Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How I got DJI Go 4 on a P4P working perfectly with my Nvidia Shie...
986 17 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

This might be common knowledge for others runnings DJI Go 4 on the Shield 1, but I wanted to post the setup that works for me 100% of the time.

• It's been determined that DJI Go 4 is not stable on the K1 when running Android 7. Those with this setup experience regular app closures anytime they fly, no matter what settings they use on the K1 or in DJI Go 4.

• Those running DJI Go 4 on the K1 with older versions of Android may not experience the app closures but, when saving recorded video to the K1's cache, users tend to get intermittent feeds with video artifacts to match. Disabling local cache can resolve this issue, but what do you do if you want a copy of your video saved to your device in case you lose your quad?

This is what I have done:

1) Downgraded my Nvidia Shield K1 to Android 6.
2) Disabled background apps from running in the background on my K1 (this step might not be necessary).
3) Updated/upgraded my P4P, my transmitter, my batteries, and DJI Go 4 to the latest firmware/version.
4) Disabled local recording of video in DJI Go 4.
5) Installed the free Mobizen Screen Recorder app (to record video locally to the K1).

Since doing this, the DJI Go 4 app is solid (no crashes or breaks in the video feed whatsoever). Videos recorded to my K1 are solid and I have a video record of everything I did in the Go 4 app.

If you have the K1 and are not having a great experience with it, either try what I have suggested, or perhaps switch to using the Litchi App for now.

2017-3-19
Use props
Tony62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572795 ft
  • >>>
Italy

How did you do the downgrade from Android 7 to Android 6 ? Also I have the Nvidia SHIELD K1
2017-3-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tony62 Posted at 2017-3-20 21:20
How did you do the downgrade from Android 7 to Android 6 ? Also I have the Nvidia SHIELD K1

Look at post #12 here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-85675-1-1.html
2017-3-21
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

"Installed the free Mobizen Screen Recorder app (to record video locally to the K1)."

Did you have problems with K1s internal screen recording feature or why did you get an app for this?
2017-3-23
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-23 13:55
"Installed the free Mobizen Screen Recorder app (to record video locally to the K1)."

Did you have problems with K1s internal screen recording feature or why did you get an app for this?

I did not know that existed. Just tried it. Is there a quick way to end recording with it? I can press the power button with Mobizen. Actually, is there a fast way to START recording with it too? I have only been able to go through multiple steps to start and stop.
2017-3-23
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

It has been my experience that disabling background apps, via the developer menu, only lasts for one power cycle.  If you power down the device, when next you turn it on you have to disable background apps again.  Do you experience that as well?

Disabling hardware overlays in the developer menu helps a lot but also only lasts one power cycle.
2017-3-23
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-3-23 19:30
It has been my experience that disabling background apps, via the developer menu, only lasts for one power cycle.  If you power down the device, when next you turn it on you have to disable background apps again.  Do you experience that as well?

Good question! I haven't ever checked to see if I needed to do this every time I power up. I'll try to test this tomorrow. I'll post back once I know.
Edit: I checked just now. You are correct. It resets to Standard limit every power cycle. So,  my K1 runs well even with background processes running. That's good to know.
2017-3-23
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-3-23 15:51
I did not know that existed. Just tried it. Is there a quick way to end recording with it? I can press the power button with Mobizen. Actually, is there a fast way to START recording with it too? I have only been able to go through multiple steps to start and stop.

No - unfortunately there is no option for a floating button or shortcut.
2017-3-23
Use props
Tony62
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Beyond the various downgrades still must dji solve the problem on Android 7, it is not that every update we can get to downgrade the device, it is already more than a month that there is' the problem and they still have not taken steps, then accidents happen and do not recognize their own faults. We should not be forced to go to ios.
2017-3-24
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tony62 Posted at 2017-3-24 00:22
Beyond the various downgrades still must dji solve the problem on Android 7, it is not that every update we can get to downgrade the device, it is already more than a month that there is' the problem and they still have not taken steps, then accidents happen and do not recognize their own faults. We should not be forced to go to ios.

I agree with you to an extent, but if the issue is on Android's end DJI is not responsible for a fix. Of course, I do not know on whose end the issue is.
2017-3-24
Use props
Tony62
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-3-24 05:32
I agree with you to an extent, but if the issue is on Android's end DJI is not responsible for a fix. Of course, I do not know on whose end the issue is.

but at least they say so, and we will continue to buy android device
2017-3-24
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tony62 Posted at 2017-3-24 06:34
but at least they say so, and we will continue to buy android device

As will I (because I greatly prefer Android over iOS). My point was that DJI might not be the issue here, therefore DJI may not be responsible for releasing a fix.
2017-3-24
Use props
Tony62
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-3-24 06:46
As will I (because I greatly prefer Android over iOS). My point was that DJI might not be the issue here, therefore DJI may not be responsible for releasing a fix.

Android has released version 7, should adapt dji dji go 4 to version 7, it has always been so apps and software conform to the operating system, not the other way
2017-3-24
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tony62 Posted at 2017-3-24 07:12
Android has released version 7, should adapt dji dji go 4 to version 7, it has always been so apps and software conform to the operating system, not the other way

You win! I'm done with it.
2017-3-24
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.4
United States

After downgrading to Android 6.01 did you leave the K1 firmware at 5.0, or did you also downgrade it to 1.5?
2017-4-9
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I downgraded the firmware to 1.5.
2017-4-9
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.4
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-4-9 16:39
I downgraded the firmware to 1.5.

Thanks!
As far as disabling all background apps from running is concerned what's the easiest way to do that? Do you use any system cleaner app, or the option in developer's menu?
2017-4-10
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-4-10 04:51
Thanks!
As far as disabling all background apps from running is concerned what's the easiest way to do that? Do you use any system cleaner app, or the option in developer's menu?

I used the option in the Developer menu, but I did not realize this had to be done every time the K1 was power cycled, so I was actually NOT using this feature most of the time. I am no longer sure it helps much.
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules