Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPad mini 4 overheating issues
3536 4 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansed5d1cc0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I have had 2 iPad mini 4's so far that I use with my Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro.  Both have bad overheating problems on sunny days in particular.  I am using the DJI hood, which seems to make it worse but its bad regardless.  

This overheating occurs on any hot sunny day, with the old DJI Go or the new DJI Go 4 app, using IOS 9 or 10.  I basically have to fly for one battery.  Let the ipad mini 4 cool down before flying again or I get MASSIVE video lag on the second flight.

Sometimes it's not really possible to wait and I just have to fly blind basically.

Has anyone found a way to stop iPad mini 4's from overheating on hot, sunny days with any DJI app?

2017-3-21
Use props
calls4u2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Careful with the overheating, apple gear is usually a few years behind and heat issues are common. Keep going and it may cause permanent issues so be careful.
2017-3-21
Use props
Crack The Sky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123402 ft
United States

I use an Mini 4 and fly (4) batteries back to back with no problems. What makes you think it is an overheating problem; you can feel it or some sort of read-out?
2017-3-31
Use props
fansed5d1cc0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

Crack The Sky Posted at 2017-3-31 03:25
I use an Mini 4 and fly (4) batteries back to back with no problems. What makes you think it is an overheating problem; you can feel it or some sort of read-out?

yes the back of the mini 4 gets very very hot.  I've had 2 of them so far, and they both overheat in hot, dry sunny conditions.
2017-4-4
Use props
fansdae4e9c2
New
Flight distance : 69219 ft
United States

fansed5d1cc0 Posted at 2017-4-4 02:41
yes the back of the mini 4 gets very very hot.  I've had 2 of them so far, and they both overheat in hot, dry sunny conditions.

Where are both of you located? The sun and temperature are not the only factors. Let the form know your locations, or the location where you fly that you are experiencing the overheating. Thanks.
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules