iPhone workflow / Saving video to PC?
1630 4 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asr10user
New
United States

Ive had my Osmo for 2 weeks now.  I am on the fence.  The iPhone 7 plus jitter problem is real and makes the iPhone 7 plus unusable when walking.  My real problem though is just the workflow and storage space of iphone files in 4k.  I didnt consider the pain it would be to transfer files from dji/filmic pro to camera roll, then airdrop/upload to usb.  Its a real pain.  I have 20gb of free storage and while I understand 4K files are huge, 20gb gets eaten up really fast.  So i'd like to use 20gb, then save that somewhere else, then use another 20gb.   

I have two main methods to transfer files from iPhone to a different source.  Network usb storage (hootoo portable router) and Airdrop.  The Hootoo device works, its just slow, slow as in 3gb of footage might take one hour to transfer.  Airdrop is fast and managable (3gb of storage in a few minutes) however that means I need to carry my macbook around.

I wonder if something like an iXpand disk would help me.  Any suggestions on workflow?

2017-3-17
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

It's easy with SanDisk iXpand. I am using SanDisk iXpand 128 GB. This makes it very easy and fast to copy videos and also photos from the iPhone. Open the video in Filmic Pro upload it to ScanDisk and delete it in Filmic Pro. This operation does not work in the DJI Osmo APP. Here you have to copy the video only to the camera roll and from there only on ScanDisk upload
2017-5-26
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Udo13 Posted at 2017-5-26 03:47
It's easy with SanDisk iXpand. I am using SanDisk iXpand 128 GB. This makes it very easy and fast to copy videos and also photos from the iPhone. Open the video in Filmic Pro upload it to ScanDisk and delete it in Filmic Pro. This operation does not work in the DJI Osmo APP. Here you have to copy the video only to the camera roll and from there only on ScanDisk upload

SanDisk iXpand is my best Investigation for my Apple iPhones (also for my wife) and iPad.
2017-5-26
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm looking forward to trying out a recent kickstarter item called Gnarbox, a ruggedized 128gb mini video editing device that is a wifi hotspot itself and has. 4-6ht battery life....
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Have you tried Google Photos?  I use it when I plug in to the iPhone and it downloads all the photos and videos automatically.  Then again I'm running the Google photos backup app on macosx but I'm sure they have a windows version too.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules