MAVIC VIDEO JUMPING AND NOT SMOOTH
3512 12 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABUMAVIC
New

Australia

Hi

i have attached a link to my video that is not smooth and skipping - keep in mind other videos are worse and even on slow rotation

you can see the small pauses and pulses. Its even worst on my computer before posting it on youtube

i have tried everything... change SD cards, record a lower quality, adjust gimbal, turn sensitivity and everything else

Is this a common problem?

is there something wrong with my mavic?

only 3days old

2017-3-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Your video is marked private.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload the original video to dropbox and send me the link?
I will help to check it.
2017-3-16
Use props
ABUMAVIC
New

Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-16 17:31
Your video is marked private.

public now
2017-3-16
Use props
ABUMAVIC
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-16 17:39
Could you please upload the original video to dropbox and send me the link?
I will help to check it.

OKAY will do that soon
2017-3-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Panning in place is the most challenging type of shot for the camera stack to capture. The higher the video frame rate the smoother the pan will be -- try the same thing with 1080/96 or 720/120.

But generally you're going to want the higher quality video res, which means 4K/30 and learning to pan very slowly while moving, which is a more interesting, cinematic style, anyway.
2017-3-16
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

Is that video from the drone's sd card or from the phone's cache?
2017-3-16
Use props
ABUMAVIC
New

Australia

From the Sd card
2017-3-16
Use props
ABUMAVIC
New

Australia

DrEMHmrk2 Posted at 2017-3-16 17:47
Is that video from the drone's sd card or from the phone's cache?

From the sd card
2017-3-16
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

btw, did you fly with the gimbal cover on? Saw some white line across when your mavic turn...
2017-3-16
Use props
ABUMAVIC
New

Australia

Flyboyz Posted at 2017-3-16 19:07
btw, did you fly with the gimbal cover on? Saw some white line across when your mavic turn...

Yes I did on that flight. But I do take it off
2017-3-16
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I honestly can't see anything wrong in the video other than you are panning too fast. Sorry.
2017-3-16
Use props
enjayaitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15023 ft
United Kingdom

Before I got my Mavic I had a 3DR Solo, which I used with a GoPro Hero 4 Black.  I shot in 1080 at 60fps.  The difference in the cameras ability to cope with rapid panning is profound - I was looking at some early rookie flights on the Solo yesterday and the impression you get is just dramatically better from the GoPro.  I'm happy to upload an original video and share a link if anyone's interested.

Now having said that, the Solo was a bigger drone and in the settings I was using it was much less sensitive - rather than the DJI "beginner mode on/off" (or cinematic mode on/off, for that matter), 3DR gave you a sliding scale of how responsive you wanted controls to be and I had it set somewhere between the two extremes.  So it may be an unfair comparison because it would never pan as rapidly as the Mavic.  

However, it's not unfair to be disappointed by the 60fps options (covered in this link and other threads): http://forum.dji.com/thread-68842-1-3.html.  It does seem to me that for most uses it's actually preferable with drone photography to favour frame rate over resolution within a given camera's capabilities, so the fact that the Mavic's 60fps capabilities are basically rubbish (or more accurately, it's 1080 modes, which are the only ones for which 60fps is available) does take the edge off.  All I can say is that out of the box the Solo/GoPro produced absolutely beautiful shots through a combination of things, most notably it's "Cable cam" mode, which is sorely lacking on the DJI app, but which allows you to pre-set position and camera orientation points and have the drone smoothly transition between them for you.  The Mavic is better in many respects (as an aircraft) but I think 3DR did a better job of just designing something that delivered a usable creative tool that a beginner could grab and get fantastic video from.

My guess is cinematic mode is likely to be the practical solution, but of course that restricts you to manual flying (I think).
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules