828 5 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Hi guys and ladies,

I haven't been as active as i would like here, i was wondering what RC firmware ye running now.

I still on the v1.6.x due to v1.8.0 basically rendering the P4 useless with choppy video, half screen blank, pixelated video.

Have the problems been fixed with v1.8.0?

2017-3-17
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I'm running 1.8.0 in the controller and 01.02.0602 in the drone.   I use an iPad Pro 9.7 as the video device.

I have absolutely no issues with my video.

2017-3-17
Use props
fans66d40b4c
lvl.2
United States

I would stay at 1.6 if your using Android Platform, It appears it's a hit and miss sir I wish I was back at 1.6
2017-3-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Ditto.   Stay at 1.60.

I installed the HDMI module and found the RC was at 1.60+.  Some say the "+" symbol meant it wasn't yet sync'd to the DJI servers, but that RC has been in use since last summer so I'm sure it was.  If it moved the RC from whatever version back to the default of 1.60+ I should have left it alone.  Instead, I got the warning to update so I did to 1.80.  My iPad Air 2 never broke up the video stream prior until 1.80 was added.  The HDMI side was good, but the screen USB side was a video scramble at times and behaved much like my bad Samsungs which break up, reboot, crash to black, etc.

I did the rollback to 1.60 and the iPad Air 2 is better.  Might break up 1% of the time now, but was awful with 1.80.
2017-3-17
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Thanks fansa84fe8a4.

It annoying every time i go for a fly it prompting for update.

@DJI Can you please disable v1.8.0 update prompts or fix the firmware issue. It's a joke that is just left half assed like this.

2017-3-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2017-3-18 00:50
Thanks fansa84fe8a4.

It annoying every time i go for a fly it prompting for update.

Aloha FuZZy,

Have you tried going into the HD settings and used the "Custom" setting.  There you can choose the most stable 2.4 GHz channel and reduce the mbps to 4 (the lowest).  This usually goes far toward stabilizing the live feed video and the lowest setting of 4 mbps is plenty for a real good live feed (at least here in Hawai'i).  

In my own experience, upgrading to the full DJI P4 experience has been very well rewarded.  My only problem now is that my nVidia Shield K1 is having issues with the latest firmware, but DJI is putting out improvements on a regular basis and appears to be working with nVidia and Android toward resolving the problem.

But, you just cannot deny that when everything is up and running correctly, that P4 camera really gets it right and beautiful.  My recent work with that camera reminds me that it really makes it all worth while.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules