Audio from your phone is lost on download of original file
2156 10 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonnywoods
lvl.1

Canada

As the tittle says I down loaded the actual vid from the mavic and now the audio that was recorded is gone where is it saved can I find it somewhere ?
2017-3-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It was in your downlink video cache, and might still be there.

Hook up your phone to iTunes, select the phone's Apps settings and scroll down till you see DJI Go 4, click on that, and then a list of files and folders will show up on the right. Drag and drop the Video Cache folder to your desktop and then look in that folder to see if the audio version is still there.

Good luck!
2017-3-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I down loaded the actual vid from the mavic and now the audio that was recorded is gone

The audio from the phone isn't included in the video captured by the Mavic, but you can download and synchronize it with the video from your Mavic's SD card if you want.
2017-3-17
Use props
Jonnywoods
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks ex machina that's exactly what I'm looking for I'll go try that !!!
2017-3-18
Use props
Jonnywoods
lvl.1

Canada

It's a shame it doesn't attach the audio when you down load it to your phone because if you wanted to use it doing a quick edit just on your phone you can't
2017-3-18
Use props
pedrodinis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 896476 ft
Portugal

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-17 16:15
It was in your downlink video cache, and might still be there.

Hook up your phone to iTunes, select the phone's Apps settings and scroll down till you see DJI Go 4, click on that, and then a list of files and folders will show up on the right. Drag and drop the Video Cache folder to your desktop and then look in that folder to see if the audio version is still there.

In iTunes, I can´t see a list of files and folders of an app anywhere. Can you explain it better?
Thanks!
2017-3-18
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you attach your iPad/iPhone to a PC, you can choose the option to view files and folders.  The video is in one of the folders along with any photos you took with your iPad/Iphone..  I found mine recently it was in a quite obvious place.
2017-3-18
Use props
pedrodinis
lvl.4
Portugal

pedrodinis Posted at 2017-3-18 08:55
In iTunes, I can´t see a list of files and folders of an app anywhere. Can you explain it better?
Thanks!

I just found the files and folders! The only folder i found that contains audio is the "export works", but it doesn't have the audio files alone. Is there a way to get ONLY the audio files from cache?
2017-3-18
Use props
pedrodinis
lvl.4
Portugal

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-3-18 09:02
If you attach your iPad/iPhone to a PC, you can choose the option to view files and folders.  The video is in one of the folders along with any photos you took with your iPad/Iphone..  I found mine recently it was in a quite obvious place.

I use a macbook pro with iTunes. I've already found the files. Thanks!
2017-3-18
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

pedrodinis Posted at 2017-3-18 09:17
I just found the files and folders! The only folder i found that contains audio is the "export works", but it doesn't have the audio files alone. Is there a way to get ONLY the audio files from cache?

I don't believe the app records the audio to a separate file. Just add the cache video as a 2nd track in your video editor, making sure it's below the main video track, so it doesn't get displayed. Alternatively, most video editors (eg. iMovie) have an option to "Detach audio" from a video track.
2017-3-18
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

pedrodinis Posted at 2017-3-18 09:17

Export Works is for movies saved with Editor, you want to the mp4 files stored in videoCache, and no, there are no audio-only files to be had -- it's all audio tracks added to downlink video.
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules