Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DRONE Missing, and DJI Won't help.
1104 9 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fahimtn
New
United Kingdom

So I brought a DJI Phantom 4 in October 2016 and didn't hesitate to pay for DJI CARE. Something that was meant to save me money basically has now caused the biggest headache of my life and DJI won't help me. Now I am down over £2000.
Let me explain, I had some problems with my drone so I sent it in for repairs using my DJI care on the 31st of Jan, everything was going smoothly I got a quote and they started repairing my drone. I got an email that the drone is fixed and sent me an ups tracking number for the item. This is where the problem began. So using the tracking information I stayed home and waited for my drone on the 27th of feb. Nothing came. I checked the tracking details and apparently it was delivered to me at my 'front desk' which I don't have since it was being delivered to my residential house. The package was signed for by 'Me' according to ups and DJI. I called DJI and they seemed very helpful at first and I wasn't worried, maybe a mixup had occurred. I called UPS they told me to call the seller has they will need to file a claim.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/e ... p/lost_process.html
So I told DJI what to do and they told me okay, they will get on it and contact the logistics team to solve my problem. So I started contacting DJI on the 28th and every other day since and pretty much every time I called them there was NO updates, NO progress and NO drone. They pretty much refused to call UPS and the supervisor of DJI support said there is nothing he can do, it's UPS's responsibility and yet UPS needs the seller to contact them not the receiver like most companies do.

Case Number
CAS482875z5t4t8

Now I am droneless and left without any options.

TLDR; UPS Lost my drone and Dji won't file a claim.

2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

That must have been frustrating for you, if I were in your position, I would feel just as you do.
We've forwarded this concern to the appropriate department, will look into what makes it difficult for the progress and get back to you soon, appreciate for your patience.
2017-3-16
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today I got back a repair unit (2.5 months).  Apparently it was delivered to me2 days ago.  However it was NOT.  It ended up arriving at something I've never heard of in my life called a UPS "Access Point".  This "Access Point" was in the middle of a very dangerous neighborhood and completely arbitrary.   I have no idea why it ended up at this place as it has absolutely no connection with UPS (well I guess it does now).  I kid you not,  the place is called, blank Food Mart.  So I understand your frustration.  HOWEVER,  even this place required an ID.  So if they left it with someone else and did not ask for your ID,  I think you have a case.  Also,  you should be able to look at the signature that was left and identify it was in fact yours??  @DJI Natalia is a big help and I like her, but even she doesn't have the power to help with DJI and their suspect practices.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-3-16 20:47
Today I got back a repair unit (2.5 months).  Apparently it was delivered to me2 days ago.  However it was NOT.  It ended up arriving at something I've never heard of in my life called a UPS "Access Point".  This "Access Point" was in the middle of a very dangerous neighborhood and completely arbitrary.   I have no idea why it ended up at this place as it has absolutely no connection with UPS (well I guess it does now).  I kid you not,  the place is called, blank Food Mart.  So I understand your frustration.  HOWEVER,  even this place required an ID.  So if they left it with someone else and did not ask for your ID,  I think you have a case.  Also,  you should be able to look at the signature that was left and identify it was in fact yours??  @DJI Natalia is a big help and I like her, but even she doesn't have the power to help with DJI and their suspect practices.

You mean you filled your home address, but instead the package arrived at an arbitrary point?
2017-3-17
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-17 22:04
You mean you filled your home address, but instead the package arrived at an arbitrary point?

Indeed my home address and it ended up at a  "UPS Access Point" aka a food mart in the hood.  I have called and asked them what happened and they said only one attempt to deliver will occur and then after that I have to go get it wherever they decide the Access Point is going to be. In my case it was a random food mart.   I guess UPS got sick of re-delivery of these packages?
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-3-17 22:13
Indeed my home address and it ended up at a  "UPS Access Point" aka a food mart in the hood.  I have called and asked them what happened and they said only one attempt to deliver will occur and then after that I have to go get it wherever they decide the Access Point is going to be. In my case it was a random food mart.   I guess UPS got sick of re-delivery of these packages?

Can you give me your case number? So we can locate your case and tracking number to talk with UPS about this
2017-3-17
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-17 22:34
Can you give me your case number? So we can locate your case and tracking number to talk with UPS about this

Thank you Thor,  I appreciate you trying to help.  I can tell you care about DJI clients.  At the moment I have bigger problems then shipping .  However you have my permission to check my account for the repair tracking number if you even need my permission.   What I could use help with is finding out if the phantom4Pro+  has a fix on the way?
2017-3-20
Use props
fahimtn
New
United Kingdom

Okay So not once have i asked for a replacement unit, I understand it's not  DJIS fault. Unfortunately as the receiver i can't start a claim so ups could help me.
It's like dji doesn't understand how this works. Only a sender can start a claim!

Can someone please help me, it's nearly one month and i am still on step one still nobody helping.

All someone as to do is call ups and say we want to start a claim since the receiver didn't get there item!

i have shown that my signature doesn't match the one of the actual receiver what else can i do. This is a £1500 pound item you would expect some form of ID to be used.

Please someone help me.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fahimtn Posted at 2017-3-22 09:07
[view_image]

Okay So not once have i asked for a replacement unit, I understand it's not  DJIS fault. Unfortunately as the receiver i can't start a claim so ups could help me.

We do understand how you feel and wish we could help you out of the trouble. While we just confirmed the information, sorry to tell you we're not able to handle this case since it shows you received it by yourself, thanks for your understanding.
S.png
2017-3-22
Use props
fahimtn
New
United Kingdom

I have seen that! I talked to my neighbour and they said a UPS guy left a package on top of my bin on that day, since it was raining. I have slept through the knocking and since it was raining he signed on behalf of me and went back to van. They throught I had instructed ups to do this.

I am 100% you can't do that, so can someone now please call ups and start a claim ! I am begging you. I am not letting my money just to go to waste cause a van driver is lazy and couldn't drop a letter to say it couldn't be delivered.  

2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules