Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Filming in D-log what is your experience?
1360 4 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mcdudeflut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

So i just watched this video about D-log

In short it's saying, filming in D-log is unnecessary and basically making things only complicated in post.
My first thought was,.....it makes sence.
What are your thoughts and experience?

2017-3-19
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

I think you´ll find may opinions. It depends on what people were working with in the past and what they simply like more.
I´m sure you could make a similar video showing benefits of D-Log over Cinelike.
2017-3-19
Use props
SteveDickin
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Experience will tell you what works best imo.  Nothing is worse than getting a video home and finding that you cannot colour correct a clip as the footage is blown out and cannot be retrieved.  When the Mavic came out all the YouTube tutorials were saying D-Log D-Log D-Log, you must use D-Log!  but then after a few months people started to realise that actually D-Log was broken and everyone was just copying each other saying that, so were giving out false information.  I believe D-Log is now fixed, but if its the best for you only you can decide.  Whatever YouTubers are saying is generally because other YouTubers are saying it.  I use D-Log, not really had enough time to try the rest yet though.
2017-3-19
Use props
SteveDickin
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see what you mean, the guy in the video certainly is convincing and a good talker.  I will certainly look at going back to D-Cinelike to save some post-production.
2017-3-19
Use props
Mcdudeflut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-3-19 11:15
I see what you mean, the guy in the video certainly is convincing and a good talker.  I will certainly look at going back to D-Cinelike to save some post-production.

That was exactly my thought,....smooth talker but do the experts here say
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules