Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi guys
did my first flight today , all went well (it came back in one piece) but when trying to power drone down battery did not respond it just flashing all of its lights
i did remove from drone , now know i shouldnt really have done that ..packed it all away and came home .Then turned it off as normal and all was good...
anyone know what the 4 flashing lights means and why it would not respond..
Still happy cus got the first flight nerves over and it was very windy . managed few take offs and manual landindgs on to pad so well chuffed,
point 2 is was looking everywhere for wind speed details on app but can't find em anywhere.would have thought they would have em some where?

any help on these would be greatly apprecaited

cheers

2017-3-17
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

You tried to turn it off the same way you turned it on? Press once, then press again and hold until all lights are out. The controller is the same way.  Sometimes when you turn off the drone, the drone will keep the power on for a few seconds to complete shut down operations as well.
2017-3-17
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-17 11:03
You tried to turn it off the same way you turned it on? Press once, then press again and hold until all lights are out. The controller is the same way.  Sometimes when you turn off the drone, the drone will keep the power on for a few seconds to complete shut down operations as well.

yea did everything i had done numerous times at home , and even when took battery out of drone it still would not turn off...
2017-3-17
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Battery:
I'm sure you were just nervous after your first flight.
I confused it sometimes myself. My 2nd push wasn't long enough.

Wind Speed:
There is no indicator in the app that shows you wind speed.
If you are concerned: As long as you don't get a "High Wind Velocity Warning" you shouldn't be worried.

You can find out what wind speed the drone was facing post-flight by uploading the flight log here:
https://healthydrones.com/main?flight=5bf37198e42c3b17eeea52f915f7b7d5&page_id=WIND

Initially I considered to buy a handheld wind meter but don't think it makes sense.
Usually wind at ground level is way different...
2017-3-17
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-17 12:32
Battery:
I'm sure you were just nervous after your first flight.
I confused it sometimes myself. My 2nd push wasn't long enough.

Yeah it can be dramatically different.. I once flew where the wind at ground was only 5 mph and up about 150 feet it was around 30 mph. As for the wind speed, you do need an upgraded account to get those metrics (which I happily have). Also to the OP, if you are running IOS you will need to sync your logs with DJI as well under your flight logs (press the cloud with the refresh symbol in it), then download HD Sync and sync your log files with the directions at healthy drones. You will have a unique number that you will have to enter along with your DJI login for that app and after you are flying it will automatically upload your data to healthy drones.
2017-3-17
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks guys
i was about to buy a meter (just before i read last 2 replys) so saved £22 ..lol ,will defo have a look at healthy drones site ..
thanks again
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-3-17 13:02
thanks guys
i was about to buy a meter (just before i read last 2 replys) so saved £22 ..lol ,will defo have a look at healthy drones site ..
thanks again

Could you happen to provide a small video of how it's behaving?
2017-3-17
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-17 16:17
Could you happen to provide a small video of how it's behaving?

I let it discharge and am sending it back tomorow , new one is arriving.joy of Amazon , just don't trust it now so decided to  get it replaced as was less than 30 days old ..
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-3-18 12:40
I let it discharge and am sending it back tomorow , new one is arriving.joy of Amazon , just don't trust it now so decided to  get it replaced as was less than 30 days old ..

At least you were able to get it addressed through your dealer, thanks for the update.
2017-3-18
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-18 17:31
At least you were able to get it addressed through your dealer, thanks for the update.

yea ,thanks new one came today, and looks good so far LOL
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-3-19 12:27
yea ,thanks new one came today, and looks good so far LOL

Good to hear. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules