Does this annoy anyone else, and is it even legal? ATT DJI
2120 13 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ ... ch+dji&_sacat=0

Whenever I search ebay for P3 goodies, I always come across these underhanded morons posting their low-end crap all over the place, and pretending it's a DJI product.

Any of us can tell it's bogus garbage, but how many n00bs out there see the "DJI" and/or "PHANTOM" in the listing and buy it for themselves or for friends/family thinking they're purchisang a high-end drone?

Liars turn my stomach.

2017-3-20
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

If I saw this I would think my Phantom had beenplaying with other drones without "prop gaurds" (if you know what I mean!)
s-l1600.jpg
2017-3-20
Use props
mrttzr18
lvl.1

Turkey

I gotta be honest, that's just simply the nature of a lot of things on ebay. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Until then, I think there's a lot more important things to learn about flying a DJI drone to avoid collisions then worrying about the cheap prop guards on ebay.
Welcome to the internet, there's a lot of that stuff around this digital world.
2017-3-20
Use props
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

mrttzr18 Posted at 2017-3-20 21:26
I gotta be honest, that's just simply the nature of a lot of things on ebay. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Until then, I think there's a lot more important things to learn about flying a DJI drone to avoid collisions then worrying about the cheap prop guards on ebay.
Welcome to the internet, there's a lot of that stuff around this digital world.

Oh, well slap my forehead for such a sage outlook, sensai!

I'll have to start tolerating a lot of crap that happens in the world just because it's "simply the nature of a lot of things".

I guess I can put you down as "not annoyed".

2017-3-20
Use props
Mrtzr
lvl.1

Turkey

Your post had little to do or learn from, however you did ask a question regarding if it was legal. Although, I understand that sometimes text doesn't always read the same way as it was meant to sound. I only had the honest intent to try and add my opinion to your post, and more importantly to include the fact that DJI drone owners should be cautious buying things without applying their common logic before making a purchase to their expensive equipment.
So, in that case. Go ahead and put me down as "Not annoyed".
2017-3-20
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

This being sold by a USA based seller in the first eBay ad ... and the wording says its Skytech ... with DJI in mind ....

There is no claim to be DJI. The letters DJI are not copyright - only the DJI logo and I don't see that anywhere.

Yes its skating on thin ice but not illegal.

EBay is full of this sort of sakes ... actually most online markets have such .... if there is a complaint - they remove ad and reword the replacement.

Nigel
2017-3-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-3-20 23:24
This being sold by a USA based seller in the first eBay ad ... and the wording says its Skytech ... with DJI in mind ....

There is no claim to be DJI. The letters DJI are not copyright - only the DJI logo and I don't see that anywhere.

Please keep quiet about this, I am making a large amount selling these to certain interests in the middle east who are baiting Patriot missile installations......
2017-3-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-21 00:19
Please keep quiet about this, I am making a large amount selling these to certain interests in the middle east who are baiting Patriot missile installations......

I love it !!

MORE MORE MORE !!

Nigel
2017-3-21
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Why I never use eBay
2017-3-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Ebay is fine as long as you don't rush in.

I have had a lot of success with eBay items I bought ... in fact I do not use Amazon because of the multitude of cloned gear on there that 'appears' genuine !

I also know that many sellers that 'leave' eBay appear as sellers through Amazon ...

Nigel
2017-3-21
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

They only put DJI Phantom in the title so when someone searches DJI Phantom on eBay their product comes up also. I'm sure people reading their ad can tell the difference between that little quad, compared to the real thing.
2017-3-21
Use props
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-3-21 11:54
They only put DJI Phantom in the title so when someone searches DJI Phantom on eBay their product comes up also. I'm sure people reading their ad can tell the difference between that little quad, compared to the real thing.

@"They only put DJI Phantom in the title so when someone searches DJI Phantom on eBay their product comes up also"

What did you think I meant by "annoying"? If I'm looking for rolls royces, I don't want to wade through ads by morons with skateboards who put rolls royce in the title just so it will come up in my searches.

@"I'm sure people reading their ad can tell the difference between that little quad, compared to the real thing"

Missed the part where I mentioned "n00bs", eh?

2017-3-21
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-20 20:20
If I saw this I would think my Phantom had beenplaying with other drones without "prop gaurds" (if you know what I mean!)

That's a good one ! I'm keeping mine in its case from now on when I'm not around or I might come home to gimbal guards on the ceiling and batteries all over the floor!
2017-3-21
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Just got to love this line, "It flies absolutely perfect!!!" WOW
"This M62 Drone is built with the DJI Phantom in mind. It flies absolutely perfect!!!"

But I'm with "mrttzr18" on this one, Not annoyed, it is what it is. That's eBay for you, buyer beware.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules