Mavic - Propeller Guard Settings in App
6031 7 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

Are there any settings in the app that need to be set if you are using the Mavic - Propeller Guard's
the AC doesn’t look as stable but it does fly
I noticed a setting in the app if you are using the Mavic - Propeller Cage
I now they are different, just thought that I missed something as we all know the documentation is not the best it does not cove everting.

2017-3-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't look as stable" but no, enabling the propeller cage option isn't for the "guards" -- only for the "cage". While they do add a small amount of additional weight, it should be pretty evenly distributed and the aircraft should be able to compensate for having them installed just as it does with the third-party guards that are available. The only thing I can think of to suggest would be to make sure that your Mavic flies fine without them and that you have them correctly installed.
2017-3-17
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-17 15:19
I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't look as stable" but no, enabling the propeller cage option isn't for the "guards" -- only for the "cage". While they do add a small amount of additional weight, it should be pretty evenly distributed and the aircraft should be able to compensate for having them installed just as it does with the third-party guards that are available. The only thing I can think of to suggest would be to make sure that your Mavic flies fine without them and that you have them correctly installed.

Correctly installed?
I did my best & it looks ok but just like any of the things that come for Mavic there were no instructions.
I could tell that they were different for front & back but that is all that I had to go on
2017-3-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-17 16:41
Correctly installed?
I did my best & it looks ok but just like any of the things that come for Mavic there were no instructions.
I could tell that they were different for front & back but that is all that I had to go on

Correctly installed? . . . there were no instruction

As you probably guessed I'm just grasping at straws. What I do know is that DJI's design is similar to that of the third-party guards and I've never heard of anyone needing to configure anything for those either.
2017-3-17
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-17 17:15
Correctly installed? . . . there were no instruction

As you probably guessed I'm just grasping at straws. What I do know is that DJI's design is similar to that of the third-party guards and I've never heard of anyone needing to configure anything for those either.

Yesterday I installed my prop-guards on my Mavic Pro to show a friend.  I hadn't flown with them in a couple weeks and before the last update.  I lifted off the ground about a meter, the Mavic was unstable and wobbling.  I landed to check that everything was tight and correct.  I confirmed the prop cage was active.  Took off again and no change. I landed, power cycled the Mavic and turned off prop cage.  The flight was more stable, with less noticable wobble and shaking.   I will try to link two videos showing the difference with and without the prop cage setting active.  
2017-3-21
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

Fllight with prop guard setting active.  

Flight with prop guard setting off.  
2017-3-21
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

eyeg4et1956 Posted at 2017-3-21 00:23
Yesterday I installed my prop-guards on my Mavic Pro to show a friend.  I hadn't flown with them in a couple weeks and before the last update.  I lifted off the ground about a meter, the Mavic was unstable and wobbling.  I landed to check that everything was tight and correct.  I confirmed the prop cage was active.  Took off again and no change. I landed, power cycled the Mavic and turned off prop cage.  The flight was more stable, with less noticable wobble and shaking.   I will try to link two videos showing the difference with and without the prop cage setting active.

Thank you: that seems to confirm that the "propeller cage" option is only for the cage and not for the guards.
2017-3-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

That's correct.  The Prop Cage setting is only for the $159 DJI Prop cages (with the special propellers for the cages).  If you have prop guards you do NOT want to use that setting.
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules