Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 top speed
5095 31 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viper Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Well, after 4 flight tests, I'm almost 100% certain that the I2 Top speed has been further reduced after the latest F/W update.  No mention of this in the F/W update notes.  Wonder what is going on?

2017-3-19
Use props
FvZD3n7Yx8gJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 6300833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

the same problem max. top speed 79km/h after update today.
2017-3-19
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Same thing happened to the Inspire 1 - it's the way DJI do things.
2017-3-19
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

so annoying, definitely one of the reasons I pulled the trigger....while i didn't get great shots at that speed,  it was awesome to re-position yourself fast to grab more than one shot per round of action
2017-3-19
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

FvZD3n7Yx8gJ Posted at 2017-3-19 12:31
the same problem max. top speed 79km/h after update today.

That is approximately what I saw today as well.
2017-3-19
Use props
FvZD3n7Yx8gJ
First Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

so what can we do?
2017-3-19
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

Possibly ask DJI what they changed to make the speed decrease that much.
2017-3-19
Use props
FvZD3n7Yx8gJ
First Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

i buy the inspire 2 last wednesday so maybe i give it back to dji.... for a new one... whiteout update ;-)
2017-3-19
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

Well it appears the F/W update accomplished some good things but possibly some not so good things as well.  Guess we can just hope they are aware of every thing and are working on further improvements!
2017-3-19
Use props
wild giles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 908094 ft
Canada

In atti mode today I did get 97km/h.  sport and P mode top speed 80km/h.
2017-3-19
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

That's very interesting.  I was using S mode for my tests.  I'll have to try ATTI tomorrow and give it a go.  Thanks for the info.
2017-3-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-3-19 14:58
That's very interesting.  I was using S mode for my tests.  I'll have to try ATTI tomorrow and give it a go.  Thanks for the info.

You get the higher speed from wind assist. Sport is still a GPS regualated flight mode.
ATTI turns off the GPS regulated speed lock.
Be warned though, if you are going downwind on the outbound leg and going far, you run the risk of losing your craft.

IMO DJI has put in additional speed regulations because there are people flying at full speed for Long durations rather than for sprints and killing batteries. One such pilot in Australia did that, crashed after running out of juice and boasted that he'd successfully sue the company. He failed of course but any loss of craft isn't good for DJI.

DJI collects all uploaded flight data and puts them through deep learning algorithms so they know things about pilot behaviors that they won't share for competitive reasons.
2017-3-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

Having said what I did, there is no reduction in the power of the motors. The Inspire 2's ability to come back against strong wind is unmatched. If people want to threaten not buying because they can't hit a certain top speed, its their loss.
2017-3-19
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

Good points!  Thanks.
2017-3-19
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-19 16:01
You get the higher speed from wind assist. Sport is still a GPS regualated flight mode.
ATTI turns off the GPS regulated speed lock.
Be warned though, if you are going downwind on the outbound leg and going far, you run the risk of losing your craft.

Hi Mike,

These are interesting insights, but for me... if you bill the Inspire 2 speed as a sales feature it should remain in spite of what a few numskulls out there do......  causing problems for everyone else. They are few and will eliminate themselves from the mix. This is a pro rig after all and Dr. Jon lost a job because of this speed deration.   DJI would not have any problems legally with those few idiots  if the a case would ever arise.  The I2 has redundant batteries and should not be restricted  because of power or at least be limited when the battery  amperage drops below a certain threshold and give you a warning in the App.

The pilot in command should have the ability to make decisions and control the speed of the aircraft as designed  (IMO)
So this is disappointing to me.

With great respect
Rich

2017-3-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-19 16:32
Hi Mike,

These are interesting insights, but for me... if you bill the Inspire 2 speed as a sales feature it should remain in spite of what a few numskulls out there do......  causing problems for everyone else. They are few and will eliminate themselves from the mix. This is a pro rig after all and Dr. Jon lost a job because of this speed deration.   DJI would not have any problems legally with those few idiots  if the a case would ever arise.  The I2 has redundant batteries and should not be restricted  because of power or at least be limited when the battery  amperage drops below a certain threshold and give you a warning in the App.

He can fly in ATT mode.

BTW, I was just speculating about what DJI did. I could be wrong.

DJI has custom overrides for special customers. Its a fair bet that Hollywood types like Ethan Hawke would have some thing special.

I heard of someone in Asia who had a specially created 'stealth' version of a DJI drone that had made less noise than the rack machine as this guy's neighbourhood required that. Cost was no object to the buyer and the price was not disclosed but expect it to be in the 5 figure range for that mod. So there....
2017-3-19
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

i did no updates and i get 111 kph  111 km per hour in sport mode, and a perfect video with that speed!!!, no jello no nothing, just perfect
Vince
2017-3-20
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I think DJI initially offered refunds for the first speed related issue.  It would be nice for them to offer some type of incentive for lowering it again.  Obviously, at this stage, they can't simply refund as this was a firmware later implemented.  My current standpoint is the performance needs work.  It just flies big and heavy.  People always counter argue me and tell me that it's far more stable in wind conditions, the handling is acceptable for video equipment, and that my ask is outside expectation.  Let me put this into perspective.  If you bought last years Mustang sports car and this years mustang sports car was faster, packed full of more features, but lacked handling because it was heavier, how would you feel?  Sure the fans would jump out and tell you how good it is.  But the fact of the matter is that it is what it is.
2017-3-20
Use props
FvZD3n7Yx8gJ
First Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

has somebody else the same problem with the speed?
2017-3-20
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

Well I did some more flight testing today.  It was quite windy, guessing 15-20 knots.  Flying against the wind in Sport mode I saw about 40-42 mph.  Flying with the wind , again in Sport mode, I saw 52-55 mph.  Switched to ATTI mode and with the wind I got 60 mph.  Based on those tests and what I recorded a few days ago it definitely seems like it's slower then it was prior to the .240 F/W update.  Now I recognize that using the Go 4 app isn't always the most accurate, it's what I used last month and it's the same I2 and R/C I used today.  Draw your own conclusions!  BTW, the I2 flew very well in that wind and when Return to Home was commanded it landed within a knats eye of where it took off from.  I'd say the F/W change made with .240 definitely tightened up the RTH accuracy.
2017-3-20
Use props
nik1975
First Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

i have made today some flight test and still the same 79 km/h is the most with wind and without wind always the same..... i buy the inspire 2 because i love the speed and the power... and now that???
2017-3-20
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

I'm really upset about this.  Honestly I didn't purchase this for it's top speed, but from a pure commercial consumer perspective, don't we have any recourse here?  I mean it was marketed as X, then in real world is Y and now far worse...this isn't A typical of how a business should operate ethically.  They need to give SOMETHING BIG BACK TO US.  I'm thinking about logging a call into consumer affairs in DC as I have a buddy there and ask their opinion.
2017-3-22
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-19 16:04
Having said what I did, there is no reduction in the power of the motors. The Inspire 2's ability to come back against strong wind is unmatched. If people want to threaten not buying because they can't hit a certain top speed, its their loss.

Another DJI's pet...the cat! Please, see things as they are: a lot of mates here complaining about a dishonest and undesirable speed reduction! DJI does not have the right of reducing speed because that's a feature of the aircraftt from day 1! A lot of people bought this thing fed by its ability to reach top speeds around over 100 km/h and this is not something expendable, for many it's something necessary. For you maybe speed talks nothing to but what about who uses high speed takes for job? Try to film a motocross competition following the frontliners closely or a race with a drone that is blocked to 80 KM/h! DJI couldn't have reduced speed...should never do it, once they sold I2 with this feature ahead on the specs sheets! I hope  they fix this, but, honestly, have so little  faith on seeing this happening, once they did this to I1 exactly the same way: under a firmware's skirt...
2017-4-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-4-5 05:46
Another DJI's pet...the cat! Please, see things as they are: a lot of mates here complaining about a dishonest and undesirable speed reduction! DJI does not have the right of reducing speed because that's a feature of the aircraftt from day 1! A lot of people bought this thing fed by its ability to reach top speeds around over 100 km/h and this is not something expendable, for many it's something necessary. For you maybe speed talks nothing to but what about who uses high speed takes for job? Try to film a motocross competition following the frontliners closely or a race with a drone that is blocked to 80 KM/h! DJI couldn't have reduced speed...should never do it, once they sold I2 with this feature ahead on the specs sheets! I hope  they fix this, but, honestly, have so little  faith on seeing this happening, once they did this to I1 exactly the same way: under a firmware's skirt...

Purrrrr.....
DJI philosopher once said (pulling chin): barking dogs don't bite. Have gonads? Then organise class action suit. Otherwise, chill and make do. No free craft or accessories for barking only, sorry.

The above may be annoying but isn't that life?

2017-4-5
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FvZD3n7Yx8gJ Posted at 2017-3-19 13:28
i buy the inspire 2 last wednesday so maybe i give it back to dji.... for a new one... whiteout update ;-)

you can buy mine, did no update and fly's like a dream!

i only ask a 1000 more than the new one!

:-)
2017-4-6
Use props
fans2332ecf0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33688 ft
United States

It is so much more powerful than the Inspire 1, but the over all performance in speed is kind of disappointing. Yes its a pro product but when you feel like your back flying the sluggish I1 its a bit frustrating spending 6500$. I have over 20K invested in dji products in the last 2 years. Id hope one day they actually test their products long enough to give accurate product specs and not change them after millions of dollars of the product is sold to consumers.  
2017-4-7
Use props
ValentinF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5673871 ft
Switzerland

Same thing here: went from flying easily over 95 km/h (60 mph) before FW update and now impossible to get anything above 80 km/h (50 mph). All in sport mode, no wind. From the posts above I understand that I might be able to go past this limitation in ATTI but I am not really fond of this hidden "feature" in this last update...
2017-4-8
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

ATTI mode is in no way an excuse to up the speed w/out GPS, I think that is a BS out for anyone to say.  DJI failed big time and what they did is unethical.  Yes a case can be pursued (talked to someone in consumer affairs), but who has the time to spearhead this??
2017-4-8
Use props
Roland Biskupek
lvl.1
Germany

What was the first Firmware that reduced the Speed of the Inspire 2 ? Like for example: First believe of Speedreduction in V01.00.240.

Thanks in advance
2018-7-19
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7801565 ft

Same here. Just updated yesterday. After the update, I put the aircraft in the air and flipped to sport mode. Nothing happens anymore after the update. It reacts the same as if it's still in GPS mode. Is there a setting that needs to be changed that DJI added on this update or is it what everyone is saying and they just pulled a fast one on us?

Sport mode used to hit 60-65mph. Now, im lucky to hit 35. Pitch has drastically been affected. I looked at the Exp. graphs to make sure nothing had  changed but can't find anything that is different.
2018-7-19
Use props
dpeagle
Second Officer
United States

you guys realize this thread is almost 1 1/2 years old.
2018-7-19
Use props
Rolli
lvl.1
Germany

My question was aimed for that "one" Firmwareupdate in the very past when people started realising "oh, my inspire 2 got slowed down" So does anybody remember when DJI decided to slow down the drone a bit? (Not date) Firmware please.

TIA
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules