Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sharing some shots that COULD have been great
1769 22 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I wasn't going to post in case of a defect of the camera, but on the other hand, after 2 months waiting, this is my 2nd mavic (returned the other since it was already activated but still tested the camera out and also had blurred side), hopeing the camera issues would be resolved since the first issues reported in November (5 months is a LONG time to get something fixed in production) But I guess I'll have to send this one in asap.

First day I did some test shots, now I tried some night and day shots. But, they will all end up in tha garbage. I'm not mad. I'm sad into hopeing for something that was wishfull thinking.

Do I ask for an RMA now or do I wait 2 months for it to send in in the hope it will be fixed?

Oh and when I contact support, I hope they don't ask for reset settings, calibrate gimbal, IMU, downgrade, upgrade... That has shown no solution for anyone. I know this is the common 'script' to follow. Im also in the IT support business and (for real) photographer. This is 100% sensor/lens issue.

First test pic, hopeing it was ok, the day I got it. Right, sharp, left... :(

First test pic, hopeing it was ok, the day I got it. Right, sharp, left... :(

Didn't even bother showing the blurred sides. Small, it looks ok, but it isn't. Blur right and some ...

Didn't even bother showing the blurred sides. Small, it looks ok, but it isn't. Blur right and some  ...

Crop of the first pic. Insane when you focus on the right

Crop of the first pic. Insane when you focus on the right

The 2nd half of the right side when focus was on the left.

The 2nd half of the right side when focus was on the left.

This was the first thing I did when it was in the air: TEST FOR BLUR. So this picture sux, but 20min ...

This was the first thing I did when it was in the air: TEST FOR BLUR. So this picture sux, but 20min ...
2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

What do you think is worng with the camera othe then the night 3 night pics being dark?
2017-3-21
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Belgium

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-21 11:20
What do you think is worng with the camera othe then the night 3 night pics being dark?

Don't you see the focus is sharp on the right and completly blurry on the left? It is sooo bad when the camera focuses on the side.  It should be sharp at the horizon.
Many other will know what is wrong. And the 3 night pics, are all the same picture. Just cropped.
2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-3-21 11:25
Don't you see the focus is sharp on the right and completly blurry on the left? It is sooo bad when the camera focuses on the side.  It should be sharp at the horizon.

The horizon looked to me like it was atmospheric Haze
But your last test shot of the trees , I do see what you mean
2017-3-21
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Belgium

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-21 11:28

No, it is suposed to be sharp. It was a clear day, it is actually just after sunset. The JPGs, (didnt bother editing the DNGs) crushed the shadows so bad. But that is another story.
2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Nees , correct me if I'm worng --- in the last pic posted of the trees it looks like its almost half of the whole Right side out of Focus
2017-3-21
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Belgium

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-21 11:37
Nees , correct me if I'm worng --- in the last pic posted of the trees it looks like its almost half of the whole Right side out of Focus
It is about 1/4 that is really bad, but yeah, it starts gradually in the middle.
2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-3-21 11:47
It is about 1/4 that is really bad, but yeah, it starts gradually in the middle.

Yes ---- That Suxs hope they can fix it for you --- This Time
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload some original images to dropbox then send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
2017-3-22
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-22 00:45
I'll help to check it.

Hi Mindy, I upped them to my Google Drive (dont use DropBox) but should work also. I upped the JPG and RAW DNG. You will see like the tree-test foto, that it is completely blurred left, just like the night picture, when I tapped to focus on the right side of the screen. And when I tapped in the middle, it got blurred at the right side. I hope to get a NEW replacement that will be 100%. Lucky I live less then an hour from the DJI Service Center in the Netherlands. So I could deliver my own 'package" myself

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5e_hcbS3VUmbnJxNF9EYnZBNmM
2017-3-22
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-22 00:45
I'll help to check it.

Hey Mindy, Did you had a chance to check them?
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nees Posted at 2017-3-24 07:31
Hey Mindy, Did you had a chance to check them?

Sorry for my late reply.
I have checked your images,it's probably the hardware issue.
I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here. You’ll get a case number automatically.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-24
Use props
Range30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Pretty nice share Need! Photos look great
2017-3-25
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-24 20:57
Sorry for my late reply.
I have checked your images,it's probably the hardware issue.
I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.

Thx for the reply, np for the delay, also have busy days   what do I send in, just the mavic with  SD card with the pictures on it?
2017-3-27
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

It's a common problem due to a manufacturing defect with the optical alignment. Only solution is to send it in for replacement / repair under warranty and hope that the replacement unit dosent also have the defect.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-69767-1-1.html
2017-3-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-21 11:28

DJI must have hired the guy who was in charge of focusing the Hubble telescope to fine tune the mavic cameras components.
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nees Posted at 2017-3-27 07:51
Thx for the reply, np for the delay, also have busy days   what do I send in, just the mavic with  SD card with the pictures on it?

You don't need to send in the SD card.
If there's nothing wrong with the battery and RC, then you can only send in the aircraft.
2017-3-30
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-30 01:43
You don't need to send in the SD card.
If there's nothing wrong with the battery and RC, then you can only send in the aircraft.

Hi Mindy, Just received my "quotation". I have Care Refresh and learned I should receive a new one then, I also added to the case, (written on the paper after I printed it) that  get Compass 1 Disconnect error after the craft warms up in the sun. I experienced this when I flew the days before I send it in. The first day, I got is when flying in sports mode, then turned sports mode OFF, still red light, compass 1 disconnected. I landed the craft. Turned it off, was getting dark anyway. Next day, tested again, took off, all fine, I let it hoover, and suddenly it started to become red, Compass 1 disconnected. I landed (rotors still running) back Compass 1 back ok, liftoff again, disconnected, during hover it connected and disconnected till it stayed disconnected. After I landed and let it cool down, it was again ok, till I took it outside again and it disconnected again.

As I added this on the paper, I hope they will take care of this also. I just recieved my "quotation" and it says Gimbal Overload, while that never was the problem, but the focus is the problem (perhaps this is just an administrative note? and will get a new one?). Doesn't DJI Care Refresh take care of a new one? If they don't take care of the Compass error, I'll have to send it back in the day I recieve it. I also uploaded a video to the same link above and screenshot from the DJI Go App. Please do not think this problem of disconnect it due to hovering on my terras. It happened during flying where there are fields behind my house. but when it happened, It also lost gps, Compass 2 was never a backup. I had to fly it back in ATTI mode. So I tested while hovering to see when it starts to happen and it seems heat.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nees Posted at 2017-4-11 03:02
Hi Mindy, Just received my "quotation". I have Care Refresh and learned I should receive a new one then, I also added to the case, (written on the paper after I printed it) that  get Compass 1 Disconnect error after the craft warms up in the sun. I experienced this when I flew the days before I send it in. The first day, I got is when flying in sports mode, then turned sports mode OFF, still red light, compass 1 disconnected. I landed the craft. Turned it off, was getting dark anyway. Next day, tested again, took off, all fine, I let it hoover, and suddenly it started to become red, Compass 1 disconnected. I landed (rotors still running) back Compass 1 back ok, liftoff again, disconnected, during hover it connected and disconnected till it stayed disconnected. After I landed and let it cool down, it was again ok, till I took it outside again and it disconnected again.

As I added this on the paper, I hope they will take care of this also. I just recieved my "quotation" and it says Gimbal Overload, while that never was the problem, but the focus is the problem (perhaps this is just an administrative note? and will get a new one?). Doesn't DJI Care Refresh take care of a new one? If they don't take care of the Compass error, I'll have to send it back in the day I recieve it. I also uploaded a video to the same link above and screenshot from the DJI Go App. Please do not think this problem of disconnect it due to hovering on my terras. It happened during flying where there are fields behind my house. but when it happened, It also lost gps, Compass 2 was never a backup. I had to fly it back in ATTI mode. So I tested while hovering to see when it starts to happen and it seems heat.

I have checked your case.  Our engineers should have aware of the focus issue.
I have added your concerns to your case. And before sending it back to you, our engineers will make sure everything is working.
Besides, your case was covered under warranty. Doesn't need to use your DJI Care Refresh.
2017-4-13
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-13 00:43
I have checked your case.  Our engineers should have aware of the focus issue.
I have added your concerns to your case. And before sending it back to you, our engineers will make sure everything is working.
Besides, your case was covered under warranty. Doesn't need to use your DJI Care Refresh.

Hi Mindy, I received a new one. Still had to activate it. (so don't think they checked the camera) I already tested the camera. My first tests show it is a lot better (I say a lot better, as it is not perfect,but close). Further testing will be done this weekend.

But now my concern is, that my Care Refresh still shows my old Serial Number. How does that work out if I have have to claim a repair again. Did they forget to link it?

Kind regards
2017-4-22
Use props
fanscec7daac
lvl.1

United States

Nees Posted at 2017-3-21 11:25
Many other will know what is wrong. And the 3 night pics, are all the same picture. Just cropped.

That weird it is doing that. I'd call support ask inquire. You'd like the whole picture would be blurry or in focus instead of half.
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nees Posted at 2017-4-22 03:15
Hi Mindy, I received a new one. Still had to activate it. (so don't think they checked the camera) I already tested the camera. My first tests show it is a lot better (I say a lot better, as it is not perfect,but close). Further testing will be done this weekend.

But now my concern is, that my Care Refresh still shows my old Serial Number. How does that work out if I have have to claim a repair again. Did they forget to link it?

Hi Nees, please send an email to djicare@dji.com include case number, old serial number and new serial number. They will assist you in transferring the DJI Care Refresh.
2017-4-23
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules