Remote Controller Screen Locked Up Mid-Flight - Still had full control...
878 4 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Qoncussion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31867 ft
United States

I was out flying today when I started getting unresponsive video on my Nexus 6P. I've seen this before, and it is usually followed by the DJI GO 4 app crashing or locking up. Sure enough, it locked up. I hit RTH while I sorted out my phone. But first, I noticed on the RC screen that the distance, height, MPH and RPM were all stuck - never changing during the AC's return home. Once the craft was over head, I canceled RTH and brought it down manually. During descent, the height showing on the RC screen never changed (nor had any of the other values). I still had full control, but the RC screen appeared to have locked up.

Any thoughts? Anyone seen this before?
2017-3-16
Use props
Nimdae
lvl.1
United States

I've seen the same thing with my Nexus 5X a couple of times. The RC telemetry doesn't completely stall on me, but updates very slowly.  My 5X is in the Nexus beta program and the latest beta has had various connectivity issues so I was waiting for the latest stable to retest and see if issues persisted. Out of curiosity, are you also running Android beta from Google?
2017-3-16
Use props
Qoncussion
lvl.4
United States

Nope, not running beta. When you say that your telemetry updates slowly, how long will it take between screen updates?
2017-3-16
Use props
Qoncussion
lvl.4
United States

Nimdae - tell me something... When you talk about screen lag, are you referring to your phone or the Mavic's remote control screen? I'm just clarifying, as my issue is with the RC screen.
2017-3-16
Use props
Nimdae
lvl.1
United States

I'm referring to the RC display. It could take up to a minute for info to update when coming across this problem. The app on the phone just stops functioning altogether so all I can really do is land and reboot everything.
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules