Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone Link and Verification (China)
123Next >
56180 86 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shnh25
lvl.4

Netherlands

I updated the DJI Go app and today I get an update asking me to "Enter Mainland China telephone number" and Request a verification code.

So far I have been waiting for over 1 hour and there is no update on my SMS folder or anywhere on my phone.

Could I get some suggestion on how to address this?

The previous version was running without any problem
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The internet network is working fine, right? Please try another network connection and check whether you could make it, thanks. If still the same case, please try to PM me your aircraft SN, APP account and phone number, we'll help you check it.

Besides, to locate the problem, please help confirm the following information: Where's the aircraft located now? When trying to bind the phone number, you connected WiFi or 3G/4G internet? Who is your internet service provider? Which carrier does your SIM card belong to?

2017-3-16
Use props
fansc63f105b
New
Flight distance : 268960 ft
Russia

I updated the DJI Go app and today I get an update asking me to "Enter Mainland China telephone number" and Request a verification code.
But I live in the border town of Blagovostchensk (Russia) and I do not have a China telephone number.
How can I solve this problem?
2017-6-5
Use props
fanse837feee
lvl.1
Australia

I am having the same issues.
2017-6-5
Use props
fansdfc93ba3
New
United States

Same error too -- DJI Go 4.1.0 on an Android 7.0 device connected via wifi, located in California, getting prompted to enter a phone number in mainland China. My gear and I have never been to mainland China.
2017-6-5
Use props
Charles E
lvl.1
United States

Same problem, I'm in Hawaii, USA.  Comes and goes.  I turn off the RC unit and hope it is gone but it keeps coming back.  
2017-6-8
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

Just updated to the latest dji go app when i connect to the mavic it asks me to enter a mainland china tel number to get a verification code,so nwhat is the number i need to enter, i dont have to do this on my shield tablet only on my samsung s5 can anyone help please.

pic

pic
2017-6-9
Use props
syke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106207 ft
Hong Kong

I had the exact problem a couple of days ago with the linking and verification of a Mainland China phone number. This happened to me while I was in China. Every time I when I ran the DJI Go 4 app while connected to the Wifi, this message will pop up.
Obviously I didn't have a Mainland China phone number, and I wasn't able to perform the verification.
Fortunately, I was using a a Hong Kong China Mobile SIM card. The trick was to disable Wifi before running the DJI Go 4 app. Using only LTE, the app is tricked that I am in Hong Kong (China Mobile's VPN) and stops asking me for the phone verification.

2017-6-10
Use props
syke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106207 ft
Hong Kong

I had the exact problem with the verification of a Mainland China phone number. This happened to me while I was in China a couple of days ago.

Every time I ran the DJI Go 4 app while connected to the Wifi, this message will pop up.

Obviously I didn't have a Mainland China phone number, and I wasn't able to perform the verification.

Fortunately, I was using a a Hong Kong China Mobile SIM card and the trick was to disable Wifi before running the DJI Go 4 app. Using only LTE, the app is tricked that I am in Hong Kong (China Mobile's VPN) and stops asking me for the phone verification.

What are these people thinking? There are TOURISTS in China!!! I would be really upset if I had to buy a local SIM card just to verify my account. Unacceptable.
2017-6-10
Use props
fans5cddde4b
New
United Kingdom

I am in UK and also received this message. I uninstalled the app. Upgraded my Mavic firmware and controller firmware via USB using the assistant software, and then reinstalled the app. All ok now
2017-6-17
Use props
benji89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411109 ft
France

Hello,

I have the exact same problem after updating firmware. What to do ?
2017-6-18
Use props
benji89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411109 ft
France

I tried remove data and cache from settings --> applications, then reinstall the app, and still the message pops-up !
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

benji89 Posted at 2017-6-18 02:28
I tried remove data and cache from settings --> applications, then reinstall the app, and still the message pops-up !

Have responded in another thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
2017-6-19
Use props
Tectona
lvl.1
Flight distance : 965646 ft
Japan

Since yesterday I got this problem. I'm using spark; just bought fly more combo 2 days ago. I'm in Japan; never been in china, but yes the spark was made in china. Is this causing the problem because it was made in china???
I'm very new with DJI and this issue is frustrating. Whether I fly with network connection or with airplane mode, this message pop up. In the setting the china mainland map and other setting about china were already disabled. If I connect mobile device to RC, without connect the RC to AC, it's fine, but when the AC connected, this message appeared again and phone become useless. Controlling the AC with RC still works fine, but without the phone it will be a blind fly. No one wants to fly a drone without seeing what's going on to the drone. I can only use gesture control now, but that's not the purpose I purchased this spark.
I have followed some suggestion in this thread (except factory reset. I don't want to reset my phone) with no success.
Any better solution?
2017-7-27
Use props
Tectona
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 01:09
Have responded in another thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=95798&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost

I still could not fix the problem :-(
2017-7-27
Use props
fanscc61f8e1
lvl.1
Chile

Same bug after last update. Enter Mainland China telephone number and request code. Any solution?
2017-7-27
Use props
fanscc61f8e1
lvl.1
Chile

Dji Spark
I am in Chile and Argentina with the same bug with Movistar mobile operator. SN 0ASDE6Q1A100L7
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Please any solution!!!
2017-7-27
Use props
Tectona
lvl.1
Japan

"Please delete all folder and files you can see with the word DJI in it
(Main Storage > DJI Folder), (Main Storage > dji.go.v4 Folder) and there may also be a DJI text file in Main Storage also. Then reinstall the app."

I got that suggestion from DJI SPARK Facebook group. I followed the instruction and it worked well.
I hope the same problem will not appear again.
2017-7-28
Use props
Wally-Works
lvl.1
United States

I had the exact problem a couple of days ago with the linking and verification of a Mainland China phone number.   It would work with my tablet but my phone could not get out of the Link page, I tried everything I could think of so I went to bed and tried again this morning...same thing.
FIXED...I uninstalled the DJI app, turned the phone off, had a beer, turned the phone on, down-loaded DJI GO 4 and installed the app, put in my email address and password...NOW IT WORKS AGAIN hope all is well.  Will fly in a couple of days as I need to test it to see what will and will not work.
2017-7-31
Use props
djiuser_NZevpzz
New
Flight distance : 5988 ft
United Kingdom

I have had the same issue. Went outside to catch gps signal while app was open and prompting for number. I have then closed and reopened the app and the prompt was was gone. For some reason after the update the app thought spark was located in china so catching gps signal fixed the issue. Hope this helps someone.
2017-8-1
Use props
samfer
New
France

Hi
Same issue. I have the advanced + with the screen embedded. How is it possible to uninstall the app and install it again ?

2017-8-4
Use props
JC Imagem
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello, I live in Brazil and I upgraded everything there was to upgrade and my aircraft connected normally to the RC. I have a Phantom 4 Pro +. Upon using the flight simmulator, it started asking for a Mainland China phone number to connect the RC to the aircraft, it has the embedded screen, so how would I be able to uninstall the app?. Is there any solution to this problem? What can I do?  Thank you.
2017-8-5
Use props
James Carroll
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254646 ft
United States

I followed these instructions from another user in this forum.  It worked for me.

I managed to fix this issue. Steps:

1. Uninstall DJI App
2. Install a File Browser app on your phone (I used FX)
3. Delete all folder and files you can see with the word DJI in it
(Main Storage > DJI Folder), (Main Storage > dji.go.v4 Folder) and there may also be a DJI text file in Main Storage also.
4. Reinstall the app
5. Log into app and turn off BOTH China settings
6. Restart App
7. Turn on RC and AC and connect as normal

I'm 99% sure this issue is caused by the Flight Simulator! Don't use unless you are happy to follow this process every time.
2017-8-5
Use props
Zarn
New
Flight distance : 31552 ft
Australia

Hi

If you have the embedded screen P4P+ or P4 advanced+ like me, connect the drone to the remote controller with the supplied adapter. make sure the adapter is coming out of the drone and not out of the controller. This will bypass the phone number message long enough to enable wifi and to install the latest firmware.
To enable wifi swipe down and go to settings.
After all of that you'll probably run into another issue where your gps map is in Chinese and you can only download Maps of China. The fix is easy. Just reset factory settings on the Controller. You won't lose the firmware update but you will need to re-enter your account details and wifi password.

2017-8-9
Use props
fansd63519b6
New
Dominican Republic

I fixed it.  Uninstalled the app ...
2017-8-9
Use props
sanvilx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253911 ft
Italy

hi i have P4P+

The brutal fix
1) On controller swipe down from top, tap setting and do factory reset !
2) re enter your account details and wifi password  

Unfortunately every 2-3 usage, the message reappear

repeat the procedure every time the message appears

Please DJI FIXXXXXX SOOOn
2017-8-10
Use props
djiuser_b6a05kN
New
Flight distance : 14380 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem, enter China mainland number. I live in the UK. I bought the drone 4 days ago and cannot use it because of this problem. It seems to me that DJI are happy to take your money, in my case £1200 for a drone that in my opinion is only worth about £50 in it's current state. I have tried all of the suggestions on here but still the same problem. I got past the message once just to have another message pop up on the screen stating that my attitude and distance is severely limited until I link phone number. I clicked on it and the link China mainland number popped up again. I have been flying basic Quadcopters for years with no issues, I always wanted a DJI Phantom but never had the money, now I have got one, I wish I never wasted my money on the piece of crap in fact if DJI cannot sort the problem, I'm sending it back.
2017-8-11
Use props
djiuser_b6a05kN
New
Flight distance : 14380 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_b6a05kN Posted at 2017-8-11 03:54
I have exactly the same problem, enter China mainland number. I live in the UK. I bought the drone 4 days ago and cannot use it because of this problem. It seems to me that DJI are happy to take your money, in my case £1200 for a drone that in my opinion is only worth about £50 in it's current state. I have tried all of the suggestions on here but still the same problem. I got past the message once just to have another message pop up on the screen stating that my attitude and distance is severely limited until I link phone number. I clicked on it and the link China mainland number popped up again. I have been flying basic Quadcopters for years with no issues, I always wanted a DJI Phantom but never had the money, now I have got one, I wish I never wasted my money on the piece of crap in fact if DJI cannot sort the problem, I'm sending it back.

Sorry forgot to say it's a Phantom 4
2017-8-11
Use props
fansa00e842a
New
Czechia

James Carroll Posted at 2017-8-5 23:19
I followed these instructions from another user in this forum.  It worked for me.

Uninstalling / Reinstalling the DJI app works.  Tested your Flight simulator hunch, and indeed the problem returned after I used it. So I uninstalled / reinstalled the DJI App once more and it worked fine.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_b6a05kN Posted at 2017-8-11 04:05
Sorry forgot to say it's a Phantom 4

Have you tried the steps below?
1, Link to the network again,
2. Stay in a place with enough GPS signal and relaunch the app.
3. You can also try to re-install the APP, see if it works.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists.
2017-8-13
Use props
Xivind
New
Norway

James Carroll Posted at 2017-8-5 23:19

I had exactly the same problem with the China mainland number. These instructions worked for me also and I too think they are caused by the flight simulator. As long as I stay out of that everything works perfect!
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Xivind Posted at 2017-8-14 20:26
I had exactly the same problem with the China mainland number. These instructions worked for me also and I too think they are caused by the flight simulator. As long as I stay out of that everything works perfect!

We are glad to know the problem got solved, if other users encounter the same problem, we suggest:
1. Clear all cache in Settings.
2. Bring the aircraft to the place with strong GPS signal.
3. Connect your mobile device to local network and reboot the APP.
4. Reconnect aircraft to APP.
2017-8-14
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-14 22:30
We are glad to know the problem got solved, if other users encounter the same problem, we suggest:
1. Clear all cache in Settings.
2. Bring the aircraft to the place with strong GPS signal.

I'll try to do this in a polite and logical way.. but..
What is the point, DJI, with this phone authentication? As a customer, I just would like to understand and address DJI that this kind of thing is really annoying. As the other, I bought my drone to have fun and not to waste time from times linking, in a mandatory way, my phone number to DJI.
Please, consider looking for customer satisfaction instead of useless procedures.
2017-8-22
Use props
JetexJim
lvl.1
Germany

I got my Mavic today and ran into the, "Enter a mainland China telephone number problem". I had opened up the Simulator while I was waiting for the batteries to charge.

Uninstalling the App and reinstalling it cured the problem. (luckily I stumbled across this thread or likely I'd still be struggling)

Really, I'd expect better from a product in this price range!
2017-8-26
Use props
fans26c766e5
New
Mexico

The problem is caused by the fly simulator , the simulator "fly" the drone in China so you need a registration in China .. the drone thinks it is in China so you can't fly . I resolve the problem using the gesture control outside home . When the drone take the GPS and a new home position the message disappear .
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans26c766e5 Posted at 2017-8-28 19:05
The problem is caused by the fly simulator , the simulator "fly" the drone in China so you need a registration in China .. the drone thinks it is in China so you can't fly . I resolve the problem using the gesture control outside home . When the drone take the GPS and a new home position the message disappear .

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we have reported this issue to our engineers, we will keep improving our products to make your experience with us better.
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_vFjFgfu
lvl.1
Singapore

hi all, i have same problem after trying out the flight simulator.
I read from other forum and managed to resolve by uninstall DJI Go4 app and deleted all log file inside the phone.
Then re-install back DJI Go 4 app.
Everything back to normal.
So NO MORE trying out the flight simulator again...
Hope this help to all newbies like me...
2017-9-8
Use props
djiuser_MBEvEve
New
Kuwait

Solved it !  I tried looking for why the drone thought I was in China .  before you upgrade the drone, go to the menu in the top right hand corner and press "find my Drone"  (it showed that  the drone is located in China) Then go to somewhere with GPS and let it update the Drone's location. After that, I performed the upgrade and it worked.  (For me it was the first time activating the drone out of the box; the root cause is either because it was tested in China, or with the firmware upgrade, the coordinates of the drone is set to China and yu just need to override it by getting the current gps coordinates for the drone. The find my drone forces the drone to update it's coordinates)
2017-9-12
Use props
fansd061510e
New

Mexico

Is my first time. They asking me to "enter Mainland China Telephone number" and request verification code. But i live in Mexico and dont have china telephone numer. How can i fix it?
2017-9-15
Use props
fansd1f67ffd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38081 ft
United States

hi if u are getting a pop up that will not stop coming up every time you start up when you see this prompt go to the top of main page swap down  
2017-9-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules