Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Something is going on with app dev with DJI Go4 on Android
170 6 2017-3-20 16:12:01
bvQlltGg1Yw3
Hobbyist
New Zealand

I've been having issues with 'disconnect' messages greying out the screen while using DJI Go4.

I had a feeling that it had been getting more frequent each time I updated the software. I'm running a Moto G 3rd Gen which is pretty much running 'stock' Android.

Decided to de-install DJI Go4 and installed DJI Go just to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Despite an initial message informing me that DJI Go was discontinued for the Mavic, I ran down a full battery without a single disconnect issue. The program did crash ONCE but it came back up at the same point and didn't interrupt a 'point of interest' flyby I was performing.
Last week I couldn't get this function to work at all due the disconnects, which shut it down before resuming the screen display.
DJI needs to fix DJI Go4 stability.

2017-3-20 16:12:01
Use props
DJI Mindy
China

Since the Moto G isn't listed in our device recommended list which might be incompatible with DJI GO app.
Do you have another mobile device to test with?
Besides, have you tried to change another original usb cable to test?
4 days ago
Use props
CrazyHorse019
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 102668
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 02:51
Since the Moto G isn't listed in our device recommended list which might be incompatible with DJI GO app.
Do you have another mobile device to test with?
Besides, have you tried to change another original usb cable to test?

Hi Mindy,

I want to start with that I appreciate the assistance you are giving all of us at the moment, a lot off issues must be really frustrating to see, as DJI have been massively successful with the MAVIC. Now I wanted to bring this issue up with someone at DJI also as I created a similar thread a couple of days ago. The android app is being used on recommended and non-recommended devices and the issues are persistent in both cases. It's getting to the point where people are unable to fly as the app crashes multiple times throughout a flight. Can you please get the developers on this app to have a look at this forum and the threads that relate to these particular issues? In this day and age its simply unfair to ask someone to swap to an iDevice and hold them to ransom over it. I would be happy to do some testing for the developers if they had a 'beta' version of the app so they could get feedback.  Thank you again for your time.  
4 days ago
Use props
chalde
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 37098
United States

There are maybe 10 posts average on a daily basis regarding problems with DJI Go 4 App and Android...
And given how often the same issues are reported, it's pretty simple to get the most popular devices on the market, test and debug them rapidly, If it was a single, obscure report, I'll understand, but with the amount of report, both on the forum and Play Store, one will think DJI Software developers will be on top of it.

Now, didn't know that DJI Go could be used with Mavic...
4 days ago
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 4718
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-21 03:31
There are maybe 10 posts average on a daily basis regarding problems with DJI Go 4 App and Android...
And given how often the same issues are reported, it's pretty simple to get the most popular devices on the market, test and debug them rapidly, If it was a single, obscure report, I'll understand, but with the amount of report, both on the forum and Play Store, one will think DJI Software developers will be on top of it.

I can understand your fusstration --- I think Android is a little harder for DJI cause what I noticed is that Android seems to constantly be upgrading and updating way more then Mac/apple ios which gives ios more stability . DJI seems to be chasing after Android to try to stay compatible ---- Android 7Nougat seems to be  the worst upgrade to run the latest version of GO4 v4.0.5
This is Just my Opinion
4 days ago
Use props
b0n3
Hobbyist
United Kingdom

Another thread with the issues on Android, cmon DJI, open your eyes and please start doing something instead of recommend to use IDevices.
4 days ago
Use props
DJI Mindy
China

CrazyHorse019 Posted at 2017-3-21 03:24
Hi Mindy,

I want to start with that I appreciate the assistance you are giving all of us at the moment, a lot off issues must be really frustrating to see, as DJI have been massively successful with the MAVIC. Now I wanted to bring this issue up with someone at DJI also as I created a similar thread a couple of days ago. The android app is being used on recommended and non-recommended devices and the issues are persistent in both cases. It's getting to the point where people are unable to fly as the app crashes multiple times throughout a flight. Can you please get the developers on this app to have a look at this forum and the threads that relate to these particular issues? In this day and age its simply unfair to ask someone to swap to an iDevice and hold them to ransom over it. I would be happy to do some testing for the developers if they had a 'beta' version of the app so they could get feedback.  Thank you again for your time.

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using? Which model, type and the system version?
Please export the crash log and upload it to dropbox.
I'll help to forward your information to our engineers for review.
4 days ago
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next