991 10 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been reading so many horror stories on the different forum that I had decided to make a simple App to help new pilots avoid common mistakes. Even after more than 100 flights, I occasionaly forget one thing and with the checklist, I avoid habit mistakes.

Both Android and IOS version are released:
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... mes.Drone&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ... n/id1114334873?mt=8

It only covers the DJI Phantom and Yuneec drones at the moment, but I'm planning an update for the Mavic, to include the Mavic specific features.

If you have any specific request, let me know, and I'll try to work them in the next update.

Cheers!

2017-3-19
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

With such limited functionality, this app should have been free. How hard is it to automatically check your distance from an airport and NFZs using Airmap API?
2017-3-19
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Supervisor Posted at 2017-3-19 07:11
With such limited functionality, this app should have been free. How hard is it to automatically check your distance from an airport and NFZs using Airmap API?

Glad to hear that all the information provided are useless to you and that you know it all already. You need more pro pilots like you informing others.
2017-3-19
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-19 07:26
Glad to hear that all the information provided are useless to you and that you know it all already. You need more pro pilots like you informing others.

I didn't say the info was useless. I said that it should be free, since it's basically a reminder. It doesn't even warn you about flying restrictions based on your location.
2017-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Here's mine, it's mainly for commercial but there's plenty in it.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-3-19
Use props
Molar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26004 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-19 11:47
Here's mine, it's mainly for commercial but there's plenty in it.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84181&fromuid=260008

And it's free!!
2017-3-19
Use props
Scaido
New
Flight distance : 3366 ft
Latvia

Here is one more checklist for free. Made to print it on one (double sided) A4 sheet of paper.
2017-4-9
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

Give the guy a break! He no doubt put a fair amount of work into this. And probably just like all the rest of us, he's just trying to make a living. Personally I like the idea of just switching to another app for a good pre-flight check list, rather than carry bits of paper that flap around in the wind while you're trying to hold the RC at the same time. If $1.99 (Australian) is going to cause you grief, just move on.

More power to you, Chalde.
2017-4-9
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

If it's not Mavic supported right now I'm not paying just to check it out and see how it's layed out . Is it so that the user can select what is on the checklist and not show what isn't important to them ? Does the app automatically close when all is checked off and acknowledged ?  Can you devise a way to have it open automatically when the flight app (Litchi , Dji Go etc ) is selected and close after everything is acknowledged ?
2017-4-9
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-9 07:26
If it's not Mavic supported right now I'm not paying just to check it out and see how it's layed out . Is it so that the user can select what is on the checklist and not show what isn't important to them ? Does the app automatically close when all is checked off and acknowledged ?  Can you devise a way to have it open automatically when the flight app (Litchi , Dji Go etc ) is selected and close after everything is acknowledged ?

Not supported right now, but I'll work on an update for it.

And thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to implement what I can.
2017-4-17
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scaido Posted at 2017-4-9 01:30
Here is one more checklist for free. Made to print it on one (double sided) A4 sheet of paper.

Wow, thanks for this!
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules