Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
About DJI Go 4 crashes
12Next >
6892 73 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samoth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

It's just unacceptable.
How comes DJI's developpers can't make a decent app (at least stable) when other parties (Litchi) can?
How comes Litchi has more functions and is more stable than DJI Go 4?

DJI's drones aren't exactly cheap, the least we can expect is a fully working app.
A crash of DJI Go 4 could lead to a crash of the drone (and who will be to blame?)

About the list of compatible devices:
-People with devices listed as "compatible" also experience crashes
-It's your job to make my (other people's) phone compatible, not mine to buy a new one to "maybe have a better stability"
-Every recent android phone/iPhone should be compatible, like with Litchi (they support every android phone that has android 4.1 or higher)

So there could be 2 reasons to the app's instability: either your devs are incompetent (I hope not), or they aren't enough in number.
Solutions are quite easy: employ new ones, either to remplace the incompetent ones or to help the overwhelmed ones

2017-3-18
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

well said im completely fed up with the dodgy go app that keeps crashing not to mention the rubbish firmware that keeps getting churned out by dji,we as consumers expect a lot more for our money,its just not on.
2017-3-18
Use props
Tangoors
New
Netherlands

I agree! Yesterday I Almost lost my mavic due to a connection failure with the DJI go app. Drone was uncontrollable. (with s7 edge nougat)
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Since there are plenty of device type or model, we cannot make sure all the devices to be compatible with DJI GO app. And we are keep improving DJI GO.
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
2017-3-19
Use props
Samoth
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-19 01:38
Since there are plenty of device type or model, we cannot make sure all the devices to be compatible with DJI GO app. And we are keep improving DJI GO.
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?

I'm using a Oneplus 3T (android 7.1.1)

I understand that it isn't easy, but if a third party app manages to be stable, DJI Go 4 should be too.

And after what I've read on this forum and the Play Store's page, many people (some are using compatible devices) experience crashes
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Samoth Posted at 2017-3-19 02:26

I understand that it isn't easy, but if a third party app manages to be stable, DJI Go 4 should be too.

We will keep improving our DJI GO app and thank you for your feedback.
As for now, we would suggest you to use a recommended device.
Thank you for your understanding.
2017-3-20
Use props
Samoth
lvl.4
Belgium

Recommended devices crash as well according to other members of this forum.

And I won't buy a new device to maybe have a slightly better stability. It's the devs' job to make my phone compatible
2017-3-20
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Samoth Posted at 2017-3-20 04:10
Recommended devices crash as well according to other members of this forum.

And I won't buy a new device to maybe have a slightly better stability. It's the devs' job to make my phone compatible

I had hoped that yesterday would have been my first flight series without crashes on my Note 4. 2 flights went fine, the last one in sports mode: permanently crashing. Lost my flight records for this flight on my Note 4 and had to RTH in P-mode ..............  all fun of flying Mavic gone ............................

If they would only have prolonged support for DJI GO 3. This one was running FLAWLESS from the beginning ......................................
2017-3-20
Use props
MarcStinebaugh
New
Flight distance : 220128 ft
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-3-20 04:38
I had hoped that yesterday would have been my first flight series without crashes on my Note 4. 2 flights went fine, the last one in sports mode: permanently crashing. Lost my flight records for this flight on my Note 4 and had to RTH in P-mode ..............  all fun of flying Mavic gone ............................

If they would only have prolonged support for DJI GO 3. This one was running FLAWLESS from the beginning ......................................

You can search around and actually download the previous app versions, which works better. My problem is, I updated my phone to Android 7.0, and the DJI Go (3) app was stable with Android 6.0, but 7.0 isn't acting well with ANY of the versions. I'm stuck, can't fly.
2017-4-1
Use props
fans607cc5e2
New

Australia

I think the original poster has 2 very good points.

The first is even recommended devices are experiencing frequent crashes = not good enough  

The second is a 3rd party program is able to stabily support more devices without crashing so it is possible and is showing up the DJI engineers.

Also the explanation that it is Samsung's fault when Litchi is able to work fine on the same phones shows that it is just a poor excuse.
2017-4-2
Use props
Miguel_R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1662411 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-20 03:06

The frustration with DJI stems from the fact that it is almost incomprehensible that a company like DJI is getting out performed by a third party app developer.

I know that developing for Android is probably more difficult as there are so many different devices but DJI needs to do better because as we have all seen here in the forum IOS users are also experiencing problems. This why people are going back to the old DJI app, or litchi because it is just more reliable.

I have one of the phones in the so called “approved List” but i can’t use it with DJO go 4 because it would constantly crash. The only device where the DJI go4 has worked well for me is with the Nvidia Shield tablet. But i’m afraid to update the tablet to the latest version of android because i’ve read so many horror stories here in forum about people who upgraded and now they can use the tablet with the GO 4app.

2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Miguel_R Posted at 2017-4-2 05:00
The frustration with DJI stems from the fact that it is almost incomprehensible that a company like DJI is getting out performed by a third party app developer.

I know that developing for Android is probably more difficult as there are so many different devices but DJI needs to do better because as we have all seen here in the forum IOS users are also experiencing problems. This why people are going back to the old DJI app, or litchi because it is just more reliable.

Miguel,

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SHIELD
If you upgrade it and your capable to downgrade it if it does not work out you'll be fine
I've heard of people after upgrading to android 7 Nougat and it does not work with Go4
They don't know how to downgrade back to 6.0.1 and can no longer use there Shield
till a fix is made  
2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

As for the Go4 app crashing and causing the Mavic to crash is nonsense
If the app crashes you still have full control with your RC
If you are following the rules--Guide Lines--you can no crash your Mavic
The problem with the app crashing and causing the Mavic to crash is due to the Pilot
becoming Confused , Inexperienced and unable to keep in control !!!!
This is a marvel of technology that surpasses the Amateur's Mind and Amateur Drone pilot
The Mavic in my opinion should not be the first drone to be learning the Basic's
True the Go4 app needs work , but to blame the it for Crashing your Mavic after the app crashed
is BS !!!!
2017-4-2
Use props
Miguel_R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1662411 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-2 05:21
Miguel,

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SHIELD

SkunkWerxs
I have no intention to update the My Nvidia shield yet as is the only device I have that the DJI go4 works well on. Plus, downgrading from nougat to marshmallow it's a pain. I rather wait till DJI fixes the issue.
2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Miguel_R Posted at 2017-4-2 06:45
SkunkWerxs
I have no intention to update the My Nvidia shield yet as is the only device I have that the DJI go4 works well on. Plus, downgrading from nougat to marshmallow it's a pain. I rather wait till DJI fixes the issue.

Smart Move

2017-4-2
Use props
Fadelight
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-2 05:35

Either this information is partially false, or there is also a buggy firmware that accompanies it.

I actually came here searching for information after about an hour of frustration today, and this is the first thread I found.

I just got my Mavic Pro. I had it up in the air for a little while a couple of days ago when I first got it, and the video feed kept cutting out on me.  (at a distance of about 30'.)

Today I packed my Mavic Pro and my P3P up to go to my Uncles house for pictures. At first, the Mavic performed beautifully.... I made a full lap around his property (160 Acres) without even a slight hiccup. I brought it back to the house, and as it was hovering over the driveway, I lost connection. I still had full control of the Mavic - including GPS - so it was ok. (This had happened to me on the first flight as well. )

I landed it, powered everything down, rebooted the phone (doesnt always help, but sometimes.) Put it back up in the air.  Hovering 10' off the ground and about the same distance away from me, I lost connection again. This time, I also lost the ability to control it with the remote. It auto-landed after hovering in place for about 30 seconds.  I tried one last time before packing it in, and had the same results. App lost connection, and I lost control.

Oddly, the display information on the remote itself, even when I had no control of the Mavic, was still updating and accurate. Distances, altitude, GPS information, everything.

The fact that the information on the remote was still being properly displayed, but I had no control over the Mavic after the app lost connection is what leads me to say your information might be inaccurate.

Though I totally agree... if things like this crash your bird, you have only yourself to blame.   My problems arose when the drone was still within arms reach of me.

One last note - the DJI app reported "strong signal interference", even though there isn't an active signal anywhere within 2 miles of my uncles house.  I went through this same issue with the P3P after the last firmware update, and eventually it corrected itself.  

I've yet to try litchi with the Mavic. That'll be my next step.
2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Fadelight Posted at 2017-4-2 14:30
Either this information is partially false, or there is also a buggy firmware that accompanies it.

I actually came here searching for information after about an hour of frustration today, and this is the first thread I found.

Fade ,
If the app crashed and you had lost remote control signal , I would send it back to get looked at
B4 you do that you can try to post your flight data for that day here and a Moderator or form member can tell you what you should do ---- What I was trying to point out is that the app crashing does not cause the remote to loose signal to the Mavic --- they work in conjunction and if the app did cause signal loss I think DJI would be out of business
Go4 App crashing has a lot to do with what phone or Tablet you use   

2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Fadelight Posted at 2017-4-2 14:30

One last note - the DJI app reported "strong signal interference", even though there isn't an active signal anywhere within 2 miles of my uncles house.  I went through this same issue with the P3P after the last firmware update, and eventually it corrected itself.  

Fade ,
"strong signal interference" can make your Mavic do loops
Once you see this warning -- get out of the air and land it quick
It could be caused by a CB radio , Hamm radio operator or a very strong WiFi signal booster someplace
nearby
2017-4-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do what I did, buy autopilot and buy litchi, you spend a grand on a drone then expect it to work properly with a free app? Free apps are either poorly written and or full of ads.
2017-4-2
Use props
Samoth
lvl.4
Belgium

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-2 05:35

Waw, so much hate, so much ignorance...

First of all, I didn't say I crashed my Mavic because the app crashed. I said it could happen.
Then, "you cannot crash your Mavic if you follow the guidelines" is completely false. I had a crash (not related to the app) after losing all connection with the Mavic (300m from me, no obstacle, perfect video and control connection before loosing them). Instead of activating RTH, it simply crashed in a field, I found it on its back.
I sent the logs to DJI, they said they will look into it. It was almost a month ago, I'm still waiting their analysis to understand what happened.

But anyway, I came here to say that I experienced a crash (the app) again and looked at people's review of the app on the Play Store: 1202 persons gave the lowest note when 1093 gave the highest.
Reading the comments, bad notes are due to the app's instability.
When will DJI do something? If you can't make it work, ask the devs behind Litchi how they did it
2017-4-3
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Samoth Posted at 2017-4-3 04:38
Waw, so much hate, so much ignorance...

First of all, I didn't say I crashed my Mavic because the app crashed. I said it could happen.

Samoth,

No hate or ignorance here at this end pal
I fully understood what you posted , You said that if the app crashes it "Could" cause the AC to crash.
This is NONSENCE , I'll standing my grounds against your ignorant assumption that it can
Now in your last post you said it happened to you and if you follow the Rules and Guidelines you will still crash. Look at what you posted real good .
1-You said you crashed after losing "ALL" RC connection to the AC, not related to the app crashing.
Is this where you are saying I have so much Hate and Ignorance or is it going to be because of my next
comment on what you posted?
2-You claim you Crashed your Mavic after it was 300m from you but yet you don't give the height?
you do realize that 300m is approx. 900ft , more then 3 American football fields and you found it upside down ( must have been pretty high that it bounced upside down in a field ) were you using binoculars ?
I asking you very politely to Post your Flight Data to prove what you say actually happened before you call someone hater which I'm trying hard not to be with you , as far as ignorance go's read to Owners Manual
Have a nice day        
2017-4-3
Use props
Samoth
lvl.4
Belgium

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-3 06:14
Samoth,

No hate or ignorance here at this end pal

If you rely on the video feed (let's say you are flying in the woods), yes, a crash of the app (and thus, loss of video feed) could lead to a crash of the Mavic.
That's not my case, I fly in open areas but it could happen to other people.

1: yes. You said it's impossible to crash if you follow the manual. My case proves it wrong: it crashed although I carefully read the manual and did everything that was recommended

2: height was 22m. It's not that high. I wasn't using binoculars
Not sure how you want me to post my flight log but since I saw other people sharing them like this, here you are: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=UucOKr
2017-4-3
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Samoth Posted at 2017-4-3 12:52
If you rely on the video feed (let's say you are flying in the woods), yes, a crash of the app (and thus, loss of video feed) could lead to a crash of the Mavic.
That's not my case, I fly in open areas but it could happen to other people.

Samoth ,
Are you dense ,  I've heard this saying and it fits you  
"Your tongue is like a shovel the more you talk the deeper the hole your digging for yourself
    The flying in the woods story and the app crashing causing to crash the Mavic
   Your not supposed to rely on the video feed to fly it is there to take pictures and videos  - you must     
    maintain LOS to keep control this story falls under not following the RULES and GUIDELINES
    and cause of crash would be "ilot Error"
1a- You need to read the Manual again I don't think it sunk in yet --- I never used the word impossible
     Your putting words in my mouth but I am going to use it now with my opinion why YOU CRASHED
1b-You say your case proves I'm wrong ? This is how wrong you are !
     I guess the Owners manual doesn't state anything about NFZ ( No Fly Zone)
     I guess the Rules and Guidelines don't state anything either?
2a- You were flying out of LOS you were depending on the Video feed --- over 900ft away you would
      not be able to tell what direction your Mavic is pointing no mater how hi it was in the sky its just   
      another  Rule and Guideline you did not follow
2b- Your flight Data states you received multiple hi wind warnings !!  
      You switched to Sports Mode !!!
      Then you had the RC Weak signal and disruption warning !
Yeah you did everything Right , OK - Now I saved the Best for Last!!!! My Opinion about your CRASH
It would have been impossible for YOU to Crash if you weren't flying in a NFZ
It would have been impossible for YOU to Crash if you Read and Understood the Owners Manual
It would have been impossible for YOU to Crash if you Followed the Rules and Guidelines of RC flight
It would have been impossible for YOU to Crash if you didn't rely on the Video Feed
And Finally
It would have been impossible for YOU to Crash if you Did Not switch to Sports Mode by doing so
you just used more power that could have been used keep your Tx and Rx signal strong thou this
theory can be debatable  
                                                OUTCOME = PILOT ERROR

WTF are you posting about GO4 app Crashing and causing the Mavic to Crash when it didn't even
HAPPEN TO YOU !!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your CRASH --- Have a Nice Day  

2017-4-3
Use props
nhoover
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3458045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree it's unacceptable. On my Nexus 5x on Android 7.1.1, Go 4 crashes often and hard whereas Litchi works solidly. But Litchi doesn't include all the features I like to use (Tripod mode for one). So I use a Samsung S5 with Go 4 and it is stable and works fine. Come on DJI, get with it. We all know software is hard but you can't quit now - you have to get it right. It's been this way for months.
2017-4-3
Use props
Samoth
lvl.4
Belgium

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-3 14:40
Samoth ,
Are you dense ,  I've heard this saying and it fits you  
"Your tongue is like a shovel the more you talk the deeper the hole your digging for yourself

Yeah, sure, I bought a drone with 7km of range (4 in Europe) to keep it at 50m of me.
Why bothering with the remote then? One can just fly with the wifi. Oh, I forgot, the app crashes...
Do we even know what happen if you fly with the wifi and the app crashes?

Anyway, LOS or not, it doesn't matter: I was in an open area, there wasn't any tree, the highest structure there is a 1m fence (I know, I've been there before and I went to get my Mavic back)
How could I keep control of the Mavic if I lost the RC signal?

Let me quote you: "If you are following the rules--Guide Lines--you can no crash your Mavic"
The word "impossible" isn't there but it's still a categoric affirmation: you clearly said you can't crash the Mavic

I wasn't in a NFZ, there was a warning because I'm in a zone between 2 NFZ. I know, I checked this before.

I know what direction I was going: toward me. The video feed worked like a charm before I loss RC signal and video feed for some reason.

I never fly when the wind is stronger than what DJI advises. Unless there was a mini tornado (I doubt it in Belgium), it must have been a sensor error.

I switched to sport mode. So what? Does the manual say it is forbidden? I don't think so

Don't you think it is weird I got a weak signal warning (just before losing it) in an opened area, 300m from me, with a perfect signal few second before?

Outcome: do you work for insurances? Your argumentation doesn't make any sense and yet, you use it to try to prove that I'm faulty. Do you really believe that me being at 300m of distance is the reason that I loss the signal and RTH didn't trigger? Damn, are you telling us DJI uses false advertising?

You should stop making yourself a fool, that's the only thing you managed to do here, pal
2017-4-3
Use props
Wreckhunter
New
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-20 03:06

Where i can find list of recommended devices? App will crash with my samsung s7 and samsung tablet 10.1, thay are not in that list??
2017-4-5
Use props
Samoth
lvl.4
Belgium

Wreckhunter Posted at 2017-4-5 10:30
Where i can find list of recommended devices? App will crash with my samsung s7 and samsung tablet 10.1, thay are not in that list??

I saw the list on DJI's website.
But people with devices listed as compatible also experience crashes if I remember well
2017-4-5
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

I already posted this some weeks ago, but with my pingpong cheapo android phone i never have any problem with th DJI Go 4 app?
However before flying i close all apps in the background and put it in flightmode.
Do you all do the same?
2017-4-5
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded to Firmware:  01.03.055 from 01.03.05 and the latest DJI GO4 app V 4.0.5 and I have now had one or more disconnects from the DJI GO4 App on every flight.  Prior to that over 50 flights that  I have normally flown in my suburban neighbor hood  and only had one where I lost connection to the app.  I went to Arizona and flew there with no issues except when I was to close to transformers along a rural road with a single power line.  I installed the 01.03.05 on April 3, 2017 and later the 01.03.055  April 5, 2017.  DJI GO4 app was installed on April 3rd. and it is now totally unreliable.  I have noticed transmission issues just prior to disconnect from app.  Control of drone was never an issue, but then I again, I have not tried any of the special flight modes.

Samsung S7 (listed as supported for the DJI GO4 app (Mavic/support/downloads), Android version 7.0,   Totally good until android v 7.0; new firmware; new version of DJI GO4 app.  Now I go about 10-15 min and app disconnects.  Only good news is you can select it again quickly.  Tried to upload data to dji - stupid form didn't like my cell phone number and doesn't give a clue as to what format or the problem.
UPDATE
I just flew 4/9/2017 and the DJI GO4  app crashed around 10 minutes or so. No other selectable app running.  Restarted it by tapping the left button that brings up any unclosed app and tapped the DJI GO$ app (it appeared blank).  DJI GO 4 quickly available, but then a few minutes later app crashed again.  This time I had to close out the app with the left button and then restart it from the normal screens.

Next flight went OK.  I will try again later today after the rain clears out.  I will try some of the suggestions.

UPDATE:  new firmware 01.03.06 seems to be good.  Flew two 20 min. flights, Out to 1000' in several different directiions shooting 4K.  Both Mavic SD card and Phone have good video.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wreckhunter Posted at 2017-4-5 10:30

Here is the recommended list and you can check it from our website. http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

iOS Version v4.0.6.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.5.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, MI PAD, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
2017-4-6
Use props
Fadelight
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-2 14:49

I'm a licensed amateur radio operator, and I have test equipment. The airwaves were 100% clear.  This is absolutely 100% a problem with the app.  

I can't remember now where I read it, but advice I found elsewhere said to download the app on DJIs website rather than the app from Play store. I did that... worked beautifully. I haven't had an app crash, "signal interference" or any other nonsense since.  

Also - Litchi works perfectly(ish) as well.  It flies perfect, but for the time being, the developers have disabled a lot of the autonomous features. I cant remember exactly what was said... I think something to do with a bug in the firmware DJI had released. (Not withstanding their update a couple of days ago... so the issue may be fixed by now.)
2017-4-9
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Samoth Posted at 2017-4-3 23:56
Yeah, sure, I bought a drone with 7km of range (4 in Europe) to keep it at 50m of me.
Why bothering with the remote then? One can just fly with the wifi. Oh, I forgot, the app crashes...
Do we even know what happen if you fly with the wifi and the app crashes?

This is why we can't have nice things .
Everything has a built in reserve , some better designed than others . I'm glad Dji has such good range in a small package to penetrate through trees and interference better than any other drone I have had .

Let's hope you don't drive a car to it's max capability all the time . At some point it is going to crash.
Or keep your stereo on max. At some point you will blow a speaker , amp or eardrum .
Or microwave all your food at the max setting . You will overcook most of it .

Or reproduce to your biological max capability .

The point is , it was not the intention of Dji for people to fly beyond VLOS just because they advertised the maximum range of the signal .
2017-4-9
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Is there anything in the last couple years in that list that is compatible for Android?  I don't see a single one besides S7
2017-4-9
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-4-5 13:51
I upgraded to Firmware:  01.03.055 from 01.03.05 and the latest DJI GO4 app V 4.0.5 and I have now had one or more disconnects from the DJI GO4 App on every flight.  Prior to that over 50 flights that  I have normally flown in my suburban neighbor hood  and only had one where I lost connection to the app.  I went to Arizona and flew there with no issues except when I was to close to transformers along a rural road with a single power line.  I installed the 01.03.05 on April 3, 2017 and later the 01.03.055  April 5, 2017.  DJI GO4 app was installed on April 3rd. and it is now totally unreliable.  I have noticed transmission issues just prior to disconnect from app.  Control of drone was never an issue, but then I again, I have not tried any of the special flight modes.

Samsung S7 (listed as supported for the DJI GO4 app (Mavic/support/downloads), Android version 7.0,   Totally good until android v 7.0; new firmware; new version of DJI GO4 app.  Now I go about 10-15 min and app disconnects.  Only good news is you can select it again quickly.  Tried to upload data to dji - stupid form didn't like my cell phone number and doesn't give a clue as to what format or the problem.

You are reporting my same exact problem.  Somewhere between 10 to 15 min of flight time, the app will crash every single time.  It is like it is on a schedule.
2017-4-9
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-9 15:23
You are reporting my same exact problem.  Somewhere between 10 to 15 min of flight time, the app will crash every single time.  It is like it is on a schedule.

Yes! This^^ I can't go 10 minutes without the app crashing. When there is a bad RC connection, I feel the time to crash is even quicker.

I've seen responses from support saying "It's not the DJI app, it's the hardware or software of the company that makes your phone." That may be true, but it would be good on DJI to drive these bugs to resolution as fast as they can - before some other drone company starts making better quality drones all around.
2017-4-9
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-4-9 15:44
Yes! This^^ I can't go 10 minutes without the app crashing. When there is a bad RC connection, I feel the time to crash is even quicker.

I've seen responses from support saying "It's not the DJI app, it's the hardware or software of the company that makes your phone." That may be true, but it would be good on DJI to drive these bugs to resolution as fast as they can - before some other drone company starts making better quality drones all around.

I just noticed it will happen whether it is flying or not.  I was about 10 min into a flight, landed it in my hand, then walked with the drone for a sec and the app crashed right on schedule.  I should time it for the exact time it takes.
2017-4-9
Use props
Bob Dole
lvl.1
United States

All,

I'm new here, so forgive me if others have covered this.  I had a lot of issues with the app crashing previously.  The problem for me was RAM. I had to clear every last little bit of RAM and put the phone into airplane mode.  Now my app no longer crashes.

However, I have upgraded firmware on my Mavic and upgraded my phone to 7.0, now like others here, I do not get a reliable radio connection to the Mavic.  I can stand 5 feet away in a rural area where there are only a few Wi-Fi sets in use and my radio quality is poor. It looks good when I take off, then I loose connection.  Not sure what is wrong, but I can't fly it safely anymore.  

Bob
2017-4-9
Use props
Bob Dole
lvl.1
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-9 16:34
I just noticed it will happen whether it is flying or not.  I was about 10 min into a flight, landed it in my hand, then walked with the drone for a sec and the app crashed right on schedule.  I should time it for the exact time it takes.

It sounds like a memory issue to me.  For me, my app crashed all the time on startup, then I cleaned my RAM, disabled running apps and go it to start.  If it crashes at the same point every time, are you using the video cache?  I see no way to set this to use my SD card vs the phone, but you could be running out of RAM or Phone space, take a look.
2017-4-9
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Bob Dole Posted at 2017-4-9 16:47
It sounds like a memory issue to me.  For me, my app crashed all the time on startup, then I cleaned my RAM, disabled running apps and go it to start.  If it crashes at the same point every time, are you using the video cache?  I see no way to set this to use my SD card vs the phone, but you could be running out of RAM or Phone space, take a look.

I have video cache set to use 3GB, but I was not filming when it crashed so it should not have been using RAM.

Phone has 3GB of RAM.  Most apps disabled or not in use (Cleared running apps).  I run a very minimal phone.  
2017-4-9
Use props
Supashot
Flight distance : 108173 ft
Hong Kong

Samoth Posted at 2017-3-19 02:26

I use the same phone, great phone btw! The DJI go app crash at least once of twice per flight! It's really unacceptable with the price of this toy!
I had to buy a iPad mini, more stable and larger view.
2017-4-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules