Keep getting FW mismatch slide to upgrade Inspire 2.
957 10 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse5424eee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234029 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the .240 update last week for the Inspire. Ever time I power everything up I get "inconsistent FW slide to update." I do the update and it completes after 3-4 minutes. The inspire 2 reboots and it says update complete in green. As soon as I restart everything and leave it on the go 4 app screen it gives me the same "inconsistent FW found slide to update.". When I look at the details of the update it says its updating the image processor and it does comlete to 100 %. I have the X4S. I do not get this message if I remove the camera. I have tried using DJI Assistant 2 to do a firmware refresh and still have this issue. According to a DJI tech I need to have the camera replaced as it got a bad update. Im waiting on the store to get back to me for a swap. Has anyone seen this issue before? Thanks
2017-3-16
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

I think it is telling you that you have to update the FW for the batteries.   After completing the update to the R/C, Go 4 app and I2, you need to update each pair of batteries you are using.
2017-3-16
Use props
fanse5424eee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234029 ft
  • >>>
United States

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-3-16 12:27
I think it is telling you that you have to update the FW for the batteries.   After completing the update to the R/C, Go 4 app and I2, you need to update each pair of batteries you are using.

Ive tried several times.  When I go into the details of what's its updating it says updating image processor.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear that, you've already sent it back to the store, right?
2017-3-17
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

Where do you see details of update? I have seen this same every now and then, before and after big update. I use X4S.
2017-3-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Kopteristi Posted at 2017-3-22 19:59
Where do you see details of update? I have seen this same every now and then, before and after big update. I use X4S.

You see update details if you update from an iOS device that is plugged into the Inspire 2. This does not happen if you use the DJI Assistant app. Why, I have no idea.
2017-3-22
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-22 20:38
You see update details if you update from an iOS device that is plugged into the Inspire 2. This does not happen if you use the DJI Assistant app. Why, I have no idea.

I use iOS. Could you give a little more precise instructions where it is?
I just tried to check that message again but this time it didn't appear and blue slider told firmware's are up to date.

This inconsistent firmware's appears only on white screen on startup (blue slider on left upper corner). I have never seen it after selected "Go fly". Checkup list has never shown that.
2017-3-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Kopteristi Posted at 2017-3-22 21:09
I use iOS. Could you give a little more precise instructions where it is?
I just tried to check that message again but this time it didn't appear and blue slider told firmware's are up to date.

If you have successfully updated the aircraft, the battery that was installed at the time you upgraded will have its firmware updated. That 'inconsistent firmware found' message appears if and only if you insert a non-updated battery.

If you see this, do not touch the 'go fly' button until the update is completed. You CAN override the updating process BEFORE it begins but your battery firmware will have to wait for another time before it is upgraded.
2017-3-23
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-23 07:49
If you have successfully updated the aircraft, the battery that was installed at the time you upgraded will have its firmware updated. That 'inconsistent firmware found' message appears if and only if you insert a non-updated battery.

If you see this, do not touch the 'go fly' button until the update is completed. You CAN override the updating process BEFORE it begins but your battery firmware will have to wait for another time before it is upgraded.

Yep, I don't fly if update is started and this time I don't update until I see what exactly is to be updated. I never saw what was updated when inconsistent firmware was shown and updated as recommended.

It just would be good to know where that info is located what is going to be updated. Where is that info on DJI Go 4 ?.

Yesterday when I planned to turn every stone on software to find this info which modules has inconsistent firmware and is recommended to be updated message of course didn't appear.
2017-3-23
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Kopteristi Posted at 2017-3-23 20:16
Yep, I don't fly if update is started and this time I don't update until I see what exactly is to be updated. I never saw what was updated when inconsistent firmware was shown and updated as recommended.

It just would be good to know where that info is located what is going to be updated. Where is that info on DJI Go 4 ?.

Unfortunately, the programmers of the Go4 App probably aren't native English speakers and also don't believe in telling users what is happening. I was frankly very surprised to see the update info being flashed during the Inspire 2 update process (when the iPad was hooked to the I2). Usually DJI is quite poor at keeping users informed on such details....
2017-3-23
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-23 22:39
Unfortunately, the programmers of the Go4 App probably aren't native English speakers and also don't believe in telling users what is happening. I was frankly very surprised to see the update info being flashed during the Inspire 2 update process (when the iPad was hooked to the I2). Usually DJI is quite poor at keeping users informed on such details....

Fanse5424eee did see update info somewhere. He wrote this up there: ""inconsistent FW found slide to update.". When I look at the details of the update it says its updating the image processor and it does comlete to 100 %. I have the X4S. "

Perhaps it is seen during update then. I give a try next time error appears.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules