Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO4 v4.0.5 and Nvidia K1 Shield Android Running Solid
3552 19 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

This Post is dedicated to Moderator DJI-KEN , you saved me from tossing my K1 + $200.00 out the window

I use both Shield K1 Android Tablet and Apple ios iphone 6S Plus devices to run GO4 app
I Never had a problem with my iphone and GO4 always solid running
My Shield K1 with Android 7Nugaut constantly Crashed with all previous GO4 apps
I asked DJI-Ken who also runs a K1 tablet what version of Android he uses , he tolled me
v6.0.1 and a friend of mine said that Android 7Nugaut was not that stable and is Buggy
So I said the hell with it --- if I turn a $200.00 tablet into a Brick, which I found out is pretty hard to do.
So I downgraded to DJI-Ken's recommended Android v6.0.1--- I flew last night for 20 mins. No app Crashing!!!
Flew today over 2 hrs. with my Shield K1 Android v6.0.1  and  GO4 v4.0.5 app Running Rock Solid
Not even a flicker all modes work all Camera setting Working without GO4 app crashing
Even with my Glyph goggles connected to my K1's HDMI out  it was SOLID running
I even came back down Landing a couple of times to double check that I was running the GO4 app
it was perfect !!!!
2017-3-19
Use props
chalde
First Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm really considering downgrading my S7 from Nougat back to Marshmallow... I also got that Tab A 10.1, which I originally bought for the P4, but it's way too big for the Mavic controller. Should have got the Tab S2, which is about the size of an Ipad4.
K1 were out of stock when I made the purchase
2017-3-19
Use props
jbuy41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33081 ft
United States

My be my problem.  Running 7.0 on Shield K1.  Having all kinds of problems.  Today it became uncontrollable. App crashes.
2017-3-19
Use props
jbuy41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33081 ft
United States

My be my problem.  Running 7.0 on Shield K1.  Having all kinds of problems.  Today it became uncontrollable. App crashes.
2017-3-19
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

jbuy41@gmail.co Posted at 2017-3-19 11:51

My K1 Shield was constantly crashing with all the versions of GO4 even B4 I upgraded to 7Nugaut
besides my friend telling me its not stable I wasn't liking it. When I upgraded to 7Nugaut the latest GO4 app came out and it just continued to Crash -----  DJI-Ken has always said he was running
GO4 on his K1 Shield so I finally asked him what version Android he was running ? ( Android 6.0.1 )
I downgraded and all is Golden Now  
2017-3-19
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-19 11:19
I'm really considering downgrading my S7 from Nougat back to Marshmallow... I also got that Tab A 10.1, which I originally bought for the P4, but it's way too big for the Mavic controller. Should have got the Tab S2, which is about the size of an Ipad4.
K1 were out of stock when I made the purchase

I just ordered a NVIDIA Shield 8" 32GB 4G LTE I had to get it from the U.K.
None to be had in the U.S.A. and it has 7 crappy nugaut  on it -- I'm gona downgrade
it also. I'll be going from 16GB to 32GB ---Bigger is Better , at least that's what she said  {:4_181:}
2017-3-19
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downgraded from 7 to 6.0.1 on my Shield K1 after all the DJI go 4 app crashing, now it 100% solid and I also started using it on my slave Mavic RC controller.

This solution works!!!!

Best regards,
Steve
2017-4-2
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

Is there an easy way to downgrade
2017-4-3
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-4-3 06:07
Is there an easy way to downgrade

Check youtube
2017-4-3
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Did that fix your Home Point reassignment problem?
2017-4-3
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-4-3 06:28
Did that fix your Home Point reassignment problem?

Yes it did
2017-4-3
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Good to know.
2017-4-3
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.4
United States

Out of curiosity: did you also downgrade the firmware to 1.5, or did you leave it at 5.0? Do you recommend closing all background processes to make the system more stable, or it's not important?
2017-4-10
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-4-10 09:12
Out of curiosity: did you also downgrade the firmware to 1.5, or did you leave it at 5.0? Do you recommend closing all background processes to make the system more stable, or it's not important?

piowoc73,
              If your talking about downgrading the Mavic's Firmware , No, I am on the Latest FW+Go4
My Nvidia shield K1 is running in developer mode with Android v6.0.1 along with Shield tablet software v4.4
After boot up I kill all running background app's with -- SUPERBATTERY app -- from the play store then set the Shield on Airplane mode -- open the Go4 app, power up remote then the Mavic -- Go Flying
I hope this helps you.
FlySafe -- FlyFree   
2017-4-10
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30190 ft
Netherlands

I look on youtube, but i can't find a good video telling my how to downgrade my Nvidia Shield K1 from Nougat to Marshmallow. Can you please give me a good youtube link? Or a step by step document?
Thanks a lot
2017-4-12
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Vayreda Posted at 2017-4-12 13:22
I look on youtube, but i can't find a good video telling my how to downgrade my Nvidia Shield K1 from Nougat to Marshmallow. Can you please give me a good youtube link? Or a step by step document?
Thanks a lot

Vayreda,

Here's instructions how to downgrade your Shield K1
On page1 go to post #12 from ET_DRONE_HOME --  just take your time don't rush
Nvida K1 Tablet  
2017-4-12
Use props
TJ Sheridan
lvl.1
United States

I followed the instructions from E.T.Drone_Home today and downgraded my K1.  It's been raining all day, so I haven't been able to test whether the DJI Go 4 app is stable, but I'm hoping it worked for me as it has for others.  The instructions were very good, but it was still a fairly involved undertaking for a non-android guy.  The one thing in the instructions that I didn't understand is that the various softwares (fastboot, command line tools, and boot recovery image) all need to be unzipped in the same directory.  I couldn't get the fastboot to work until I figured that part out, because you are doing things with all of them from a PC command prompt in a single directory.

Anyway, thanks E.T. and everybody else involved in figuring this nightmare out.  I literally shat my pants the first time the Go4 app crashed because I'm a new P4P owner, and I was a fair distance away and a hundred feet up a cliff face when the software crashed.  I didn't realize that the software isn't necessary to retain control of the drone, and that it can be restarted after a crash.  Whew, at least they didn't screw THAT part up.  No issues getting the drone home safe, but it's still not a good feeling to realize you have serious software issues.  The software crashed on 9 out of 10 subsequent flights as well, so I really hope this fixes it.  I'll test it out tomorrow and find out.
2017-4-18
Use props
K4Unl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Gonna put in my two cents here too and say that i've never had any issues with my K1, and still consider it a pretty damn good choice for the Mavic.

Maybe DJI can get the K1 added to the recommended devices list?
2017-4-18
Use props
Radioflyer
lvl.1
United States

K1 is not even available anymore. Is this really the only device that has an HDMI out that can fly the drone in FPV?
2017-7-18
Use props
fans7da25bff
lvl.1
United States

Radioflyer Posted at 2017-7-18 22:08
K1 is not even available anymore. Is this really the only device that has an HDMI out that can fly the drone in FPV?

The K1 is a high-end gaming tablet. It is the only one that I have found that I can use my avegant-glyph-goggles with an HDMI mini to an HDMI micro. The setup has very little latency compared to other setups. I sold the DJI goggles did not like the brick sitting on my head and sweat running down my face in hot Florida sun
I never had a problem with the K1 Sheild but with that said I am not running DJIGO4. I only run Litchi do to the ease of setting up waypoints.
I noticed all the Android  7.0 problems were early in 2017. I would think by now they would have this worked out.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules