Looking for help with flying phantom
672 6 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomk1
New

United States

I live in southwestern Michigan and am looking for some flight instruction. Any recommendations?  Thanks. Tom
2017-3-18
Use props
Propwash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Familiarise yourself with the RC controls and MANUAL, Start of in beginner mode in a wide open area free of buildings,trees and obstacles.Keep it slow and methodical and away you go.
2017-3-18
Use props
GlennGoat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>
United States

As someone in your position only a few weeks ago - I agree with propwash - take it easy.  Use the tutorials, use the simulator, use the manual.  Start off slow - (I found it almost impossible to screw up if you just take it easy and plan, plan, plan.   Plan for a good area, plan your RTH( return to home) altitude, plan for possible problems.  I would also stay away from water.  Losing control and even crashing is one thing - having it crash into water would be a totally different mess.   There are so many videos to learn from out there - don't just watch the videos of people doing the right thing - but watch the videos with mistakes and learn from them.
2017-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Try to learn flying you AC with the back always facing you so when you fly forward you fly straight out when you want to go right push right stick right left push left stick left, if you want to fly back just right stick down. This will help you hand eye coordination, and when you've cracked that try it opposite direction.

Remember your AC flys at the same speed forward reverse and left right.

Good luck..
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can see if there are any New Pilot Experience events in your area:

http://events.dji.com/npe
2017-3-18
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Stay away from trees. For some reason a lot of new flyers seem to fly into them.
2017-3-18
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-18 19:05
Stay away from trees. For some reason a lot of new flyers seem to fly into them.

Good thing I started out with one of them sky viper drones boy that thing was a tree magnet lol. Surprising though it survived and still works.
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules