Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic gimbal error / slowly moving picture, bad horizon
1942 13 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0utstanda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31083 ft
Hungary

I'm getting really upset. This is my SECOND mavic, they sent me this as replacement for the first one with gimbal shake error, and this has gimbal errors too!
I had Mavic for 2 months now, and all is has is that sending packages, waiting for service (2 weeks), waiting for replacement drone, finding out that the replacement is bad too, and now waiting for shipping label to send it back.
The DJI support is now telling me that they not cover hungary, but the first time they covered it... what now?

The gimbal is slowly moving, with released sticks, in minimum wind, calibrated gimbal, IMU, compass, new firmware.

2017-3-22
Use props
lachyb
lvl.1
Australia

Does your camera drift when sitting on the ground? Mine was fine when I first got it 3 weeks ago but now the horizon is off and the camera drifts left and right when sitting on the ground.
2017-3-22
Use props
0utstanda
lvl.1
Hungary

lachyb Posted at 2017-3-22 14:43
Does your camera drift when sitting on the ground? Mine was fine when I first got it 3 weeks ago but now the horizon is off and the camera drifts left and right when sitting on the ground.

it does this on ground too

2017-3-23
Use props
Xavier25
lvl.1
Suriname

Mine also does the exact same thing. The gimbal moves to the left after takeoff and to the right after landing.
2017-3-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I can't see anything wrong with either the first or the second one.
2017-3-23
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

I was thinking at first you may be exaggerating a bit - but the second clip clears it up a bit. I do think they added the panning smoothness "feature" in the latest firmware - before it wasn't so apparent in my opinion. Anyhow - it's not like you have a seriously tilted horizon - it's just the continuous pan thing. This has been reported to the Mods here and I would say - let's see if DJI responds to the complaints - it's only a software thing.
2017-3-24
Use props
0utstanda
lvl.1
Hungary

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-3-24 00:52
I was thinking at first you may be exaggerating a bit - but the second clip clears it up a bit. I do think they added the panning smoothness "feature" in the latest firmware - before it wasn't so apparent in my opinion. Anyhow - it's not like you have a seriously tilted horizon - it's just the continuous pan thing. This has been reported to the Mods here and I would say - let's see if DJI responds to the complaints - it's only a software thing.

if you see the fast forvard part of the first video, you see that the horizon tilting too.
The whole picture is turning and sliding.
Not seriously tilted, but faulty enough to see (and make my sill position videos unuseable)
2017-3-24
Use props
0utstanda
lvl.1
Hungary

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-3-23 22:17
I can't see anything wrong with either the first or the second one.

the picture is moving. on the ground. slowly tilting and turning. it's not really good...
2017-3-24
Use props
0utstanda
lvl.1
Hungary

more ground shots. just take it up, turn, and put down... every other movement is from the gimbal

2017-3-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

0utstanda Posted at 2017-3-24 04:59
more ground shots. just take it up, turn, and put down... every other movement is from the gimbal

new video

The turns are quite rough. Is Gimbal Synchronous Follow on or off?
2017-3-24
Use props
fansd07f56a7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238225 ft
Germany

Having the exact same issue since Friday....
2017-3-26
Use props
0utstanda
lvl.1
Hungary

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-3-24 19:33
The turns are quite rough. Is Gimbal Synchronous Follow on or off?

The mavic turns faster in the air by itself, i watched about this when i do the videos.
But i have hand gimbals and the worst is come from a fast turn is that the gimbal is smashed to the endpoints, but after they all stand still.
I try with literally every gimbal setting combinations, and the result is the same...
2017-3-26
Use props
0utstanda
lvl.1
Hungary

So... i got my third drone from DJI, i think i give it up.
This unit produces the braking gimbal shake/glitch error wich i experienced in the first drone,
AND the unstable, slowly moving horizon error from the second, replacement Mavic.
So, this unit does the glitch and the unstable horizon error together.
2017-4-18
Use props
0utstanda
lvl.1
Hungary

I made some shots with the THIRD replacement mavic...

2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules