Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How durable is the Mavic Pro?
6223 5 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
altermaan
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello everyone!
I bought a Mavic Pro a little over a week ago and am still in the process of getting to know it better. Unfortunately, when I wanted to take the Mavic out on another test flight today for some reason I tried to unfold the rear arms the same way as the front arms, which of course didn't work. I realized my mistake only after unsuccessfully applying some force (not excessive, of course, but noticeably more than what's usually necessary for the unfolding process) on one of the arms towards the left instead of towards the bottom of the drone to make it unfold and now I have the feeling that this arm has a little more horizontal play than the one on the other side. There is no visual damage, I didn't hear anything cracking or so and all arms still fold, unfold and stay in place the way they're supposed to (including in flight). Still, as I said, when directly comparing the two rear arms the one I treated wrong seems to have a bit more axial play (about 1mm at the rotor end maybe). Naturally, I didn't pay attention to any differences in play before the incident today, so I can't tell whether it was like this out of the box or only after my unfortunate unfolding attempt. What do you think, should I worry about having damaged my brand new Mavic Pro already or was it designed to withstand such handling errors?
2017-3-18
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

Stress tests:

2017-3-18
Use props
Waskeee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 808396 ft
Austria

I'll take that as a "no, your Mavic is most likely fine despite abusing it a little" then?
2017-3-20
Use props
fansc1a64d50
New
United States

Waskeee Posted at 2017-3-20 14:01
I'll take that as a "no, your Mavic is most likely fine despite abusing it a little" then?

I recently received my Mavic 2 Pro, and I was excited to fly my new drone. I unboxed the Mavic, and unfolded the top wings without issue. I then proceeded to attempt to unfold the other set in the same direction, until I had realized my mistake. I thought that the bottom set unfolded in the same direction as the top set. I didn’t end up breaking anything, and there is no damage, however I have found that there is some horizontal play within the bottom set of wings. There is about 1-3 mm of movement at the propeller end of the wings. Would anybody be able to check their own mavic to see if this play occurs in their units as well, as I am wondering if my mistake caused this, or if this is normal. If anybody could help it would be great. Thanks.
2019-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drone is very durable but not the gimbal
2019-7-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Pro is very durable and  wouldn't worry too much about its ability to withstand the elements. If you handle the drone properly it will treat you well and you won't be disappointed.
2019-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules