Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost signal -> no RTH
613 10 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111716 ft
Germany

Hello,

i have been activating the RTH function in case of lost signal on my inspire 2.

After deactivation of the controller, the inspire 2 just landed without flying home.

Is this a bug?

Thanks.

2017-3-20
Use props
bke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111716 ft
Germany

I forgot to say. All tests before with manual RTH activation where successful. But not in case of emergency.
2017-3-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

bke Posted at 2017-3-20 04:56
I forgot to say. All tests before with manual RTH activation where successful. But not in case of emergency.

I bet you were within 20 yards of the Home Point .  Would that be correct ?  If you are within that range the Aircraft will just descend and land , this is normal .  

Be sure when setting the Height of the RTH that you  are able to  Just clear the tallest object in the area, any more than that is a waste of battery and when you use  that function you may need all the battery power you can get .
Also make sure that the " Remote Control Siganl Lost" is set to "Return -To -Home"   as there are option for it to Just "Hover"  Or "Land"

*** I just realized you have the Inspire 2.....I have the Inspire 1 but believe these features are the  same.

Hope this helps

donnie
2017-3-20
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Hi Donnie, almost right. but the I2 has intelligent compared to I1 when using return home and if it find something in its way on return flight it will find a way around it. So RTH doesn't need to be the biggest building in the area, it will back track and move around any object that blocks its path. It will remember how it got where it is an d use some common logic to get back home. But your also right if RTH is 20 yards away it will flash a warning on the GO 4 and say to close to RTH and will  hover ... Don't forget it has OA so can see around objects.
2017-3-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-20 06:20
Hi Donnie, almost right. but the I2 has intelligent compared to I1 when using return home and if it find something in its way on return flight it will find a way around it. So RTH doesn't need to be the biggest building in the area, it will back track and move around any object that blocks its path. It will remember how it got where it is an d use some common logic to get back home. But your also right if RTH is 20 yards away it will flash a warning on the GO 4 and say to close to RTH and will  hover ... Don't forget it has OA so can see around objects.

So I get half the prize money  still  correct?  LOL

I keep forgetting to look if it is Inspire 1 V2 Or Inspire 2. , Oh well I will  figure it out eventually !!

Thanks DJ

donnie
2017-3-20
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-3-20 06:37

I keep forgetting to look if it is Inspire 1 V2 Or Inspire 2. , Oh well I will  figure it out eventually !!

What's with a the Donald Duck avatar?
2017-3-20
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Donnie * Posted at 2017-3-20 06:37

Have you done something different with your hair Donnie? Love that bow tie!

Brother Mark
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, how far off were you from the home point when you conducted the tests?
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Alastair Posted at 2017-3-20 06:48

I'm noticing a few others with Disney avatars now, I wonder if this was a group concensus?
2017-3-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Alastair Posted at 2017-3-20 06:48

Just a change up, my daughter thought  Tony Soprano was a bit harsh .

donnie
2017-3-21
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-20 06:52
Have you done something different with your hair Donnie? Love that bow tie!

Brother Mark

Dont think I have not noticed you too Mark........

donnie ( donald )
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules