Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
factory plastic gimbal lock
2569 15 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I give up, anyone knows how to use the gimbal lock?
lock.jpg
2017-3-16
Use props
snath
Captain
Flight distance : 4803983 ft
  • >>>
United States

It goes behind the camera and the bottom cup locks the camera in place and the top connects on the top of the gimbal in the back. Be careful to make sure you take it off during flight because the camera will get very hot as it tries to move and can't. Been there and done that.
2017-3-16
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

It slides onto the rear of the gimbal. The part pointing to the left in your picture aligns with the vertical panning support. The four long fingers, straddle the rear camera yoke and push the camera into a fixed position. Here's a picture captured from around 7:15 of this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/RTeKBZobvRg (thanks Drone Doctor):
Pro_Gimbal_Lock.png
2017-3-16
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-16 18:03
It slides onto the rear of the gimbal. The part pointing to the left in your picture aligns with the vertical panning support. The four long fingers, straddle the rear camera yoke and push the camera into a fixed position. Here's a picture captured from around 7:15 of this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/RTeKBZobvRg (thanks Drone Doctor):
[view_image]

I never had one supplied with my Inspire 1 Pro, and the vendor pretty much disregarded my requests for one. I don't find it anywhere, not even the DJI site
2017-3-16
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-16 21:43
I never had one supplied with my Inspire 1 Pro, and the vendor pretty much disregarded my requests for one. I don't find it anywhere, not even the DJI site

Unfortunately, DJI is very tight with their gimbal locks for all aircraft. It only comes with the camera when you buy it along with the aircraft. If purchased separately, then no gimbal clamp is available as they are not sold on the DJI Store. That's why there is a lot of third party gimbal locks out there....
2017-3-17
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-3-16 18:01
It goes behind the camera and the bottom cup locks the camera in place and the top connects on the top of the gimbal in the back. Be careful to make sure you take it off during flight because the camera will get very hot as it tries to move and can't. Been there and done that.

LOL. Thank you. Hey, I could write a book on screw ups...
2017-3-17
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-16 18:03
[view_image]

Thanks, I tried that but I thought it should also lock rotation, I guess not. MANY THANKS.
2017-3-17
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-17 07:37
Unfortunately, DJI is very tight with their gimbal locks for all aircraft. It only comes with the camera when you buy it along with the aircraft. If purchased separately, then no gimbal clamp is available as they are not sold on the DJI Store. That's why there is a lot of third party gimbal locks out there....

I did (allegedly) buy the full kit, however it's becoming more clear to me that it was not a factory kit as the AC came without the landing gear extensions nor was the gimbal lock included, what a drag it is, as I use an Osmo regularly with the X5 and the lock would make me feel safer as I go from location to location quickly, and generally holding the limp camera in my hand.
2017-3-18
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-18 09:15
I did (allegedly) buy the full kit, however it's becoming more clear to me that it was not a factory kit as the AC came without the landing gear extensions nor was the gimbal lock included, what a drag it is, as I use an Osmo regularly with the X5 and the lock would make me feel safer as I go from location to location quickly, and generally holding the limp camera in my hand.

i have one if you want it? also the two caps that cover when the lens is disconeccted
2017-12-21
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-12-21 08:27
i have one if you want it? also the two caps that cover when the lens is disconeccted

How much? yes I want it, why don't you use it? I don't need the caps though.
2017-12-21
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-12-21 10:32
How much? yes I want it, why don't you use it? I don't need the caps though.

Make me an offer, and it came with a Inspire 1 parts lot I bought from Ebay. And it don't quite work with my Z3 lol
I take Paypal. can PM me also for that info
2017-12-21
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-12-21 10:41
Make me an offer, and it came with a Inspire 1 parts lot I bought from Ebay. And it don't quite work with my Z3 lol
I take Paypal. can PM me also for that info

you sure it's a pro X5  lock and not a X3 lock which is pretty much flat? I have an X3 lock that could be what you need. Can you post a pic? Maybe we can trade and call it a day

ooops nevermind I see the lock, I do prefer you name your price and take it from there
2017-12-21
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-12-21 16:37
you sure it's a pro X5  lock and not a X3 lock which is pretty much flat? I have an X3 lock that could be what you need. Can you post a pic? Maybe we can trade and call it a day

nope its deff an X5 lock

2017-12-21
Use props
Powerguy50
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1234 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you ever sell the gimbal lock? Next in line if its still available.
2018-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Powerguy50 Posted at 2018-1-29 12:50
Did you ever sell the gimbal lock? Next in line if its still available.

sorry it sold to Mixchief
2018-1-29
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

And loving it
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced