Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Estimated repair cost
2469 7 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd8032b57
Second Officer
United States

I am wondering if anyone has any idea of the cost to repair a gimbal overload error after a crash. The gimbal still moves freely, but does not line up with the horizon when it boots up. It starts to initialize, but then points to the ground, doesn't move, and gives the gimabal overload/obstruction error. Just trying to get an idea of a ballpark number to repair. I do not have DJI Care/Refresh.
2017-3-21
Use props
Rick-Becco
First Officer
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

Item        Quantity                Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Mavic Pro Gimbal & Camera        1        179.00                179.00
Service Charge        1                        65.00/H        65.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                                                $244.00

But then they covered it under warranty - not care refresh - just no charge - it must have been a problem part?

When I got my Mavic & Remote back they were brand new - not repaired or refurbished
I did send them the log files maybe the fact that I was not touching any controls & it slowly moved over to a fence & hit at about 3 feet from the ground.
Next time it was turned on got the gimbal overload & some kind of motor overload.
I’m a happy flyer now but it did take 3 to 4 weeks Inc. ship.
GOOD LUCK.

2017-3-21
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-21 15:30

Ouch? Am I reading this correct - the mavic was drifting and hit the fence - and that's what caused the crash?

Also what is the "service charged" used for (if you know)?
2017-3-21
Use props
fansd8032b57
Second Officer
United States

Thank you, Rick! Appreciate the info! digital - that service charged fee looks like it a labor charge, as it as showing as an hourly charge.
2017-3-21
Use props
Rick-Becco
First Officer
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-21 15:41
Ouch? Am I reading this correct - the mavic was drifting and hit the fence - and that's what caused the crash?

Also what is the "service charged" used for (if you know)?

Props hit the fence & it flopped all over the place.
The 65 was a for one hour but like I said it turned in to a warranty -  NO CHARGE
This was a bill for the repair it looks to me that they were only going to charge 1 hour. On top of the bill it said this is covered under warranty.

2017-3-21
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-21 20:35
Props hit the fence & it flopped all over the place.
The 65 was a for one hour but like I said it turned in to a warranty -  NO CHARGE
This was a bill for the repair it looks to me that they were only going to charge 1 hour. On top of the bill it said this is covered under warranty.

ahh, missed that. Bummer that happened, glad to hear DJI took care of it.
2017-3-21
Use props
fansd72f4fcd
New

United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-21 15:30

You mentioned that you sent flight log files and got it covered under warranty? How did you get the log files. The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Once the drone lifted off the ground it immediately started flying sideways toward a wall without any input. I attempted to land it before it hit the wall but it was too late. Minor exterior damage but now the gimbal won't work.
2017-6-18
Use props
Rick-Becco
First Officer
United States

fansd72f4fcd Posted at 2017-6-18 13:50
You mentioned that you sent flight log files and got it covered under warranty? How did you get the log files. The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Once the drone lifted off the ground it immediately started flying sideways toward a wall without any input. I attempted to land it before it hit the wall but it was too late. Minor exterior damage but now the gimbal won't work.

I don’t remember how I found the files, but it was the DJI support that walked me thru getting them & sending them thru drobox.
I do remember calling them & asking for a supervisor that speaks English because I had a hard time understanding the support person on the phone & the on line chat.
Then they emailed me a return UPS label then the long wait began around 4 weeks including shipping.

Hope this helps.
If not try to get someone here on the forum to help that has more experience than me.

2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules