Takeoff/Hover issues
1772 7 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf7fb2cec
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I received my Mavic Pro a couple weeks ago and have only had a chance to fly it a couple times even though I've tried multiple times. The majority of the time when I take off, it immediately descends and asks to land. I can throttle up and ascend but if I let go it will immediately start to descend. If I throttle up and move away from my takeoff point, RTH will initiate. It doesn't matter how many times I cancel the landing, it just keeps popping up. I've searched online and this doesn't seem to be a common problem.

Some observations:

- I've only tried to take off from my driveway and from a park a few miles away.
- it has never allowed a proper takeoff or even hover from my driveway, the two successful flights were from the park, but I have the problem sometimes there as well
- I've been close to my vehicle so maybe that is interferring?

Warnings:

- Aircraft close to Home Point. "go home" shifts to "landing" (again this happens literally right after takeoff)
- I also get Strong Wireless Intererence warnings at both locations some of the time

I calibrated the controller and compass straight out of the box and this has been a continual problem. This is my first drone so perhaps I have a setting activated that shouldn't be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2017-3-20
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Is your battery fully charged for both the controller and Mavic? Have you looked at the settings in DJI GO app for the battery to see where it is set for warning and critical.
It seems that something is triggering the need to land or RTH.
2017-3-20
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

This is a bit strange. Do double check what zone you're flying in - maybe too close to an airport and/or the no fly zones are wrongly assessed by DJI in your area? Whatever device you're flying with as the screen - do switch over to flight mode on it to minimize interference from the device - I have a Samsung S7 and if I don't switch it over to flight mode I do get interference warnings (anyhow - you don't want to receive a call when flying anyhow).

See if this helps ;-)
2017-3-20
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I recently saw somebody post on Facebook (I think) with what sounds like the same issue. Was that you?

I suggested that perhaps the RTH button on the remote is jammed or defective.

I supposed you could try flying in WiFI mode, without the remote, and see what happens?
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and let me know your DJI account email and the exact date this occurred.
I'll help to review the flight records.
2017-3-21
Use props
fansf7fb2cec
lvl.1
United States

Ok, today I calibrated everything again at the park. I also clicked and wiggled the RTH button a bunch of times on the controller to make sure it wasn't stuck (it didn't feel like it). Surprise, surprise it took off with no problems!
When I got home I set it in my driveway and again, it took off and hovered with no issues.

So, I'm not sure if it was redoing the calibrations or if the RTH button really was stuck on the controller, but thank you Jason for the suggestion!
2017-3-21
Use props
fans089ba7a2
New
Flight distance : 75394 ft
Australia

Good Day,

I have the same problem. just received my brand new mavic and Drone keeps reverting to landing mode immediately following take off. the RTH button on the controller feels a more rigid than the power button. is it stuck/jammed ? - forcing it to RTH.?
2017-4-21
Use props
fansbd04e72e
New
United States

I had enjoyed my Mavic Pro for almost 2 months when I started having the same issue.  I had read a few other forums that suggested that the actions were from the RTH button being activated.  I noticed the icon on my phone screen showed that the RTH could be pressed on my touch screen.  But, as soon as it took off, RTH greyed out and it would land.  This told me that something was activating it.  I checked all my settings on RTH but it always RTH'd.  I even told it to Hover instead of RTH.  But, RTH it did.  I wiggled the RTH button, what seemed 100s of times.  The RTH button felt like it was working appropriately but with always the same resolve, RTH would grey out and land.  I then switched to wifi mode and flew it with the app without any issues.  I was almost tempted to take the remote apart but decided I would try it one more time.  RTH greyed out and it landed.  Now completely frustrated;  I unplugged the cable left of the RTH button, on the remote, and slammed the side of the remote where the cable was beside the RTH button into my leg about 6 times, like an old NES controller.  I plugged the cable back in, hooked up my phone, and now I've been back to flying since.  I will no longer be using the RTH on the controller.  I don't recommend this method to fix your RTH button and it wasn't the technical solution I was looking for, I just finally lost my temper.  But, I do think this confirms that the RTH button is sticking causing this issue.  Good luck on getting yours fixed.
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules