Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji go video lag
5286 14 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7f930d71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182379 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, after being forced to update to dji go android v3.1.3 I am getting serious video lag and losing video signal over very short distances.
I have tried to roll back to previous versions of the app but each time I try to connect to internet whilst app is open it forces an update to 3.1.3
The A/C and R/C firmware are both upto date.
Anyone know if this is a problem with the app  and if there is going to be another version anytime soon or if there are any other work around I haven't tried.
Any help appreciated.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help confirm your aircraft model firstly, how long you have owned it?
What is the mobile device you use for aircraft?
How long it lags?
2017-3-17
Use props
fans7f930d71
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia, I have a phantom 3 advanced, bought January 2016.
Use a Alcatel onetouch tablet.
( I know it's not on recommended list but used for past 6 months with no problems until this go update)
The lag varies between 1 - 5 seconds and I can lose video feed anywhere from 10 metres out
2017-3-17
Use props
Finler
lvl.1
United States

I'm also having issues since being FORCED to up date the DJI GO app. Lagged or lost video feed, decreased range and early RTH issues as a result. The prior version worked flawlessly and no range issue etc. I'm using a Phantom 4 drone with a Galaxy Tab 4 tablet. Question is there a way to downgrade the app and go back to using the original Dji Go app?

2017-3-28
Use props
fans7f930d71
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Over last couple of days I have tried various things to try and see if I can fix this issue.
I have rolled back the go app to the version I was using before update, this did not show much difference in video lag and would only work if not connected to internet.
I've also cleared up as many apps on the tablet as I can without rooting, still no good.
I rolled back RC firmware, made no real difference although slightly better when running older app and would not recognise version I'd AC & RC firmware in app.
Beginning to wonder if problem lies in latest firmware updates as absolutely fine before updating
2017-3-29
Use props
user11eab327e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376201 ft
Italy

fans7f930d71 Posted at 2017-3-29 23:43
Over last couple of days I have tried various things to try and see if I can fix this issue.
I have rolled back the go app to the version I was using before update, this did not show much difference in video lag and would only work if not connected to internet.
I've also cleared up as many apps on the tablet as I can without rooting, still no good.

can u help me?

ph3adv last firmware, iohone6s updated

I have an approx 2 sec delay moving_rc_stick or gimbal / video signal on djigo

I've tried to change cable and another iPhone 6s but nothing
2017-3-30
Use props
fans7f930d71
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well, done a few more tests to try resolve the live image feed issue ( I've also noticed that it gets worse when you try to record video).
After rolling back RC firmware and go app to versions that worked fine before updates I contacted dji support for help.
After explaining all that I had done I asked if there was a way to roll back AC firmware to be told that I can't be done as dji don't want us to.
I was told the usual bull that it was my fault because my android device was not on the recommended list.
I pushed the point that it was working fine until dji update so what have they changed to make things worse and that I believed the problem was in the AC firmware upgrade.
I was told that dji write into the AC firmware which devices can be used which is why they don't want to roll back that firmware.
When I pushed for clarification on that the the session was ended by the other side.
So it seems that dji are writing into the firmware what devices we can use and what we can't, maybe to push us into buying products which some of us don't want or simply can't afford.
That's my opinion anyway.
2017-4-1
Use props
calls4u2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

It's time dji updated their list of devices, most of which are inferior to currently available devices. Perhaps a 'benchmark' utility needs to be developed rather than a simple list. People shouldn't be scared of updating firmware so *real* testing by dji is also needed. The equipment is pretty amazing but seems let down by software (and support).
2017-4-2
Use props
user11eab327e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376201 ft
Italy

this problem seems to be solved only by thermal pads

some of you has made this? now it's right or the lag still continues?
2017-4-14
Use props
Decco Skyrider
New
Flight distance : 227100 ft
Belgium

Same problem here, after updating the app and the firmware, the video latency is 5 to 10 secondes and have and have weak video signal at only one meter. Everything was working smoothly before I was forced to update...
How can you make something worst than before ?

Phantom 3 pro
Samsung galaxy tab 4
2017-7-23
Use props
Decco Skyrider
New
Flight distance : 227100 ft
Belgium

Same problem here, after updating the app and the firmware, the video latency is 5 to 10 secondes and have and have weak video signal at only one meter. Everything was working smoothly before I was forced to update...
How can you make something worst than before ?

Phantom 3 pro
Samsung galaxy tab 4
2017-7-23
Use props
fans6f1ce8c7
New
Russia

Same problem with mavic redmi note 3 pro
2017-7-23
Use props
AXP4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65292 ft
Hong Kong

same case here! mavic pro with LG G3, was working perfectly before the force update! wtf!
2017-10-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Display lag is caused by a display device that is not able to process the video feed fast enough. If the lag bothers you, get a better device.
2017-10-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans7f930d71 Posted at 2017-4-1 23:56
Well, done a few more tests to try resolve the live image feed issue ( I've also noticed that it gets worse when you try to record video).
After rolling back RC firmware and go app to versions that worked fine before updates I contacted dji support for help.
After explaining all that I had done I asked if there was a way to roll back AC firmware to be told that I can't be done as dji don't want us to.

'That's my opinion anyway.'

And it is mostly conjecture and wrong.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules