Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lapo Battery
1246 8 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Have a few questions about my P3S battery

Assuming I have set my charge down date to be 3 days on the goapp

#1)
Is the 3 days from the last charge date or the the last use date or ? ?
(what I mean by last use date is I may have charged it on a monday, used only 5% on a wed so it is still at 95%, would the charge down date commence on the thursday (3 days following the charge date or commence on Saturday , 3 days following the last use date ?)

#2)
If on the 3 day (expected day of charge down) , I decide to fly the P3S and it hasn't charged down, is it possible it will start charging down the same time as I am using it (I know the rate of discharge is over two days and not all that significant but will it effect the u
se of the P3S in any way ?

Thanks for all replies in advance

2017-3-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The period starts from the last time you pressed the button on the front of the battery, so if you had just shut your aircraft down, then it would begin from that time.

If you press the button at any time, it stops discharging and resets the discharge timer, so if you want to use the battery, press the button once to stop discharge and put it in the charger.
2017-3-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's advisable to top off your battery packs if they have sat around idle for a period of time.

It's not good practice to fly with batteries that have already begun to discharge.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-18
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Let me just clarify that last one ....

Top up BEFORE flying if left idle for a time.

Do not Top up if not flying. Let the self discharge do its job.

OK ... LiPo facts :

All LiPo's lose charge from moment they are disconnected from charger ... its a slow process but true. This is same for ALL batterys - even LiFe and LSD NiMh .... The rate is very small though and 1 or 2 days after full charge should be OK to use as is.  But over 2 days and you want to use, even if you set self discharge to longer - its good idea to top-up.

With the DJI battery of course - this is not as simple as any other LiPo .... because the battery internal board has a 'switch' you need to be aware of. If battery is over 93 or similar % charge - just plugging in will not allow top-up charge. You have to switch on Battery first BEFORE connecting charger. Then the board is 'told' to accept charge to battery.
I actually switch on battery EVERY time I charge - because I have noticed a tendency for charger to not reach full charge when not - even when battery starts from  low charge level. This should not happen of course but there you go ... life's not perfect !!

Nigel
2017-3-18
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Ok ... Room 101 item !!

The Self Discharge process as Geebax says has a timer that resets any time you touch the button on the battery. Even just to check condition ... it resets the timer to start again !

So if you want to look after the batterys ... set the Self Discharge days to 2 or 3 ... and LEAVE then alone till you really want to use them. Then charge fully.

I have my batterys set to 3 days ... but I also make use of a small gadget that when I connect and set to discharge to storage level 15.2V - it 'recycles' the discharge energy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Batter ... :g:aZAAAOSwHsRYECkR

So I decide what to do with the battery ... and the energy can be used to charge Mobile Phone ... tablet ... even the RC if you need it ...

Nigel
2017-3-18
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Hey Solentlife, when u say u turn on battery before charging, do u just click the battery once or once then a second time and then plug it in. Sorry I'm new and still learning.. TKS
2017-3-18
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-3-18 09:02
Hey Solentlife, when u say u turn on battery before charging, do u just click the battery once or once then a second time and then plug it in. Sorry I'm new and still learning.. TKS

Yes, do it  as you described.
2017-3-18
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Press once ... then Second time as you would to fly ....

Nigel
2017-3-18
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Thank you
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now