Cars at the bottom of Bald Rock Cleveland SC
2170 9 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

At the 3:39 mark you can see where old cars have been rolled off the rock and landed at the foot of the mountain. Please provide criticism, because that's what drives me to better my skills.

2017-3-18
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I'm a nobody but I really liked it. I was a little confused about the out of focus section at 1:29 until you came back down on the face and it was in perfect focus.
2017-3-18
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Burmman. This is my third attempt at producing a video with the Mavic. I am really a nobody as well and hoping that with enough practice and determination I can one day produce some of the outstanding videos I have seen from the Mavic on other forum posts.
2017-3-18
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

Subject matter kind of turned me off and when i see a video as such i should probably just keep my mouth shut. SC does have an abundance of beauty tho.
2017-3-18
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

RightStuffed Posted at 2017-3-18 18:03
Subject matter kind of turned me off and when i see a video as such i should probably just keep my mouth shut. SC does have an abundance of beauty tho.

Mabey I could film you riding your ATV off the mountain?
2017-3-18
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

Not into dumping garbage outdoors. Just not my thing, sorry.
2017-3-20
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

RightStuffed Posted at 2017-3-20 05:31

Understood. There was actually about ten to fifteen cars at the bottom at one time and they cleaned it up a couple of years ago.
2017-3-20
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

RightStuffed Posted at 2017-3-20 05:31

Understood. There was actually about ten to fifteen cars at the bottom at one time and they cleaned it up a couple of years ago.
2017-3-20
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

My first thought:  "They should call it 'Ugly Rock'."

I've done a few videos and am VERY MUCH still in the learning mode so take this with a grain of salt:  

- Avoid repetition (even reverse).  Choose which direction or attempt to use and don't repeat it.  

- Avoid repetition in direction.  Mix-up your shots so that they aren't all "left-to-right", etc.  You had some variety, but I saw several that looked like very similar shots.  

- Avoid pauses.  If you paused to get setup for a shot, be sure to trim that from the beginning of your clip in the final edit.  I fly-to and pause to setup all the time, but I try to make my videos either move constantly, or move almost immediately after switching views.  

- Keep is short (simple).  I was told one time to decide how long you think the video should be and then cut that in half.  There are obvious exceptions to that rule, but short is best for keeping attention to the end of the video... which tends to be where we put our nicest "closing" shot.

Again, just my humble 2-cents worth.

Nice video overall!
2017-3-20
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-3-20 06:05
My first thought:  "They should call it 'Ugly Rock'."

I've done a few videos and am VERY MUCH still in the learning mode so take this with a grain of salt:  

I will try on my next attempt to do all of these suggestions. I feel sometimes people hold back on critiques, but thats not what I’m after. Thanks Gary Mac.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules