Devices again - have I misjudged??
1037 16 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

When I got my P4 I flew it with a Samsung Tab S.  No issues.  I then bought a P4 P... and flew it with the Tab S.  No Issues.  Then came the P4 P update and I had poor HD transmission from the drone to the Tab S.  I then bought the Inspire 2 and flew with the Tab S and it wasn' t too bad but with some HD issues... so I bought a Samsung Note 5.  This works well with the P4 P as well as the I2 BUT it only allows a video image from the I2's main camera.  Ooops!

A friend bought a new Samsung Tab S2 - I borrowed it and flew the I2 with it.  Both cameras came up and it worked well.  So today I bought a Tab S2 and tried it on the I2 (after the latest update) and it seems just fine!

BUT it does not even connect to the P4 P.... can that be??  Any help / suggestions please!!

2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, does the tablet show that there is a charge to the device? What are your current USB settings?
2017-3-21
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

What other APP you loaded that is for the P4P or I2?  With Andriod if you select one APP as the default when connected to a device then it wont release when connected to a different device. Go take a look in settings you will find it in the application settings.

You can also check see what APP is running and kill them and try attaching again.
2017-3-21
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-21 15:02
Just to clarify, does the tablet show that there is a charge to the device? What are your current USB settings?

I tried all the USB settings...  Yes it started off by showing "charging".  It is set to the default setting - working well with I2 - usb for displaying video etc.
2017-3-22
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-21 22:40
What other APP you loaded that is for the P4P or I2?  With Andriod if you select one APP as the default when connected to a device then it wont release when connected to a different device. Go take a look in settings you will find it in the application settings.

You can also check see what APP is running and kill them and try attaching again.

No other apps running - brand new Samsung.  I've reinstalled Go App 4  (after P4), made this the default, cancelled that, force stopped etc...  It just works on the I2 but no-go on the P4 P...
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-22 06:37
I tried all the USB settings...  Yes it started off by showing "charging".  It is set to the default setting - working well with I2 - usb for displaying video etc.

As of right now, is the USB settings set to "MTP"? Have you tried enabling USB Debugging? What OS version are you running on the device?
2017-3-22
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 08:39
As of right now, is the USB settings set to "MTP"? Have you tried enabling USB Debugging? What OS version are you running on the device?

Latest Android...  I think the "debugging" may only be for IOS??  Question still remains why it works with the I2 but not the P4 P??  Below you'll see the USB settings (default) and  DISCONNECTED... darn!!

Tab S2 not pickin up.jpg
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-22 10:14
Latest Android...  I think the "debugging" may only be for IOS??  Question still remains why it works with the I2 but not the P4 P??

Hardware Decoding is iOS, USB Debugging is Android. Could you verify what that OS version is, as the latest can be different depending on the device.

As far as compatibility is concerned, not all the products have exactly the same requirements. It's easier to determine what's compatible with Apple, since iOS is proprietary hardware and sofware. There are so many different manufacturers that use Android software, it will be a hit or miss unless is on DJI's supported device list for that product as it would confirm that it was test proven to work.
2017-3-22
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 10:47
Hardware Decoding is iOS, USB Debugging is Android. Could you verify what that OS version is, as the latest can be different depending on the device.

As far as compatibility is concerned, not all the products have exactly the same requirements. It's easier to determine what's compatible with Apple, since iOS is proprietary hardware and sofware. There are so many different manufacturers that use Android software, it will be a hit or miss unless is on DJI's supported device list for that product as it would confirm that it was test proven to work.

Current = Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Where / how do I find the "debugging"?
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-22 10:58
Current = Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Where / how do I find the "debugging"?

A quick way to access it now is to go into the 'settings' via the 'Me' section of the Go app and there's an enable toggle switch. It may bring you to your device's developer options, where you may need to enable it from there as well.
2017-3-22
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 15:50
A quick way to access it now is to go into the 'settings' via the 'Me' section of the Go app and there's an enable toggle switch. It may bring you to your device's developer options, where you may need to enable it from there as well.

Many thanks Jamie!  I found it and tried both options.  It did not work BUT I saw an option to run the tablet under OEM status ... and that worked!  Hallelujah!

Update:  It only worked ONCE!!  When I restarted everything the P4 P came up as disconnected again.  I've tried the OEM option again with no luck...  strange!!
2017-3-23
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

So far it seems that once the Go 4 app is installed it will work only once.  When you try it the second time is does not connect.  Only an uninstall / install then follows...
2017-3-23
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

There is a thread on inspire pilots that sounds very similar to yours. Looks like its an issue with latest Android version.
2017-3-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

There is a thread on inspire pilots that sounds very similar to yours. Looks like its an issue with latest Android version.
I know you wont like this but DJI focus on iOS first and transcode to Andriod. With iOS the version control is locked to only one device and easier to keep code under control but with Andriod there are many manufactuers versions and its this that gets the problems. I love Andriod and both my mobiles are Andriod but for relaibility i use an iPad for the I2  
2017-3-24
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-24 04:01
I know you wont like this but DJI focus on iOS first and transcode to Andriod. With iOS the version control is locked to only one device and easier to keep code under control but with Andriod there are many manufactuers versions and its this that gets the problems. I love Andriod and both my mobiles are Andriod but for relaibility i use an iPad for the I2

Thanks.  The Apple products are very "restrictive" in a sense and therefore I have not used/ loved them as much...  The irony is that I borrowed a Tab S2 and tried with the Inspire 2 before I bought mine.....  of course I flew it once and therefore did not notice the current issue.  Now I have the Tab S2!  Maybe I must try and roll back to Lollipop (from the current Marshmallow)??  
2017-3-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

I would suggest you take a look at some of the threads on http://www.androidcentral.com/ i see a few similar "issues" as you have. "random connection problems"
2017-3-24
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-24 19:45
I would suggest you take a look at some of the threads on http://www.androidcentral.com/ i see a few similar "issues" as you have. "random connection problems"

Thanks.  I flew today and found that for now I have to "force stop" the Go-app 2 to 3 to 4 times before I start - it then connects.  Pity.  (once connected it simply works till you try a 2nd connection for flight two)  The Tab S2 is 9.7" and fits the controller like a glove.
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules