MavicPro<>GO app - image transmission issue
510 3 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
intermingled
lvl.1

Germany

Hi to everyone.  

I flew my new Mavic only a few times so far.
When inside/indoor, I was in atti mode and had no problems first
On my first flight outside and now also inside, the image transmission from Mavic to my oneplus one was like 70% of the time in air impacted by some kind of codec-issue lookalike problem.
I had the drone close to me all. The time only going up and down pretty much. However I couldn't see where the camera was pointing And I experienced a high latency. Moving the Mavic or the gimbal was shown on phone with about let's say clearly over 1 second later.
I attached an example of what the Cache video inapp (go 4 app) looked like when flying. You see one anomalie. I there is also another style where it looks like relief effect from the older days

I am a bit worried as we are leaving to visit borneo in two days.

Best
Max

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/videos/share/img-transmission-issue-style-1?account_id=maxgrea

2017-3-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Is the oneplus model on DJI's approved phone list?

If so, I would start with lowering the bandwidth requirements of your downlink video using the HD settings. Choose Normal Mode for Image Transmission Settings and experiment with the Downlink Bandwidth and Transmission Quality settings. You can also reference the graph of signal interferance to see if that's where the problem lies.

Good luck!

2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is the list of DJI recommended devices, please try one of them for the best flight experience.
For using the unapproved device, along with Ex Machina's suggestions also make sure you have no other apps running and go into settings and Force close all other apps and it may help.
2017-3-20
Use props
intermingled
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks. I will go for a flight now and gonna check the sensors, rc signal strength, and for signal interferences.
No, I think, as a lot of other phones that do work like charme with GO 4 App, I expect to get this working; but no, oneplus one - as far as I know - is not on the small list of explicitly mentioned to be supported phones.

I'll be back reporting about the recent behaviour.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules