M600 Pro Litchi Waypoints
6851 9 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmyers
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

Has anyone used Litchi for flying waypoints with the M600 Pro? I want to make sure the firmware is compatible with the app before I pull the trigger and purchase an M600 Pro.

Thanks,
Derek
2017-3-20
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

Hi,
I asked, they couldn't guarantee it worked with the Ronin MX + Panasonic GH4. Don't know about the dji-camera's. Just send them a mail and ask.
But frankly, I wouldn't let my decision depend on the availability of an app...

Good luck
2017-3-21
Use props
autopiloton
lvl.2

United States

Yes it is, I currently use Litchi for waypoint missions on my M600 Pro. I do recommend uploading missions after the 600 is in the air. If you start a mission on the ground it gets a bit aggressive with motor starting and liftoff. You will also want to make nice rounded turns in your mission, the 600 will wobble a bit when transitioning through a waypoint if there is little to no rounding of the turn.
2017-3-30
Use props
dmyers
lvl.1
United States

autopiloton Posted at 2017-3-30 07:06
Yes it is, I currently use Litchi for waypoint missions on my M600 Pro. I do recommend uploading missions after the 600 is in the air. If you start a mission on the ground it gets a bit aggressive with motor starting and liftoff. You will also want to make nice rounded turns in your mission, the 600 will wobble a bit when transitioning through a waypoint if there is little to no rounding of the turn.

Hi, I haven't had a problem uploading missions to my standard M600 with older firmware but I still can't get the latest firmware (that seems to be the same on the Pro and the M600) to recognize when the controller is in F-Mode.  The app shows that the controller is in P-Mode and says "GPS" when the controller is in F-Mode.  After trying to upload the flight plan is says the controller must be in F-Mode.  I recently purchased an M600 Pro and am having the same issue with the app not recognizing when the M600 Pro's controller is in F-Mode.  Do you have any suggestions??

Thanks,
D
2017-3-31
Use props
autopiloton
lvl.2

United States

I use an android galaxy tablet running Litchi when flying the 600 Pro. I also had the same problem that you are having when using my iPad, it kept saying it had to be in F mode even though it was. The only solution that I know of is using android. I find it handy to have both as I have found several instances of using them to diagnose problems. Sometimes the iPad is better and sometimes the android is better, just depends on the mission.  
2017-4-1
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft
Netherlands

dmyers Posted at 2017-3-31 08:37
Hi, I haven't had a problem uploading missions to my standard M600 with older firmware but I still can't get the latest firmware (that seems to be the same on the Pro and the M600) to recognize when the controller is in F-Mode.  The app shows that the controller is in P-Mode and says "GPS" when the controller is in F-Mode.  After trying to upload the flight plan is says the controller must be in F-Mode.  I recently purchased an M600 Pro and am having the same issue with the app not recognizing when the M600 Pro's controller is in F-Mode.  Do you have any suggestions??

Thanks,

I tried the same with Ipad version today. Latest Litchi version and M600 firmware1.00.80. No luck. Litchi does not recognize me setting remote controller to F-Mode. i will try an Android device but i believe it is the Firmware of the m600 causing problems (someting wrong with SDK). I reported it to Litchi
2017-4-4
Use props
dmyers
lvl.1
United States

Fotopiloot Posted at 2017-4-4 06:16
I tried the same with Ipad version today. Latest Litchi version and M600 firmware1.00.80. No luck. Litchi does not recognize me setting remote controller to F-Mode. i will try an Android device but i believe it is the Firmware of the m600 causing problems (someting wrong with SDK). I reported it to Litchi

Hi Footpiloot,

I have been in correspondence with Litchi over the past couple weeks about the issue.  They have been extremely receptive and are communicating with DJI to get the issue resolved.  Litchi informed me yesterday that they are hopefully releasing a beta version that will fix the issue this week.

https://flylitchi.com/beta

D
2017-4-4
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft
Netherlands

dmyers Posted at 2017-4-4 08:45
Hi Footpiloot,

I have been in correspondence with Litchi over the past couple weeks about the issue.  They have been extremely receptive and are communicating with DJI to get the issue resolved.  Litchi informed me yesterday that they are hopefully releasing a beta version that will fix the issue this week.

Hello D,

Thanks i will sign up for the betaversion and hope for the best. I also tried DJI GS Pro today but that did not work to, seems the same problem not recognizing the F-Mode switch. I am fairly certain that the M600 needs update the firmware because also other applications suffer from some SDK errors of this firmware. To my knowledge DJI promised to come with a new firmware by the end of March but apperantly it is delayed.
2017-4-4
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

autopiloton Posted at 2017-4-1 12:42
I use an android galaxy tablet running Litchi when flying the 600 Pro. I also had the same problem that you are having when using my iPad, it kept saying it had to be in F mode even though it was. The only solution that I know of is using android. I find it handy to have both as I have found several instances of using them to diagnose problems. Sometimes the iPad is better and sometimes the android is better, just depends on the mission.

This is true since Litchi was originally developed for Android only. I too have both and iPad Mini and a Nexus 7 tablet and choose to use the Nexus 7 for all Litchi waypoint missions. It just works better for that particular mission planner.
2017-4-6
Use props
manleypv
lvl.1
United States

autopiloton Posted at 2017-4-1 12:42

Which Galaxy tablet did you use? I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it will not communicate with the drone.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules