A few thoughts in my head on what happens if...
484 4 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borse2008
lvl.2
United States

Hi all,

So ive heard the mavic is pretty steady with weather conditions, so how does it transmit the imagery from the camera (mavic) back to the controller it is all via wifi isnt it?

Secondly is the capturing button only when you want to from my understanding no different if i was using my camera phone.

How does it know where buiildings are does it use any mapping software or system?

Obviously it has a range of sensors, but could it fall out of the air when hovering and recover itself and maintain.  If you do lose it what happens and how can you find it does it have a lost mode?

2017-3-20
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

1. WiFi is only used when you are controlling the Mavic Pro with your phone. When you are using the dedicated RC, it uses OccuSync, DJI's new transmission tecnology.
2. I don't understand what you mean.

3 and 4. The Mavic has front and downward facing sensors to avoid obstacles (buildings). I dont see an scenario where it would spontaneously fall while hovering, but yes if it is high enough, it could recover itself. If you lose it, you have the option of seeing the last GPS location recorded in the DJI 4 App.

2017-3-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

If it crashes, You will be able to track its last GPS location as long as it has battery power.
2017-3-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Also i dont think it knows where building are, you need to control it on where it needs to go.
2017-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

At the top of this page there is a link to all tutorials, I would suggest it would be a good idea for you to view them, also there are many you tube videos with loads of info and easy to follow instruction videos.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules