Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care and Insurance?
1890 14 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borse2008
lvl.1
United States

Any of you taken it out?

Worth it ?

Do i need it?

2017-3-20
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.1
United States

100% get the DJI refresh its only an extra $100 on a $1,000 piece of equipment. you get 2 new drones if yours goes down within a year.
2017-3-20
Use props
borse2008
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the quick response
2017-3-20
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

State Farm $60 for $1300 worth of full coverage for me with no deductible. Plenty of threads about it.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Care Refresh is a must have for that oops moment you accidentally crash your Mavic into a wall.
2017-3-20
Use props
fansc2962bbc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Don't rely on warranty if Dji is to evaluate the filghtdata. Get the care refresh  or insurance. I know the hard and expensive way.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-3-20 09:27
Don't rely on warranty if Dji is to evaluate the filghtdata. Get the care refresh  or insurance. I know the hard and expensive way.

The warranty and Refresh are two totally different things.
The warranty covers you for manufacture issues, Refresh is for pilot error crashes.
2017-3-20
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's likely cheaper in the long run to use DJI's Refresh over traditional insurance - unless you don't use it.
2017-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For. Hundred quid, it gives you great peace of mind, freedom to learn without always fretting something might happen, and if it does your covered, if it doesn't well for 12 months peace of mind it's worth it. Don't be without it..
2017-3-20
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

State farm us a much better deal if you live in USA and not CA.

You can get your drone insured through their PAP (Personal Articles Policy) for $60 a year and no deductible. It will cover both lost / stolen as well as accidental damage (crash). Unlike refresh it does not require you to have the drone to make a claim, can be renewed each year, covers accessories, has no 48 hour limit, and you get a brand new drone (no repairs or refurbished).
The only problem is that each agent and underwriter has their own discretion, so many people need to all around before finding one that will write the policy.
Tons of great info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/drones/comments/5oruff/state_farm_insurance_guide/
Here is a list of agents in each state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1180163488

2017-3-20
Use props
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

I have both, but honestly believe Personal Articles Policy is better coverage, and at this point in time, more cost effective.

If I understand correctly, and would like to be corrected if wrong, DJI Care Refresh costs $99.  If you crash and are able to recover the aircraft to send in, you pay another $79 for a replacement (likely a refurbished unit, but I don't have anything against refurbished - as long as it goes through the QA process the same as new).  If you crash again, the 2nd is another $129.  So you pay $99+$79 for first pilot error.  Add another $129 if you are a really bad pilot.

With PAP, you pay the premium (usually around $60 depending on state) and register the item (SN and receipt is all that my agent required).  If I lose the AC, its stolen, damaged beyond the value to repair, State Farm cuts a check for the original value.  

There will be some that will advise against filing a claim, and that it will affect premiums.  I don't disagree that claims for a PAP "may" hit a database (LexusNexus or some such), but doubt it will have much impact on premiums for your homeowners or auto unless you are likely to change insurance providers.  Even then, can't believe it would be a greater hit than the value of your Mavic.

So math.  First pilot error, $178 for replacement.  Second pilot error would be a total of $307 (adding $129 for the 2nd error) in costs to keep you flying a Mavic.  PAP is approximately $60 (or less) and my understanding is that you could make 2 claims in a year before being dropped/denied.  This last statement I am making is purely what I have read somewhere from another poster's research and has not been confirmed or even tried by any Mavic pilot.

I would certainly like to hear from others if I mis-stated anything.

Hope this helps.  I went overboard and got both with the intention I never need it..........
2017-3-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-3-20 14:11
I have both, but honestly believe Personal Articles Policy is better coverage, and at this point in time, more cost effective.

If I understand correctly, and would like to be corrected if wrong, DJI Care Refresh costs $99.  If you crash and are able to recover the aircraft to send in, you pay another $79 for a replacement (likely a refurbished unit, but I don't have anything against refurbished - as long as it goes through the QA process the same as new).  If you crash again, the 2nd is another $129.  So you pay $99+$79 for first pilot error.  Add another $129 if you are a really bad pilot.

I went overboard and got both with the intention I never need it..........

I'm not sure that's going overboard at all; I'm increasingly of the opinion that getting both is actually the best choice for those who are able. Crash but recover the Mavic and you can use Care Refresh with no fear of a hit on your insurance premiums. Crash but don't recover it (say it winds up in the water) or it's not covered by Care Refresh for some other reason and you can use the State Farm policy instead.

Sure, you've paid for two different types of coverage and maybe (hopefully) will use neither, but it seems to me that the extra flexibility and peace of mind that $60 gets you isn't a bad deal.
2017-3-20
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-3-20 14:11

I've done a ton of research on this and everything you said is correct.

Even if you get dropped after you first claim it doesn't matter. You can always get refresh when you cash your check from state farm and buy a new drone.
2017-3-20
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I am in WA, US and I got State Farm PAP policy to cover my P4 and Mavic for $61/year with $2200 coverage.
They cover lost/stolen or broken. P4 was purchased in Aug 2016 but they have no problem to cover it.
They only need receipt. When I first called a local agent, they didn't know about it. They wanted to verify and called me later.
Next day, they called and said I am good to go.
2017-3-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Nebraska  $30/year via personal articles policy for $1500.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules