Phantom 4 Prop Guards
585 3 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325512 ft
Canada

Purchased prop guards for my P4. In the instructions it says obstacle avoidance will be turned off. I guess because the front guards get in the way.
Does anyone know of a work around for this?

2017-3-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

No, but there are other smaller (half) guards on eBay that are not as big as the DJI ones and claim they do not disable it.  You might be able to get away with just them mounted on the back too for some tip-overs.

I'll add I have them on my P4 too.  I needed to take a file to the plastic piece where the tab flips over to lock.  They were too hard to remove without some filing to those squeeze tabs.  Go on and off a lot easier now since the file attack.
2017-3-22
Use props
x7judy
New

United States

why cant i post my own thread? frustrated with this whole f n updated
2017-3-22
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325512 ft
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-3-22 09:01
No, but there are other smaller (half) guards on eBay that are not as big as the DJI ones and claim they do not disable it.  You might be able to get away with just them mounted on the back too for some tip-overs.

I'll add I have them on my P4 too.  I needed to take a file to the plastic piece where the tab flips over to lock.  They were too hard to remove without some filing to those squeeze tabs.  Go on and off a lot easier now since the file attack.

Thanks, I will look into that as well.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules