Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI - please set real expectations about repair times
780 3 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snap_Shot
lvl.2
United States

Hello DJI,

Afters weeks of researching drones I finally decided to buy a Mavic for my first drone! When I received it and flew it a few times, I immediately fell in love with it. Yes, I am an inexperienced drone pilot and I bought the drone knowing that one day I would most likely crash it or something would happen to it. I was not a member of this community and sent it in for service knowing full well id be paying money for it to be fixed. I was led to believe this would be a process and haven’t held my breath as I know it takes time to fix and test etc.

However, once I sent my mavic in I started to miss it so I started to read peoples stories on this forum. I knew after reading multiple stories about people sending theres in and waiting for a month maybe longer to get theirs back it would take a long time to get there and back. I have a trip coming up to Mexico and after reading the stories on here I decided to purchase ANOTHER Mavic. I understand that I didn’t have to do this but I did not want to be waiting for my original Mavic to get back in fear that it would not arrive before my trip.  

Heres what I ask of DJI.

Give people realistic timelines, at first after reading stories I was a little biased thinking "man some of these people are impatieint, dont they know its going to take a decent amount of time?" then after I sent mine in, im now realizing their anguish and sourness waiting for their drones. ive been waiting a week for an update about mine and still nothing.

Thanks,

Snap_Shot

2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have checked your case. We have sent you the quotation on Mar.15.
Did you receive the quotation and pay for it?
2017-3-21
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.2
United States

Hi Mindy,

thank you for the response. The source that told you that I was sent a quotation on March 15 is NOT correct as I only received it after posting this last night 3/21. I paid immediately.  Screen shots below. As I said in the above because I knew there would most likely be problems with my repair I purchased a whole new mavic so I wouldnt be without one. I just ask that DJI clean up their process a bit especially if you say your system says it was created on March 15th and it took me a week to get the quote.  

Email from DJI with my quote - you can see the time stamp in the top right corner

Screen shot just now of my case progress

Screen shot of payment made immediately when I got the quotation last night 3/21

2017-3-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Snap_Shot Posted at 2017-3-22 05:57
Hi Mindy,

thank you for the response. The source that told you that I was sent a quotation on March 15 is NOT correct as I only received it after posting this last night 3/21. I paid immediately.  Screen shots below. As I said in the above because I knew there would most likely be problems with my repair I purchased a whole new mavic so I wouldnt be without one. I just ask that DJI clean up their process a bit especially if you say your system says it was created on March 15th and it took me a week to get the quote.  

Ive seen lots of people get quick turn times, I think they are doing what they can to fulfill all customer needs.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules