Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xbenderCH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20262 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi All,

Even though it was a rainy day, I decided to risk a short fly to film the triple heading steam passing the Solis Viaduct in Graubünden, Switzerland.

The used steam locomotives were 2x RhB G 4/5 & RhB G 3/4.

Hopefully, the weather is better next time so that I can take more videos of these beautiful trains.

Best,
xbenderCH
2017-3-18
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing! How wet did your Mavic get? I saw a few drops in coming down in the vid.
2017-3-18
Use props
Haneyca
lvl.4
United States

It turned out well. How did the Mavic do in the drizzle?
2017-3-18
Use props
xbenderCH
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

It handled it pretty well, but I kept it covered all the time and just uncovered it for the very short flight to capture the train. There were some small drops on the drone after the flight, but nothing critical as it was too less to really get the mavic wet.
2017-3-18
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Nice train!
2017-3-18
Use props
rbruz
lvl.1

United States

Looks Kool !!!
2017-3-18
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

Cheating my eyes me or ................ It just seemed to be the leading little engine that has the pressure up and pulls it all.

Really nice shot otherwise.

Regards Leif.
2017-3-18
Use props
xbenderCH
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi

Yes, it looks like the little one in the front took most of the work, but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be able to pull the full train alone. My assumption was that the two G 4/5 did most of the work and the G 3/4 was just for show. Based on the announcement, it should have been a two heading train with 1x RhB G 4/5 and 1x G RhB 3/4.
2017-3-18
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes it looks just a little weird. Today I have seen the clip again on a larger screen than my laptop, and I can actually see coming a small amount of steam from the locomotive No. two just before the cab. Ok, it's also down the hill where you made the lovely clip so maybe the two "big" just had a break.

Regards Leif.
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules