Mavic descends when RTH is activited
1614 9 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hybrid0175
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205712 ft
United States

I understand that the Mavic will react differently based on certain conditions when RTH is activated. I was testing/playing with RTH, which I have done successfully in the past. Recently, I experienced where my Mavic descended from the hovering position when RTH was activated, instead of coming back to the home point (which was set properly during takeoff - 'H' on the screen). The Mavic was about 200 feet up/out in both altitude and distance when I activated RTH. RTH Altitude is set to 60 M. The Mavic descended to about 80 feet and never moved closer to the Home position. Luckily I canceled the RTH function in time. Outside lighting and GPS were all good.

Is this an issue? Did I not set up something correctly in DJI Go App? Please advise. Thank you in advance.
2017-3-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I noticed a couple times yesterday that I activated the landing feature when I meant to activate RTH and I couldn't figure out why the AC was descending instead of returning home as expected. It wasn't until the third time that I realized what I was doing. 74 flights in and I'm apparently now getting careless with which button I hit. Sigh.
2017-3-21
Use props
hybrid0175
lvl.2
United States

I'm not aware of a 'landing feature' vs. 'RTH'. I activated through the GO App rather than the dedicated button on the remote. This has always been how I activated in the past. Is this a new feature? Or do I just need to pay more attention
2017-3-21
Use props
hybrid0175
lvl.2
United States

hybrid0175 Posted at 2017-3-21 08:17
I'm not aware of a 'landing feature' vs. 'RTH'. I activated through the GO App rather than the dedicated button on the remote. This has always been how I activated in the past. Is this a new feature? Or do I just need to pay more attention

Thinking back....I think it's just me not using the correct feature. lol
2017-3-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

hybrid0175 Posted at 2017-3-21 08:17

Heh, it's the icon above the RTH icon. It looks like an arrow pointing down to a circle.
2017-3-21
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

What is GO app version you using? Did you see home point set when you take off?
2017-3-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-21 08:21
Heh, it's the icon above the RTH icon. It looks like an arrow pointing down to a circle.

That's tooooooo funny! I've done the exact same thing -> Press the Land button instead of the RTH. After doing this once, I now routinely use the button on the RC.

For some reason, my habit pattern was to press the outer-most button which is wrong in the GO4 app. For me, the RC button is safer...
2017-3-21
Use props
hybrid0175
lvl.2
United States

ngvuanh Posted at 2017-3-21 08:23
What is GO app version you using? Did you see home point set when you take off?

I'm on the latest version - 4.0.6. Yes, home point was set properly. It's a pilot/user error for pressing the wrong button
2017-3-21
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Thats a funny mistake.
2017-3-21
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Upload the log to healthy drones and you should get some interesting data.  https://healthydrones.com/sync-app-ios?instr=1
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules