Dji go 4 + mavic pro connectivity ng randomly
617 3 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8950102a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 972884 ft
Portugal

I bought a mavic pro combo 4 days ago. I use Dji go 4 + iphone 7 plus. So far I was only able to make a couple of flights. Sometimes dji go 4 connects to mavic, while others don't. It happens randomly and it's VERY frustrating. And yes I tried other cable (usb) and etc etc etc (I own a Phantom 3 pro for 2 years now I am not a noob in drone stuff). I drove 300 kms to use the mavic and I wasnt able. Can't trust it because I never know when or if it will work. My iphone works perfectly, please don't tell me I have to buy other device for the mavic, iphone 7 plus is a recomended device for this drone since it was released! I own several DJI products like the Phantom 3 Pro, Osmo mobile and now (unfortunately) the Mavic pro. All of them have issues: the P3 shell was cracking all over (changed it 4 times!) and never had the range they were announcing, my osmo mobile I bought for the iphone 7 plus and it simply doesn't work with it, the footage is useless (jello, bobbing, shaking and it tilts sudenly without leveling again). And finally the Mavic pro: sometimes it connects while others don't. Is it supposed to be like that? Or after spending 1500€ in a product it should at least work each time I turn it on?
2017-3-20
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

There are some good people over here, I am sure you will get it sorted out.  Regards, -d.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the iPhoine 7 Plus and it works fine with my Osmo Mobile. Since both have OIS, you have to use a very good Ninja walk to keep it from bobbing. As far as the tilt falling, you cannot is it with a slim phone cover and you need to make smooth movements.

My iPhone 7 Plus has never given me any issue with my Mavic, if you are losing connection with the GO4 app with the side cable and multiple Lightning cables plugged into the bottom port then it sounds like a connection with the RC and I would contact support and send it in for evaluation.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-3-20
Use props
fans8950102a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 972884 ft
Portugal

Dji ken thanks for helping. Today Afternoon I tried again to fly the mavic and I got the same results, unfortunately. Made like 20 tries but ended up being able to fly two batteries. However another strange thing occurred: with the drone at 5 meters from me, It lost the camera view 2 times while flying (it asked if I wanted to RTH both times). In some of the other tries I was able to conect however I had no camera image. I bought an apple usb/lightning cable today but ends up being the same like the other cables I tried. I also used my wife's iphone 7plus but the results are also random. When it works I really like the Mavic. I wish it was a trusty product for me. Regarding the osmo mobile: the so called dji walk or ninja walk doesn't fix it. And it has nothing to do with iphone 7 plus ois: it also happens with my 5s. The tilted problem is also appearing with the 5s, a much smaller and lighter device compared to the 7 plus. However if you try the Zhiyun Crane M3 (another gimbal) with the iphone 7plus, besides it has no angle limitations (you can almost turn it 360 and it keeps fine) it generates smooth and perfectly leveled footage - something Dji announced the osmo mobile would do.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules