Just bought my Mavic from Scan UK!
912 5 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borse2008
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Good morning all so as you can imagine very excited and bought my new mavic with the combo pack.

Firstly what and where do i officially need to register this with and who.

Going to use the one plus 3t ok the training flights then probably get a 6plus.

I want to do it right. If you get haven't flown a drone before or a dji one. But how hard can it be.

What are your pretty flight checklist that you always do.

I'm aware of check firmware and app updates before flying. What your checklist?
2017-3-18
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Your aircraft is registered when you first connect to it via the DJI Go app. First you will be prompted to create an account, just follow the prompts.

There are a number of written and video checklists here and around the forum, and it's a very good idea to review a few of them and pick the one that makes sense to you - and can be remembered easily.

If you haven't flown before leave the aircraft in Beginner mode and practice in a wide, flat area - AFTER making sure that the GPS is locked in and stable. If the app prompts for compass calibration, do that; it's critical.

My advice: DO NOT test the Mavic indoors, even if it sounds like a good idea
2017-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Checklist.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-3-19
Use props
Cook1e
New
Flight distance : 55404 ft
United Kingdom

Me too! It arrived Friday and I charged the batteries, read the instructions a few times, watched the "How to Fly" video on the DJI website, installed DJI Go 4 (a few times before I got it to work) and talked myself out of trying it indoors...

Yesterday, I got 3 beginner-mode flights in before the weather turned nasty - I was put off by the gusty winds. Very easy, though I have never flown anything before. Now waiting for the rain and wind to stop so I can fly some more!

I'm using the checklist here, but there are loads available, even some Apps.
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/p ... /page-2#post-133323
2017-3-19
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

As per the two posts above, read the manual, watch the tutorial videos and start in beginner mode. You'll soon get the hang of it, but don't run before you can walk.
2017-3-19
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

I only got my Mavic last Friday, and only flew it yesterday for about 20 minutes flight time. I fly a circle, tried all the directions and turns, didn't go to high, tried landing a few times, and eventually tried the return to home. The last one was most scary as I hadn't flown higher than 10 meters, and RTH made it go to 30 meters. About 10 minute in beginner mode, which then got boring so I switched that off.
As suggested by others: even when you feel tempted, do not fly indoors. There will not be proper GPS, and other help for a safe flight. I started in a large open field, with water and buildings being far enough away.
The thing I did before I got it was watching a lot of videos (it was my enthusiasm), and reading the forums here.

As for a few pre-flight checks you could do, is what they say on the DJI website. There will be a pre-flight checklist to watch, as well as some videos on how to fly. What I did as well, after reading a post on the forums where it went wrong with someone: check if all the props are securely locked in place before starting the craft. Also make sure every battery (Mavic, controller, phone) is charged and that everything is up to date with the software and firmware (app, controller, Mavic).

Last: do not be afraid. Even if you have never used a drone before this thing is really easy and intuitive to fly. Just make sure you start out in beginner mode, and that the compass is calibrated (the rear light will flash yellow if it isn't, and green if it is), and that you have a good GPS signal. You cannot take off in beginner mode without a GPS signal, and the top bar in the app should go from red to yellow to green, depending on how safe it is to fly.
Just have fun, and thrust yourself and the aircraft. Even if you take off in a grassy field, don't worry. I got some grass stuck in a propellor when starting the engines, so one rotor didn't spin. The Mavic noticed this and automatically switched off the engines until I had resolved the problem.
When switching off beginner mode, do not worry either. The craft will be faster, it can go higher and further, but as long as compass and GPS are fine it's just as easy.
The only other drone I had ever flown was a small 5cm toy that is terrible to control, and has no aids whatsoever. It isn't stabilized, has no sensors, no GPS. Just 4 engines directly controlled by me. That thing was impossible to fly properly. That made drone flying a bit more scarry, but after flying with the Mavic I can tell you it's fun and easy with decent equipment from DJI.

2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules