Phantom 4 Pro VS. Mavic
3652 9 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GEOLOSOPHY
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone here have any concerns about the Mavic? And, if you've ever owned a Phantom4Pro, but now own a Mavic? Was the switch with it for something that just seems to be a tiny case for technology? I have yet to touch, or fly a Mavic, but just because of the  fact that your going from a 20MPX camera sensor in the Phantom 4 Pro linup to a 12-13 MPX camera sensor with the Mavic. The exact same gettup that the Regualar Phantom 4 has when I comes down to being at it. I'm sure the Mavic is a beautiful machine, and I want one. I would much rather discuss plays with Tom Brady on a Sunday afternoon.

Scott L. Allman
Geolosophy,LLC.

Scott.Allman@Geolosophy.com

2017-3-21
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I have had my Mavic since mid November and have no concerns what so ever.
My previous drone was a Phantom 2 V+ and I chose to upgrade to the Mavic solely because of its portability over the Phantom.

2017-3-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I'm quite happy with my Mavic with >70 flights under my belt. I chose it based on portability, price-point, and "good-enough" video quality. It's a pleasure to fly.
2017-3-21
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Do you like apples or oranges?
2017-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have both, p4p has a great camera, for both stills and video and it's very hard to find fault with it, on a windy day it's better and more stable to fly than the Mavic.

But Mavic is a great drone you can put it in a tiny bag 3x batteries go literally anywhere with in minutes have it up in the air, 12 mp camera 4 k video it will take great photos great video, and is just about the best fun you will ever have with a quad.
2017-3-21
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

It's a decent video rig. Youtube encodes 4k 30 back down to 56Mbps anyway https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

The mavic does around 60, but there's a few tricks to getting good video. I wouldn't judge it on a lot of the video seen posted. There are a few good ones out there, but most are uploaded by blind people imo. Here's one of the ones did earlier in the winter in testing. Camera is good raw, like hdr too (but that's just me). http://bit.ly/2nPBUZV

You can't beat how compact it is either.

2017-3-21
Use props
GEOLOSOPHY
lvl.1
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-21 14:28
It's a decent video rig. Youtube encodes 4k 30 back down to 56Mbps anyway https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

The mavic does around 60, but there's a few tricks to getting good video. I wouldn't judge it on a lot of the video seen posted. There are a few good ones out there, but most are uploaded by blind people imo. Here's one of the ones did earlier in the winter in testing. Camera is good raw, like hdr too (but that's just me). http://bit.ly/2nPBUZV

I had no idea that it got up to around 60. That is awesome.
2017-4-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mavic and the p4 are very similar in video and image quality and I enjoy them both but the mavic is just a very futuristic, cool machine.
2017-4-2
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15295 ft

The Mavic is like a mobile phone camera for me, it's not the best tool for the job but it's good enough for when I can't have a better one with me.  I've been taking the mavic out with a DSLR when walking or sticking it in a backpack when out a cycle and while there are times I wish I had a bigger sensor in the air, I wouldn't carry the bulk of a P4P with me and it's still only a fairly small 1in sensor anyway.

John
2017-4-2
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

If your using it for a profession or you want the best camera possible and convince isn't much of an issue go with the P4P+ it's amazing I've flown one and camera wise it's hands down double the Mavic. But you will need to make use you get high quality micro SD cards since it writes at 100 mbs
2017-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules