Mavic autonomous flying drone (2nd Controller?)
1459 6 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Austria

Hello everyone

I had an idea when I was on my holiday. I was filming with my Mavic. I did get some really great shots but...

The "active track" mode is working not perfect when i was snowboarding.
The next problem I had was filming when I was alone on the track. The Mavic Controller is not easy to handle when you are standing on the snowboard. I always needed help from a second person who did watch the drone flying safe and press the "pause button" if there was a tree or something in the way of the drone.

I thaught it was much easyer to have a water proof controller that I can hold in one hand.

Something like this:
Skizze1.png
I will explane you my idea to the controller:

Screen:
The screen will show you all important flight data. Maybe: battery status, settings for the way the drone shoud follow you, ... ...

Arrow up:
The arrow up will raise the mavic up in the air

Arrow down:
The arrow down will lower the mavic down to the ground

"5D- Button":
will move the drone in each direction: front, back, left and right.

Button:
The left button can be the "back" button if there is a menu to adjust settings for the drone.
The right button can maybe be the button to stop the mavic to keep you in focus with the camera and move the Mavic by the "5D- Button" around. Something like the pause button we do already have on the Mavic controller.

Micro USB:
A port to charge the controller and get a connection to any computer or smartphone.

Why a second controller?

I think that the mavic can do much more than just fly it around by the controller we adready have got. The "follow me" mode is really fine but not the best way to film my self snowboarding or some other sports. It loose its target sometimes and then i have to find it again. The Mavic should not follow "me". It shoud follow the Controller and move the camera and the drone automatic. This woud get much better results by flying the Mavic by it self.
If there is a tree or something else you can cancel the flight by pressing one button and the Mavic will stop automatic.

This is a idea I had when is was on my holiday.
What do you think about it?

Then the Mavic is not only the best portable drone. It also gets the best action sports drone.

Best greetings from Germany

Im sorry for my bad english

2017-3-22
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

Nice!  Hope they remember you when it shows up in the accessory section.
2017-3-22
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Austria

RightStuffed Posted at 2017-3-22 06:35
Nice!  Hope they remember you when it shows up in the accessory section.

I do really hope that DJI will build something like this. Yes maybe also that they will remember me
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You never know !
2017-3-22
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Austria

You think this can come for Mavic?
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-3-22 11:45
You think this can come for Mavic?

Maybe SkyNet
2017-3-22
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Austria

What do the other think about something like this?
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules