846 10 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sam.72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1347064 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sent my mavic in for repair.  Was recieved over 5 days ago and has not been checked in yet.  I call customer service for whatever that was worth and wass told they will get to it in the next month despite the fact I have DJI care.  Is this normal and how can you pay for a premium product and premium service (DJI CARE) and subpar customer service?
2017-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji lost my Mavic, so many times we have seen that ridiculous heading. Dji didn't lose your Mavic it won't show until they assess it many are having to wait because of backlogs, I'm sure if you put your case number up on your thread a dji mod will check it out for you, then some dji mod will change your heading to MISLEADING.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just as Hallmark007 mentioned, please provide me with your case number. I'll help to look into it.
2017-3-21
Use props
Sam.72
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy the Case No. CAS-497880-D0Y7X2.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
2017-3-22
Use props
Sam.72
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 19:54
Just as Hallmark007 mentioned, please provide me with your case number. I'll help to look into it.

DJI Mindy the Case No. CAS-497880-D0Y7X2.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Sam.72 Posted at 2017-3-22 06:37

There has been a bit of a back log for check ins. You would receive further status notification later Today.
2017-3-22
Use props
Mediator
New
Ireland

I don't get how there are so many DJI apologists defending the laughable handling many customers experience with respect to having paid an extra premium for prioritized support and getting less than what should be expected as standard. I'm guessing these are the same people that will go full tilt if you happen to have a cell phone of a different brand than them.

I too purchased DJI Care, but after my so far only encounter with DJI support I pray to Zeus I will never have to avail of it.
2017-3-22
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Mediator Posted at 2017-3-22 16:31
I don't get how there are so many DJI apologists defending the laughable handling many customers experience with respect to having paid an extra premium for prioritized support and getting less than what should be expected as standard. I'm guessing these are the same people that will go full tilt if you happen to have a cell phone of a different brand than them.

I too purchased DJI Care, but after my so far only encounter with DJI support I pray to Zeus I will never have to avail of it.

They've said in a few posts they're backlogged. It's been like this since launch. I had to wait 3 months to get mine, ordered early October. So I think a lot of us in that boat don't feel sorry for you!

A lot of chinese companies, if you've dealt with them before are like this. At least dji delivers what you bought from them. Some don't even do that.
2017-3-22
Use props
Mediator
New
Ireland

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-22 16:37
They've said in a few posts they're backlogged. It's been like this since launch. I had to wait 3 months to get mine, ordered early October. So I think a lot of us in that boat don't feel sorry for you!

A lot of chinese companies, if you've dealt with them before are like this. At least dji delivers what you bought from them. Some don't even do that.

I never asked for your pity, and even if you had it you could keep it. The fact remains that there are serious concerns being raised on a daily basis regarding the ethics of how DJI handles themselves these days, and it isn't even being entertained from DJI themselves. You apologists in here are not helping matters, as a matter of fact you are counterproductive. "They've said in a few posts they're backlogged" - as if that magically absolves them of any responsibility to their customers??!?

I for one would love nothing more than to wake up tomorrow to a DJI that understands that the customer cannot be considered incidental, but the way things are looking I will not be holding my breath.
2017-3-22
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Mediator Posted at 2017-3-22 17:07
I never asked for your pity, and even if you had it you could keep it. The fact remains that there are serious concerns being raised on a daily basis regarding the ethics of how DJI handles themselves these days, and it isn't even being entertained from DJI themselves. You apologists in here are not helping matters, as a matter of fact you are counterproductive. "They've said in a few posts they're backlogged" - as if that magically absolves them of any responsibility to their customers??!?

I for one would love nothing more than to wake up tomorrow to a DJI that understands that the customer cannot be considered incidental, but the way things are looking I will not be holding my breath.

I'm definitely not saying it's right. I've been ripped off plenty from chinese vendors as I bulk order parts. If you want the best price on raw materials, it's China. This isn't something that's new though, the backlog has been there since release. Ken posted that they are aware of the issue.

They should hire someone who can setup timelines based on supply, that would stop a lot of complaints. I think too, a lot of the complaints from people who've crashed thier 1k drone, noone cares. If there are issues with the mavic, fine. That's what the forums are for. They aren't for people who fly into the futon and then wreck into some trees outside. Like the same thing over and over lol
2017-3-22
Use props
Mediator
New
Ireland

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-22 17:19
I'm definitely not saying it's right. I've been ripped off plenty from chinese vendors as I bulk order parts. If you want the best price on raw materials, it's China. This isn't something that's new though, the backlog has been there since release. Ken posted that they are aware of the issue.

They should hire someone who can setup timelines based on supply, that would stop a lot of complaints. I think too, a lot of the complaints from people who've crashed thier 1k drone, noone cares. If there are issues with the mavic, fine. That's what the forums are for. They aren't for people who fly into the futon and then wreck into some trees outside. Like the same thing over and over lol

I make several hundred purchases a month from China, and every time I do I accept that there is a risk involved.  In my years of dealing with China though, I have to say that I do not have the same fatalistic view of their business practices and ethics that seem to be the norm. Yes, I to have been salted on occasion, but the percentage of incidents I have encountered is reasonably low. All that said and done, that's really neither here nor there.

DJI at this stage is a Chinese originating company, sure. I bet there are many PST customers that would be surprised to learn that though, and claim them as one of their own. In any event, with global distribution centers, national retailers with individual re-seller agreements, and what at least externally seems like regional service centers, I would say that CS needs to catch up. Just my two cents.

The reason DJI is boiling my noodles is that I love the products. I've had several, going back to the P1, and by and large they all found their way into my heart. Therefore it is a bit of a slap in the face to have to live with this lingering feeling of "if something happens to my beloved bird it seems overwhelmingly probable that I will be deeply disappointed with the care".
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules