Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor life
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnyv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Anybody have any information after how many hours of operation the motors should be replaced?
2017-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Brushless motors last a long time
2017-3-21
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-21 02:14
Brushless motors last a long time

Don't they say 400 hours?  I thought I saw that in the manual.  Probably wrong though.  I think if you keep them well maintained,  get an air canister to remove debris after every flight, and launch off of a pad, you should be good for a while with good maintenance.
2017-3-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

History has shown that motors are not a weak link.  It's almost certain something else will fail before a motor (e.g. an ESC).  
2017-3-21
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The motors are very reliable. I use a FLIR IR Thermometer to keep track of their performance. This is part of my flight log.
2017-3-21
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Thanks for your responses. I hope a moderator can provide us with some recommendations since there is no redundancy in the drone with regards to flight.
2017-3-21
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-3-21 11:16
Thanks for your responses. I hope a moderator can provide us with some recommendations since there is no redundancy in the drone with regards to flight.

By replacing a good motor there is far more chance of creating a fault than there was of having a problem with the original motor.

Don't know how long the Phantom motors will live, but brushless motors in general can run continuously for 10 years, they are used for things like computer fans and hard disk drives that are run 24/7.   When they do wear out, you know that it is time to replace them because of the bearing noise.
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules