Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Apply "SFOC"in Canada
2772 12 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

As you may know, Transport Canada make new rules on drone yesterday: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ ... c-garneau-1.4027486

Now, I am planning to get a "SFOC" for my Mavic. On the website(https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilav ... ns-certificate.html),
they saying:"Send a detailed application to the Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regional Office in the region where you intend to fly your UAV. Be aware that there is no standard form or fee for an SFOC"

So, How to get one? anybody did it before can share the application pack or experience? Thanks
2017-3-17
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

it won't stop people from calling 911 as soon as they see a drone, regardless of weather you have a SFOC or not . . . .  you will be harassed now, buh-bye freedoms.
2017-3-17
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

+1 Acid snow. What a waste of 911 resources. Point to note, 911 can not enforce a whole bunch on the spot unless it is of a criminal violation; however they are obliged to pass it on to TC.
2017-3-17
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Now, I am planning to get a "SFOC" for my Mavic.
"Be aware that there is no standard form or fee for an SFOC"
So, How to get one? anbody did it before can share the application pack or experience?

As the web page says, there is no standard form, but I found information here and here that should help.
2017-3-17
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Wow. Those rules are worse than the ones for the US.  It's a bit surreal, since (Western) Canadians are usually stereotyped as laid back no-worry type folks.
2017-3-17
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

Like I said in a previous thread, this is done because our gov is painting all drones with the same wide brush. How can our Mavic compare to a China knock off found on ebay for a few bucks?
So they are really making every high quality drone pilots criminals even before the poor pilot gets out of his house to fly responsibly. Unbelievable.
2017-3-17
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-17 18:19
Now, I am planning to get a "SFOC" for my Mavic.
"Be aware that there is no standard form or fee for an SFOC"
So, How to get one? anbody did it before can share the application pack or experience?

Thank u so much for the info. That halps a lot
2017-3-20
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
United States

SFOC needed for every single flight? Meaning I have to wait at least 20 days (SFOC application processing) for my next flight? crazy.......
2017-3-20
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

Richard Mavic p Posted at 2017-3-20 11:25
SFOC needed for every single flight? Meaning I have to wait at least 20 days (SFOC application processing) for my next flight? crazy.......

I guess if that's the case, we'll have to send a minimum of 52 applications for weekend flying. As long as you started 20 days ago. Ridiculous.
2017-3-22
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
United States

bigdps Posted at 2017-3-22 16:50
I guess if that's the case, we'll have to send a minimum of 52 applications for weekend flying. As long as you started 20 days ago. Ridiculous.

That's a great idea. if everyone send 52 applications for a weekend flying. They may consider to change the policy, such a wast of city resources.
2017-3-23
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

After you prove yourself to be a safe and responsible flier you will get an SFOC that allows more freedom and duration.  The best place to start in filling out an SFOC is to find someone in your area that has already done that.  Try local Aircraft businesses that need to submit an SFOC as well not just unmanned types.  I have a local real estate agent as well as a few drone businesses for example that have already filed an SFOC.  I suspect the SFOC requirement will have to change simply because of the ministries inability to keep up with the increase that is already happening.  There is already talk about registration, training and much more on the Transport Canada website.
2017-4-17
Use props
easysfoc
New

United States

The SFOC process is confusing - we launched a affordable online platform at www.easysfoc.com to try to help users navigate the process. Check us out - you can be done in 20 minutes, we give you all of the supporting documentation you need, have all of the tech specs for dji drones, check your site for airspace coordination and provide free telephone support for compliance questions. We are a small company, my partner and I have worked in the UAV industry in Western Canada for a few years now and haven't had any rejected applications. Skip the headache.

Use the coupon code -  10p2017CF for 10% off

- Corey

2017-6-9
Use props
ZeeinBC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287749 ft
Canada

Wait for this interim order BS they put through to change, they said by summer.. so soon hopefully..  In the meantime, if you fly -- take an alternate route home. It'll be harder for the police, fire, ambulance and Marc Garneau to find you.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules