Horrible Sunny day filmimg
1451 7 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
07QPSPGT
lvl.1
United States

Hey good morning guys,

I got the phantom 4 so I could make really nice videos of the area I live in. The problem is I don't know about photography but I'm willing to learn. My issue at the moment is sunny days. I have all the camera settings set to auto since I don't know how to mess with them. Everything is way to bright, cant really get a clear picture of the horizon because everything is sooo bright. I face the camera down and it just doesnt seem to clear enough, I would expect much more out of 4K. Here is a peice of one of my flights, maybe you guys can see if its normal or maybe one of my settings is off? Flight was on totally clear day beutiful and sunny, around noon when the sun is somewhat above me.

2017-3-22
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Shoot Manual - get ND filter - choose early morning / later afternoon.
2017-3-22
Use props
07QPSPGT
lvl.1
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-22 06:43
Shoot Manual - get ND filter - choose early morning / later afternoon.

what do you mean shoot manual? I have a filter on it.
2017-3-22
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

My guess is that you have accidently turned the EV setting up using the rotary wheel on the right side of the controller - try turning it back down next time you fly.  EV 0 should be about right but you can adjust it if you prefer darker or lighter.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

07QPSPGT Posted at 2017-3-22 07:12
what do you mean shoot manual? I have a filter on it.

What they mean is manual exposure as opposed to auto exposure. That will keep the exposure consistent. You may want to look into Nigel's advice as well. A quick way to resolve that is resetting the camera settings to start from scratch.
2017-3-22
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Also fly early morning sunrise or sunsets.  Noon time is not the best for picture quality.  You will need to learn that you can adjust the video and photo settings even during flight.

Also ty changing settings to Landscape and Cinematic mode.  You might find that is a lot better.

2017-3-22
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

All cameras have problems with midday sun. You can expose for sky, or expose for the ground but not both. There's too much contrast. That's why sunrise and sunset are considered "the golden hours". It's not just about colour, but about flatter light as well. There some tricks but most involve post processing. There are no simple answers. Best to study photography, and maybe learn some post processing, or stick to shooting on cloudy days or near sunrise/sunset. If you can shoot with the sun behind you, it can help a bit though.
2017-5-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at this Post I made a while back, it has one or two good items/links.
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules