Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I Dream of Cinque Terre
1107 8 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse9ac2261
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I’ve just finalised a beautiful video that merges aerial shots and ‘holygrail’ time lapses - day-to-night, night-to-day, of Cinque Terre. It compliments the set of aerial photos that were voted ‘ best drone images of 2016’ and published by numerous magazines.

This video is not the typical aerial clips put together. I’ve tried to push the limits of what can be done with movement and dynamism to keep the viewer engaged throughout the video. It took a year to edit as a side project and was filmed on the Phantom 3 and the time lapses on the Canon 5d mark 3.

I hope you will find it of interest!

Jerome

2017-3-20
Use props
Augustus Brian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

fanse9ac2261:

Fantastic. Hard edit work pays off. Each edit decision informs the plotline. The time lapses are remarkable. Playful score allows fanciful edit tricks, usually verboten in this genre. Thanks.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very creative. Great color and contrast. Thanks for sharing.
2017-3-20
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Beautiful scenery. Nice work! Did you slow down your footage in the video editor? The image is jittered and to avoid that I would film in manual mode with a double shutter speed than the fps. I would slow down in post only if I film with 60fps or more.
2017-3-20
Use props
DLX734
lvl.1
United States

Wonderful!  A fantastic job and end product!
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Such a beautiful location! Thanks for sharing.
2017-3-20
Use props
masterdronephot
lvl.1
Argentina

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-20 06:03
Beautiful scenery. Nice work! Did you slow down your footage in the video editor? The image is jittered and to avoid that I would film in manual mode with a double shutter speed than the fps. I would slow down in post only if I film with 60fps or more.

Thanks! It was due to a slow memory card!
2018-1-7
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

Yes a very nice concept I particularly liked the incorporation of the time-lapse. The only criticism I would make after understanding the reason for the "jitteriness" in some footage, shame, is that some of the transitions were a little abrupt and harsh. Super locations though.
2018-1-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Fantastic video!
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now