INSPIRE 1 V 2.0 Manual Figure 8's and circling POI's
1547 6 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DEREK O REILLY
New

Ireland

Hi Guys

I am currently using the sim to fly my Inspire 1 V 2.0 on the DJI Go App as I am still a bit nervous about taking it for a spin, I am able to manually circle around a POI and do figure 8's like a dream on other drones, but the Inspire 1 V2.0 is completely different, according to the physics on the sim. I just can't find that comfortable sweet spot between yaw and pitch , it can be done but the circles have to be quite large as the drone doesn't want to slow down but smaller circles are very hard to achieve given the drones quick response. when manually flying in figure 8's the craft seems to be stubborn one minute and oversensitive the next causing the craft to drop out of formation at times, I assume this is due to the shape of the Inspire, I just don't like all these gimicks on the Go App just to do the jobs I want to do myself, I haven't seen one comment about this online and for the life of me I don't know why, surely I am not the only person who has noticed this. Before I start messing around with the gains and the expo does anyone have a nice set up for their gains and expo that they would like to share with me as I am hoping to to start an aerial photography business in the near future and I would like a nice set up for this particularapplication,Has any one else noticed this when flying their Inspire 1 V2.0? I would be grateful for any help in this regard. and Thank you in advance.

2017-3-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

It is just a different feel on the sim then in "real life "  when I jumped from the smaller lighter  Quads it took time to get used to the dynamics of the Inspire , It is much heavier but I assure you in no time you will have the hang of it .  Just go slow and keep it close to you and understand what  each feature does and why .  Just remember , You are the pilot , if the Aircraft  is not doing something you like , correct it . You fly the aircraft not the other way around . Also as soon as you can  ( give it time ) get some altitude and go to Atti mode , learn how the AC reacts without GPS, the day will come when you loose GPS and you will be able to bring it back to you IF you have the muscle memory  from this exercise . If you get confused turn off the Atti quickly and GPS assist will come back on line.

Any way regarding gains , they are default at 100%   , Leave them alone  ( Gains = how the AC reacts to external forces like wind, pressure etc without input from the pilot )

Sensitivity , I would leave alone for now as well at the defaults.  ( How aggresivly the AC  reacts from the stick movements  giving counter force  to react,  )

Now gains, the way this works is anything over  value 50 make the sticks very touchy ( sensitive ) near the neutral point  or from  small stick movements, anything  less than value  50  will make the sticks less sensitive ( mushy at or near neutral ) the  default to I belive 40, this is a bit to high for my likeing .  I would bring it back to Throttle  35 . Rudder 25  Back /left .30  be sure top press enter after you make these setting changes or they wont stick.   ( salt of  course to your own taste )
Couple other tidbits for the newbie .

Be sure to set you RTH slightly above the highest point in you flight area as well,  You dont want to set it to max as that is a waste of battery  that may be crucial if needed.  Be sure to set the siganl lost to "return to home". as well

So I gave you some ideas beyond what you asked but I do that , stay on the simulator as long as you can , fly in a wide open areas to start, MAKE SURE YOU HEAR THE HOME POINT RECORDED  On every  flight  and DO NOT FLY ON PACKS THAT HAVE ANYTHING LESS THAN 99%. I have seen theis claim  more AC that I can count .  Did I mention to fly on only freshly charged full packs by any chance ?????

Last thing , always update the Aircraft first, then the RC transmitter ,  and never have them on at the same time when updating .  Tips for loading NEW firmware to SD card and transmitter

Once you learn to fly and update properly , you can get into the nuances of the camera settings......riught now you have enough on your plate learning to fly etc. ....but you are young Derek , you will be off and running in no time ........... .........But dont get co#@#  kid ( Han solo says to Luke skywalker reference  ) ( cant spell bad words here either )
Have fun

donnie

2017-3-19
Use props
DEREK O REILLY
New

Ireland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-19 05:36
It is just a different feel on the sim then in "real life "  when I jumped from the smaller lighter  Quads it took time to get used to the dynamics of the Inspire , It is much heavier but I assure you in no time you will have the hang of it .  Just go slow and keep it close to you and understand what  each feature does and why .  Just remember , You are the pilot , if the Aircraft  is not doing something you like , correct it . You fly the aircraft not the other way around . Also as soon as you can  ( give it time ) get some altitude and go to Atti mode , learn how the AC reacts without GPS, the day will come when you loose GPS and you will be able to bring it back to you IF you have the muscle memory  from this exercise . If you get confused turn off the Atti quickly and GPS assist will come back on line.

Any way regarding gains , they are default at 100%   , Leave them alone  ( Gains = how the AC reacts to external forces like wind, pressure etc without input from the pilot )

Absolutely brilliant advice, I will leave gains and expo alone. I am in no hurry to fly for real right now, I have Real Flight drone sim also and must have put in over 100 hours already on that, I have only about 6 hours on the Inspire sim and you are right, the inspire is a different beast altogether, so need to practice practice practice. I know it's nothing like the real thing, but it will make me feel a little bit more confident when I do decide to give it a go. Thank you once again for your help and may the force be with you.
2017-3-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DEREK O REILLY Posted at 2017-3-19 07:37
Absolutely brilliant advice, I will leave gains and expo alone. I am in no hurry to fly for real right now, I have Real Flight drone sim also and must have put in over 100 hours already on that, I have only about 6 hours on the Inspire sim and you are right, the inspire is a different beast altogether, so need to practice practice practice. I know it's nothing like the real thing, but it will make me feel a little bit more confident when I do decide to give it a go. Thank you once again for your help and may the force be with you.

Leave gains and sensitivity alone ....You can lower the  expo though.  If you ever need any help  and can't get the answer here  feel free to email me as well

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

Or if in a BIG  Pickle send me a   text

517 896 0060  East Lansing Michigan.  
I dont know it all but I will sure try to help ya.

I answer e mails every morning  or sooner if able ....still have to work a few more years

donnie
2017-3-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Figure 8"s are tough.  The Inspire's shape might make it more difficult as it has a wind-vane shape so any winds aloft could blow it around on you too in turns.

You could look into an app like Autopilot which could do it easily and without the jerkiness of manual flight.  Any manual yaw on my part always looks bad due to Jerkiness and brief video stutter where I'll over-correct on the stick so the app does it better.   Steep learning curve for that app though, but you can design flights and paths and use it's "Path Inspector" drone to fly it out and watch how and where it points to so you can alter it in the program before ever flying it.
2017-3-19
Use props
DEREK O REILLY
New

Ireland

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-3-19 08:15
Figure 8"s are tough.  The Inspire's shape might make it more difficult as it has a wind-vane shape so any winds aloft could blow it around on you too in turns.

You could look into an app like Autopilot which could do it easily and without the jerkiness of manual flight.  Any manual yaw on my part always looks bad due to Jerkiness and brief video stutter where I'll over-correct on the stick so the app does it better.   Steep learning curve for that app though, but you can design flights and paths and use it's "Path Inspector" drone to fly it out and watch how and where it points to so you can alter it in the program before ever flying it.

You hit the nail on the head, The Inspire 1 is definitely a victim of flanking side winds, it doesn't even put up a fight. It has way too much broadside and that is not ideal for a drone. This is definitely something that DJI need to work on. I built two ARF drones last year and I have to say they handled better. Also the GPS is way too locked in. Although that's just my opinion, It may grow on me.
I like to be hands on and would prefer to fly manually, but I think you can only do so much with it in its current shape.
2017-3-22
Use props
DEREK O REILLY
New

Ireland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-19 08:13
Leave gains and sensitivity alone ....You can lower the  expo though.  If you ever need any help  and can't get the answer here  feel free to email me as well

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

Thanks for that Donnie much appreciated

Kind Regards Derek
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules