Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controlling the Mavic on Android or iOS?
2643 19 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borse2008
lvl.2
United States

Hi Guys,
Do you or have you seen any real differences or no differences compared to running the Mavic drone on your android or ios device any pros or cons?
2017-3-17
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

IOS device always seem to get the updates first and the software always seems more stable as with Android they have to Cater for a lot of different devices
2017-3-17
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

IOS will usually have the newest updates and I have heard various complaints on android users having problems.
2017-3-17
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

What The Rev said, I am an android guy but wish I was an apple person, the iOS system seems much more stable in this application.
Regards,
-d
2017-3-17
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

As an iOS person who reads the board it seems that iOS is a more stable platform - and I'm thinking its because Apple locks down their products and releases updates directly to the Apple products as opposed to other OS vendors who ship it to the carriers and those carriers may or may not release it to their customers.

Just my opinion and observations - YMMV.
2017-3-17
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

i am using iPhone 6 plus and the IOS never crash when using DJI GO 4. Pretty stable .
2017-3-17
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

All I can offer is my experience on Android.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (on recommended list) and a much newer Galaxy S7edge.  I have had nothing but problems with signal loss.  Still not resolution from DJI.  If I were trying to use equipment that was not on the supported list I would be more tolerant, but the S5 is an approved device.  Just so you know, tech support has also suggested an Apple IOS device as the "seem to have fewer problems".
2017-3-17
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-17 07:20
All I can offer is my experience on Android.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (on recommended list) and a much newer Galaxy S7edge.  I have had nothing but problems with signal loss.  Still not resolution from DJI.  If I were trying to use equipment that was not on the supported list I would be more tolerant, but the S5 is an approved device.  Just so you know, tech support has also suggested an Apple IOS device as the "seem to have fewer problems".

EasyT, I had the same issue (signal loss) on my S7 Edge. The issue went away when I stopped using the default cable that comes out the the side of the RC and started using a regular USB cable that plugs in to the center/facing user of the RC. Have you tried that?

As for the poster's question: I've used GO 4 on both platforms and it seems the iOS is more stable.  That said, I've had very few issues with it running on my S7 Edge after sorting out the connection issue (see above).
2017-3-17
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-3-17 07:47
EasyT, I had the same issue (signal loss) on my S7 Edge. The issue went away when I stopped using the default cable that comes out the the side of the RC and started using a regular USB cable that plugs in to the center/facing user of the RC. Have you tried that?

As for the poster's question: I've used GO 4 on both platforms and it seems the iOS is more stable.  That said, I've had very few issues with it running on my S7 Edge after sorting out the connection issue (see above).

Thanks for the suggestion!  Yes, I have tried both USB connections on my controller and 3 different cables on both my S7edge and S5 with no joy.  Still waiting on a response from tech support.
2017-3-17
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

I was going to purchase an Android tablet but after reading all of the associated problems I just used the iOS device that I had already.  Glad I did, so far no problems.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both Android and IOS, and I like IOS better as far as the GO4 app.
2017-3-17
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-17 09:48
I have both Android and IOS, and I like IOS better as far as the GO4 app.

That's probably because DJI are progressively favoring iOS and deliberately witholding features from Android. An increasingly cosy relationship it would seem.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

4wd Posted at 2017-3-17 10:48
That's probably because DJI are progressively favoring iOS and deliberately witholding features from Android. An increasingly cosy relationship it would seem.

That's 100% incorrect.
2017-3-17
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm thinking of changing to iPad mini 4 from nvidia shield, how is screen brightness on mini 4 iPad. Is it worth it or wait for android fix.
2017-3-17
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-17 09:33
Thanks for the suggestion!  Yes, I have tried both USB connections on my controller and 3 different cables on both my S7edge and S5 with no joy.  Still waiting on a response from tech support.

Shucks... was hoping that would solve your issue.
2017-3-17
Use props
borse2008
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks all
2017-3-18
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Great thread! I use android, not really a big fan of apple. From what I understand though, is that Mavic on android is a bit of a challenge which blows my mind since most phones today operate on android so you'd think that DJI would perfect the android app regardless of what kind of phone you have that operates on android.
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

I use both platforms also --- android and Go4 is not as stable as apple with Go4 --- I prefer to use android
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

cause apple wants too much personal info and when I install an app as trusted ( install from anywhere ) that apple does not like it will disable it after a couple of reboots.
Android in developer Mode with the same app will update still function and not be disabled also when you Force stop an app it does not restart it after a reboot.
Android = Litchi
Apple/Mac = Go4
Just my 2 cents
2017-3-18
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most people seem to assume that because Android devices allow for lots of various apps that are not fully approved to be loaded that this is the reason for many of the unstable issues that we have.  This is not the case, many people have used freshly factory reset Androids devices (me for one) with nothing else loaded and still get app crashes on every single flight.
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules